Did any one recieve the card without PP stamping

krips99

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone or their friends receive the plastic card without the passport stamping? My approval notice says card will be mailed in 120 days.

same notice

I got same approval notice. no stamping info. it just says the card will be mailed to in 120 days.

Mahoning

I received the approval notice saying your card will be mailed within 120 days. No PP stamping information although I am going next week for PP stamping.

I've been reading some other posts and it seems that if you had done biometrics and the fingerprint for your EAD that you filed by e-file and they have the correct front facing photos they are using that to do the card and you don't need to go for passport stamping.
I am still waiting to get my approval letter. I DID NOT do the e-file and I have old photos that were submitted for the card ages ago. I guess I will see what it asks for me to do.

grunggy said:
I've been reading some other posts and it seems that if you had done biometrics and the fingerprint for your EAD that you filed by e-file and they have the correct front facing photos they are using that to do the card and you don't need to go for passport stamping.
I am still waiting to get my approval letter. I DID NOT do the e-file and I have old photos that were submitted for the card ages ago. I guess I will see what it asks for me to do.

Grunggy,

It has been 10 days now for your approval and you should have received your approval letter.

We went for e-file EAD but I do not think they will utilize those items. I asked them during my EAD FP that my FP2 is due and are they going give me another call for FP or this is enough and their reply was this FP or photos have nothing to do with I-485. So I do not know how far this is true.

Thanks

JS

For your physical Green Card you need 2 Front facing photos and they take your index fingerprint. They also were getting you to sign a I-89 form to use to get your green card made.
This is not the same where they do all fingers for your Green Card Application.
So from what I've been reading, people are postualting they must be using the EAD info because you give your index fingerprint and you must have the front facing photo for it (e-filed). Obviously they are using something submitted from before because people are getting the green cards sent to them without appearing for more photos, the I-89, or the index fingerprint.

Heres a link I found about they were thinking of doing away with passport stamping altogether but it seems the INS has recinded this.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_usccon.html

I received the card before my passport stamping. But mine was a Chicago office local transfer case and my pictures/signatures were taken during the interview.

Thanks,

Did any else recieve the card without stamping?

I have taken an infopass appointment for April 26th. I am not sure I should go for stamping or not. Please post it in the forum if any one recieved card without PP stamping and without ever giving a front-faced photograph.

Appreciate your responses.

krips99

I received the physical green card on 4/10 without passport stamping after 485 approval on 3/31.

I got a notice to do the biometrics on 3/20 and I attended 3/23. With full biometrics (Code 3) on file they were able to issue the physical card immediately. This appears to be the new process. (Note: I also had regular fingerprints taken a year ago).

Now the question is, what happens if BCIS don't have your biometrics? My guess is they will send you a letter asking for them. In the interim, you can make an infopass appointment, take your approval letter, and get your PP stamped. Others have done this.

My guess is that the local office could also send you for biometrics if you asked them about it during the PP stamping.

Hi krips99,

Did you got your stamping on April 26 or not ... Did any one received the card without Stamping .....

Passport Stamped

I got my passport stamped on 26th, April at Tampa. Let's see how long it takes to get the card.

I went one hour earlier than the appointment time. They let me in immediately and my number was called right away. They lady at the counter took about 25 minutes to complete the formality and she told me that the card will be mailed within 2-3 months.

Any updates from the folks who got the message that the card will be mailed with in 120 days?

Hi Krips99,

So did you have to give them new photos? My notice also say card will be mailed in 120 days. My photos was to the side. What paperwork did they actually require, just the notice and EAD or anything more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Friend,
My approval notice say same thing " Card will be mailed to you within 120 days", I called the CS representative and they asked me when did I give them my photograph last time so I answer it was about 8 months back when I applied for my 3rd EAD and they said probably they are going to use the same photograph for the plastic card , they advised me not to do the PP stamping as it is not required, I am not planning my travel . So can anyone tell me if anybody received plastic card without PP stamping then I will probably pass the stamping unless I plan to travel abroad.
Thank You.

update

I am in the same boat. even my approval says that I should receive the card in 120 days. I am in dilama too.

I received the same note, my lawyer told me that is the new procedure. I did my fingerprint (biometric) last dec 2004, and it looks like they have all they need. He said i will receive the gc soon, but if i need to travel outside USA, he recomends to look for an appointment and get the stamp in your passport. That stamp is good for one year. That is what my lawyer told me about it.

Thanks

rbulus

My letter said they would send me my card in 120 days.

BUT I had not had the biometrics done when I got my last EAD. That is signature, index fingerprint and photos. Because of this my lawyer said to go get the stamp because they will have to fill in the I-89 form, which includes the index print your signature and to bring 2 passport photos. SO today thats what I did. I had my infopass appointment. Without it they won't even let you in the door. My spouse and me went in on the same appointment even though I had made 2 appointments.
The agent asked for approval letter, passport, AP, EAD and photos. She took our fingerprint, we signed the form, and she stamped our passports. All in all it took 10 minutes. WHoooo Hooooooo. Now just wait for the card

Since I did my PS in a local INS office, they asked my to returned every piece of orignial documentation INS issued, H1 approval, EAD card, Practical training card and AP. I knew a friend wasn't able to get his PS due to he missed one AP. I dont know why you are still have those original in hand after you get your GC? Just curieous, no offend.

micahel1008 said:
Since I did my PS in a local INS office, they asked my to returned every piece of orignial documentation INS issued, H1 approval, EAD card, Practical training card and AP. I knew a friend wasn't able to get his PS due to he missed one AP. I dont know why you are still have those original in hand after you get your GC? Just curieous, no offend.

AHHHH.... I did return everything. Read my post again.
They wanted the AP, EAD, and approval letter. My H-1B had expired 1.5 years ago. SO I did not bring I-94, or anything at all to do with my H-1B. They never asked for it either. I have been in Adjustment of status ever since until now. :)

Last edited by a moderator: