Did anyone with TVU status apply for h1b on or after jan 19th, 2011?

f1optstu

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone with TVU status apply for h1b on or after jan 19th, 2011?

Did any one got approved or RFE ?

Please share your exp in this thread.

Thanks

I applied for H1B on Jan 30. Not sure whether or not it will get approved. Have you received your receipt number? Please update if you have one..

I applied for H1B on Jan 30. Not sure whether or not it will get approved. Have you received your receipt number? Please update if you have one..

jan 30...are you not subject to quota? Did you apply for change of status(COS) from TVU F-1 to h1b?

I didn't apply. One of my frnd applied on jan 17 and got receipt on jan 19....waiting for approval...will update soon.

Please update your situation. Thanks in advance

Yes, I applied to COS from TVU F-1 to H1B. I am not subject to cap. I sent the application on Jan 30. Did not get the receipt yet. Will update soon..

@kellog

Did you do that in premium processing? or regular? I'm about to send in my package to USCIS today.

@ kellog

Did you ask your employer to see if the H1B fee check has been deducted yet?

Be Prepared

USCIS may approve H-1B for Tri-Valley students if Job requirement qualifies H-1B rules but they may not issue new I-94. This means you need to go out of country and get H-1B stamped. If you have valid H-1B stamp in your passport, you may use it to re-enter.
Be prepared for this.

Disclaimer: I am not attorney.

@sree1977
Thank you for the post. What is the source of this information? Do you know of anyone with similar situation who got H1B approved? Thanks

@f1toh

No I did not ask my employer. I will find out and let you know if the check is cashed or not. Thanks

Also, you cannot start working if your h1b approval is pending. Since your F1 visa is no longer valid, you can continue to stay in the country pending H1b adjudication but you cannot work. You will have to wait for approval. Thanks

This happened to my brother in 2009. He was out of status for 10 days; USCIS has approved H-1B without new I-94. This happened to many people in the past.
When attorney files new H-1B or extension of H-1B or Change of status to H-1B, attorney requests two things
1. To approve H-1B
2. Extend the stay or Change the Status and Extend the stay. (You can check this in I-129 form).
If person is out of status for any reason, USCIS approves H-1B but they don’t approve Extend the stay or change the status.

@kellog
Rajiv sir told me that there are some guidelines from Vermont service center and he forwarded me those documents but i did not had a chance to go through those docs. i will forward those to u.

@f1optstu

what is the status of your friend's application. USCIS premium processing time is 15 calender days. Did they give any response or RFE?

I heard that USCIS is holding the application and waiting for ICE investigation. is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked with him Today---no update yet

@f1optstu

what is the status of your friend's application. USCIS premium processing time is 15 calender days. Did they give any response or RFE?

I heard that USCIS is holding the application and waiting for ICE investigation. is that true?

No update on his application...no RFE nothing....will update if i hear anything from him.

@ekinus -

No news. Did not receive receipt number either.. anybody else have information? please share..