Did anyone get RFE on EAD?

RR_67

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My lawyer has applied for EAD on Nov 03, 2003. TSC has issued the following RFE on Jan 12th, 2004.

' We cannot verify that you have an underlying immigrant petition files, and/or approved. Please submit proof that there is or has been a properly filed underlying immigrant petition ( such as an I-140, I-130 or I-360).'

Sent the copy of I-140 on Feb 2nd. Online status is not changed yet.

How long does it take to change the online status to 'Recieved information for RFE' ?

What does this mean?

Did TSC misplaced my I-485 application?

I got my I-140 approved Nov 27th, 2001.

My I-485 info

SRC-02-123-XXXXX
ND - Mar 12, 2002
FP - May 16, 2003

Never did apply for EAD before. I have a valid visa. L1

Please shed some light on the this.

Appreciate it.

You have been lucky

In our case without asking for the I-140 in RFE they have denied our EAD application. It would take about 2 - 3weeks for them to send you the decision.

How can they do that??

Hi KGRM,

Appreciate your reply.

What was the reason for the denial?

How can they deny the EAD, if there is an I-485 pending and I-140 has been approved 2 years ago?

Can you please write your details?

Appreciate it..

- RR

RR_67

You should have submitted the I-485 receipt and I-140 filing receipt along with BCIS online status print out for both I-140 and I-485. I suspect some mistake from lawyer side he may have ticked wrong column or eligibility

How long does it take to get app?

Is any one on the same boat?

My lawyer has replied to the RFE on 02/02. Online message has changed on 02/10, saying they have recieved the information and it will take 60-180 days to make a decision.

Is there anyway, I can get the Interim EAD form our local INS?

Any information is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
- RR

How long does it take to get app?

Is any one on the same boat?

My lawyer has replied to the RFE on 02/02. Online message has changed on 02/10, saying they have recieved the information and it will take 60-180 days to make a decision.

Is there anyway, I can get the Interim EAD form our local INS?

Any information is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
- RR

Approved on 03/08

Online status says

'On March 8, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.'

This message is not a typical one. I believe it is approval.

Thanks,
- RR