Did anyone get an RFE while name check was still pending?

desi_boy_usa said:
I am also in the same boat as most of guys.
Stuck in Name Check for almost eight months. Luckily my wife(dependent) name check got cleared.
CSR told me that they pre-adjudicated my case.

Do they treat dependent case seperatley and approve it or have to wait for main beneficiry?

from which country r u?

India

antonioa77 said:
from which country r u?

India.
Visited Singapore and malaysia for few weeks so thay must be doing security checks in these countries as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Quick Question: When you get an RFE, who does it get sent to?

1. Attorney?
2. Applicant?
3. Both Attorney & Applicant?

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance.

I had an inforpass appointment. Very depressed. My name check is still pending (starting from 5/2004). I submitted my 485 RFE response on Oct. 17th. LUD changed until Oct. 21.

To desi_boy_usa's question: "Do they treat dependent case seperatley and approve it or have to wait for main beneficiry?"

My dependent also had name checked cleared two years ago. However, senator told me they have to wait for mine 485 approved to start his.

When we get RFE in I-485, does it mean that the NC is

cleared? If not, why do they touch the case? I've noticed in this Forum that some ppl get approval between 1-2 months after RFE RD.
I'm assuming that getting RFE is after NC clearance.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

can'twaitany said:
cleared? If not, why do they touch the case? I've noticed in this Forum that some ppl get approval between 1-2 months after RFE RD.
I'm assuming that getting RFE is after NC clearance.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
NO, NO, NO, NO! So many cases have proved that name check clearance has nothing to do with RFE. Check out my signature: My wife's name check has been pending since July, 2004. USCIS not only sent her RFE in Aug. 2005, but also transferred her case to local, and interviewed her like 11 months ago! The inteviewing officer was even ready to stamp her passport and then realized that her NC hadn't cleared yet... Guess they just want to finish as much work as possible while waiting for NC clearance.

Thanks for your input!

I'm just wondering about your wife NC?
I don't know where should I call in order to get NC status?
I called NSC but they said we don't have any info in regards to NC??

Hopefullly your wife can get her card soon.

Thanks again,
Can'twaitany

Thank you for your good wish!

I remember some people did get the NC info by calling the national customer service number, but I know it's difficult and most people couldn't get the status. My wife's case was transferred to local, so it's easy for her to make an InfoPass appointment and go ask the officer about the status. I don't know if they can provide info for cases at the regional service centers. Another way to do it, is by asking for help from your local congressal office, but you'd better have a good reason to do so, because you may want to "save" them for the future in case your NC drags on and you need to file a lawsuit.

For my case, I get to know my name check is pending since 5/2004 from both inforpass and from local senators.

Hi, guys, is there any update? My 485 LUD has been silence since the 10/21. I sent out the letters to Omsubsman and FBI director, trying to collect evidence for lawsuit. If I can not see any progress, I will suit them by the end of Dec.

A friend of mine, also from China, filed his 485 (NIW) in August 2004 and got a RFE a few months back asking for employment letter. He responded almost 2 months ago in Sept. and so far still no updates. His name check was stuck before the RFE was issued... For anyone whose name check has been delayed for more than 1 year, you'd better prepare to file a lawsuit eventually, because it will probably take a loooooog time for FBI and USCIS to resolve it by themselves.

My name check is pending for more than eight months, I am sure it's going to take more than few years before they get it cleared.

Is one year enough wait before filing a WOM?(or shoudl I wait atleast two years?).

I think it takes more than few years bacuse if your name did not go thru by computer process they have to manually look at it and process, which based on the pending cases, current and future volume will take few years.

any updates

Hi, guys:

Are there any updates? It has been more than two month for those who submitted RFE in Sept, any news?

I filed a WOM and got approved a month ago...

NIWwaiting said:
Hi, guys:

Are there any updates? It has been more than two month for those who submitted RFE in Sept, any news?