Did anyone get an RFE while name check was still pending?

Might be a very good sign.

maxent said:
More LUD is now going on with my and my spouse's 485. Do not know what is going on.

RFE Recd 7/27
LUD 7/27, 7/29, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 10/9, 10/10

updates

Want to give an update here.

My I-485 was approved yesterday after I filed a lawsuit on Sept 15, 2006. My advice for those whose case is pending due to FBI NC is to file a mandamus as soon as possible. Don't waste a single minute!

Best Wishes for everyone!

pro se

Yes. Just check the other thread in "US Citizenship". There's more than enough info for you to do it by yourself.

painful485 said:
Thx for your advise.

Did you file your lawsuit by youself?

mandamus

Hi Oceanside,

Can you please provide more information on Madamus ?
Did you need an attorney to file this ?

If I don't hear antyhing by Nov 12th 2006, I will schedule InfoPass and proceed with Mandamus then.

oceanside said:
Want to give an update here.

My I-485 was approved yesterday after I filed a lawsuit on Sept 15, 2006. My advice for those whose case is pending due to FBI NC is to file a mandamus as soon as possible. Don't waste a single minute!

Best Wishes for everyone!

I called the number below; customer rep tells me she doesn't have access to information on security checks.

maxent said:
I followed following instructions posted by someone

1-800-375-5283

1-2-6-1

Lin#

1-3-4

this will take you to an NSC rep, the rep asked my Lin # and name, and EB type and priority date and then told me my case is pending on name check. The rep appears to nice. I cannot be sure whether that is the anwser for anybody with PD current or she is really pulling my info out of computer, but she did confirm the my name with the receipt #

writ of mandamus

A writ of mandamus is a kind of lawsuit compelling goverment agencies doing their job. Again, please check the thread in US Citizenship titled "Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit". You can file it by yourself (called Pro Se), or through the help of a lawyer. Usually a lawyer will charge you around $3k.

marlon2006 said:
Hi Oceanside,

Can you please provide more information on Madamus ?
Did you need an attorney to file this ?

If I don't hear antyhing by Nov 12th 2006, I will schedule InfoPass and proceed with Mandamus then.

Oops, sorry. I read your other posts later.

oceanside said:
A writ of mandamus is a kind of lawsuit compelling goverment agencies doing their job. Again, please check the thread in US Citizenship titled "Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit". You can file it by yourself (called Pro Se), or through the help of a lawyer. Usually a lawyer will charge you around $3k.

update

I got finger print notification last week and did that on last friday. Called NSC, they told me my case is with an officer and I should hear something in 30 days. Does that sound promising, folks? However, what makes me worried is my spouse did not get FP notification which is expired now.

TH4GC said:
I am in the same boat. Got the RFE early sept, and replied immediately. Couple of LUDs and now nothing else.

NSC, EB-1(OR)
140/485: RD: April 2005
140 AD: May 2005
RFE on 485: Sept. 2006
1st FP: May 2005
2nd FP: October 2006
485AD:?

my update

I finally sent 485/RFE response out. NSC LUD changes according to the receipt today. The senator also tells me my name check is still pending yesterday. I want to have a rest first and think about next step.

Let's keep this thread alive, shall we? I have got lots of information from other people's input, figure I will do the same thing. Any news? marlon2006, your case is approaching 60 days since NSC received your RFE, you should get approval very soon. Check the signature for my status. Wish all of us luck!

anyone else get approved recently after replying to RFE?

Congratulations to Oceanside! Well done!

Any update from everyone else here who submitted RFE?

I got the Welcome emails around 7:30pm today, the LUD changed this afternoon. After I sent the RFE, I called NSC, I was told my case was assigned to an officer, they didn't say yes or no about the name check status. So I guess if you get information saying the case is assigned, that could mean your name check is done. Check my signature for details.

Thank everybody in this forum, wish everybody luck, especially those old timers, I hope you will get your approvals very soon.

IBelieve said:
I got the Welcome emails around 7:30pm today, the LUD changed this afternoon. After I sent the RFE, I called NSC, I was told my case was assigned to an officer, they didn't say yes or no about the name check status. So I guess if you get information saying the case is assigned, that could mean your name check is done. Check my signature for details.

Thank everybody in this forum, wish everybody luck, especially those old timers, I hope you will get your approvals very soon.

I would not say that if it is assigned to an officer it means that Name check is done.

I have Infopass appointment today and Immigration officer was very nice.

She told me that my case is PRE- ADJ. Finger print results cam back ok, Name check is pending and the officer who is assigned to your case is waiting for Name check results.

PD SEP 2001
485 ND 09/2005

So do they really tell you if your name check is pending or not? when I called all they could say was what was showing online (that they received my RFE!). No mention to name check or anything even though I already did FP code 3.

drjsingh said:
I called the USCIS - name check still pending.

Jas

Name check pending

I am also in the same boat as most of guys.
Stuck in Name Check for almost eight months. Luckily my wife(dependent) name check got cleared.
CSR told me that they pre-adjudicated my case.

Do they treat dependent case seperatley and approve it or have to wait for main beneficiry?

FGSILVA,

It depends on whom you got connected to. Most of the lady CSR's very good.

If your Priority Date and Processing date's are current, they most propably will give you the detailed status on your case.

Thanks
DBU