Did anyone talk to IIO as when will they resume 485 processing?

I\'ve got the same information from IIO. And she mentioned change in their process in order to ensur

called IIO today, she says that ALL 485\'s have been delayed for additional 60-90 days!

i got the same info saying they r adding an additional security systems in place.

So close!

No matter how far! Couldnt be much more from the heart!!!

Oh well
guess I have to increase my patience

Good luck guys.

"Forever trust in who you are..."

Metallica!

Now get ready for some metal up ur ass.
PD\'s will retrogress for EB3\'s like you and then
I will like to see you go around making judgement
on people for making calls to IIO.

Soon you be singing--
Master!! Master!!
Where all the dreams I have been after.
Promised me nothing but lies.

and offcourse you know this one
SANATARIUM (next home sandman?)

Advice needed

I am waiting for I-140, approval, any advice if I should get my medical done in preperation for I-485 filling, or if there is a temporal limit between medical and I-485 filling

No Title

60-90 days? OK, no big deal. Not the end of the world. After waiting for 50 monthes waiting another three won\'t make any difference. 10 weeks will pass you won\'t even notice..I\'d like to hear that from more credible sources than IIO though. To be sure that it is not worse than that.:)

No Title

I can face it anyday, as anyone in Telecom industry, it is just that there is nothing I can do about INS slowdown. So what would it change if I\'d be jumping around in nervous breakdown? Besides, even if I am laid off, and even, EVEN if I am denied of a GC, it is not the end of the world, no one will die because of that. If I have to go and live in my native country, it is not the best case scenario for me, but it won\'t be a tragedy.

Sorry I am new to this

If I file I-485 while the priority dates are current doesn\'t it mean that I am in and PDs retrogressing won\'t have any effect?

Thanks,
BR

No Title

I am waiting for I-140, approval, any advice if I should get my medical done in preperation for I-485 filling, or if there is a temporal limit between medical and I-485 filling

I think it is a silly rumor

I checked web sites of Murthy & Shusterman. I did not find anything regarding this delay. I think some stupid IIO gave some reason to a fellow to get him off his/her back, or may be some paranoid guy has misinterpreted what IIO told him.

Most of the time this is just an attempt to spread a stupid rumor & watch fun.

If INS is going to delay I485 processing by 60-90 days then this is big news/decision which will come out as a official memo. An IIO will be a last person to know anything about it.

Also note one more thing if INS is setting up any such new security procedure then all those people whose GC has already been approved after 9/11 will also have to go thru\' this security check. What if a bad guy\'s GC has already approved? Does this mean that all the approved GCs after 9/11 will be suspended?

I do not think anything like this will happen.

So best thing is to ignore this. If there is any such thing as delay then definately AILA will know & publish this.

Achiever

Approvals are slowed

but that does not mean they have suspended the I485 processing. After 9/11 I have noticed many times for 2-3 weeks there were hardly any approvals. This happened in November, December, February.

Also each officer does not work only on I485 cases. He handles whole different types of cases such as I765, I131 to name few.

I have noticed that they are approving I765 pretty quickly, but not approving I131 quickly. Now that does not mean they have stoped processing I131.

If they want to stop processing, they will stop all the cases & not only I485. They can not apply new security procedures only to I485. They will have to apply so called new security procedures to all types of cases.

Achiever

at least extra time is needed now

My lawyer called IIO yesterday and was told that my case (July 13 RD) was assigned to a duty officier one month ago and due to thje new background checkup requirement, another 30-60 days are needed before a decision is made.

this rumour seems so real.....

have started to beleive it... :(. My project ends in Aug and i thought i will have my GC by then, but now i doubt.