Did anyone get an RFE while name check was still pending?

Any News

I am also in the same boat.

EB2, 140 approved long long time ago.
I485 pending since Sept 2003 due to NC
AP and EAD: Many times
I485 REF: 08/06, Replied 09/06

Based on my observations on the forum, there are quite a few cases that recently received 485 REF while NC pending (in June 2006?). And some of them reported that they were approved within 60 days. So, I am hoping the best. Any news? Please share.

what is the RFE?

TH4GC and wuxdm

what are the RFE that you both got? I had filled my application in April and just got an email that RFE has been sent out for me and spouse. Worried about what the RFE is for. I hope it is not something difficult. I think my name is also stuck in NC. I personally think both the processing and name check are parallel process and not sequential.

My REF is simply the extension of my H1-B. My 485 case was not touched for three years even though I do not have a retro issue. My lawyer told me the REF is a good sign. I do not know if I will have to file a lawsuit.

I got LUD changed for 3 days after they received the responce of RFE and after that .............................wait.

Checking my e-mail after every one hour................I don't know how long I have to wait.
My attorney told me that after they received the RFE responce it will take 2 to 3 weeks. Hope he will be correct this time.............

Ajoo

RFE seems to have nothing to do with name check

My RFE (EVL) was recieved on 7/27, LUD 7/27, 7/29, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, then nothing happened.

EB2
PD 4/2003
I140 AD 2/2006
I485 RD 5/2006

Why don't you get a status of the name check so you will be sure whether you should wait? I called CIS a couple times and sometime you may get a nice officer who would tell you the status. I also did infopass. Anyway, maybe just my own feeling, waiting without any hope just drove me crazy.

Many of my friends who have stuck in name check have received RFEs recently. Maybe this is a trick USCIS uses to ease us so that fewer of us would go to court. I will see if anything happens within 2 months.

Hi, Guys:

Add me in. I got an e-mail saying both my and my husband's 485 RFEs were sent out. I know my NC has been pending since May 2004.

EB2 China
140/485 PD 5-2004
140 RFE #1 5-2005
140 RFE #2 2-2006
140 AD 4-2006
485 RFE 9-21-2006
name check pending since 5-2004

Called NSC and confirmed that NC is pending. So indeed RFE has nothing to do with NC clearance.

maxent,

How did you reach NSC to find out your name check pending by phone call? What I have been able to do is talking to some customer representatives who knew nothing at all, there were two times I actually got transferred and talked to real immigration officers and they didn't give any useful information at all either. I did asked one of the officers if he was from NSC, he told me the phone call was routed randomly, he was from Califorlia. So, you said you had conversation with NSC officer, it amazed me. Could you share how you did that please, thank you!

I followed following instructions posted by someone

1-800-375-5283

1-2-6-1

Lin#

1-3-4

this will take you to an NSC rep, the rep asked my Lin # and name, and EB type and priority date and then told me my case is pending on name check. The rep appears to nice. I cannot be sure whether that is the anwser for anybody with PD current or she is really pulling my info out of computer, but she did confirm the my name with the receipt #

I talked to the cust rep at NSC this morning. She seems to be very nice. She confirmed that my case is pending with security checks. She also told me that my case is pre-adjudicated.

So depressed. My 485 RFE was mailed out on 9/21/06. In 9/19/06, NSC also sent me the letter saying my name check was still pending. I was hoping they are clear my NC within 2 days. Now hope is broken again.

NIWwaiting said:
So depressed. My 485 RFE was mailed out on 9/21/06. In 9/19/06, NSC also sent me the letter saying my name check was still pending. I was hoping they are clear my NC within 2 days. Now hope is broken again.

My I-485 was originally filed at VSC in sep. 2005 and the file was transferred to NSC on July 13, 2006. USCIS email says that "On July 13, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case".

I got a transfer notice from vsc saying that preliminary processing has been completed on your petition and our office at Lincoln, NE will notify you about conducting/scheduling interview or any other action they take on your case.

Do you think my NC is over? See below my signature

madgu-gc2005 said:
My I-485 was originally filed at VSC in sep. 2005 and the file was transferred to NSC on July 13, 2006. USCIS email says that "On July 13, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LINCOLN, NE for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case".

I got a transfer notice from vsc saying that preliminary processing has been completed on your petition and our office at Lincoln, NE will notify you about conducting/scheduling interview or any other action they take on your case.

Do you think my NC is over? See below my signature

when exactly u got the email? do u remenber? did u get it on 13 july or after and how long after?

No Response

Responded to RFE on sept 26th, there was constant change in LUDs until Oct2nd. No good news so far.
Hey guys , I know there are 5-6 people here who responded lately to the RFE.
Please update on the response if any.

EB2 PD Oct 2002, I-140 approved Feb 2004,and I-485 pending since Feb 2004 -because of name check.

drjsingh said:
Responded to RFE on sept 26th, there was constant change in LUDs until Oct2nd. No good news so far.

Count me in.
My RFE received on Sept. 26, the LUD was OCt. 2 --exact the same thing as you mentioned. PD: 3/2003. Let's share the info. if any.

drjsingh said:

More LUD is now going on with my and my spouse's 485. Do not know what is going on.

RFE Recd 7/27
LUD 7/27, 7/29, 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 10/9, 10/10