Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

does anyone know when is the next Oath date for Detroit? is it about once every 2 months?

I was told by the immigration office that it is every monday and Thursday. I attended mine today, and asked the officers again today, and they said the same.

Need Help: Over a month after finger printing and no response

Dear Friends:

I have seen people in Detroit are getting IL after 2-3 weeks of FP. I got my FP done on 1/20/10, but didn't get any email or IL. WHAT SHOULD I DO? MY PD is 12/16/09.

Should I call FBI. INfopass does not allow me to book an appointment. I'm getting nervous.

What do you suggest?

HI Damnit!!.
My FP was done on Jan-20 also and I haven't received anything yet. My DO is detroit.
my PD is Dec-21-2009.

Please let me when you do receive your IL. I will do same.

DO: Detroit, MI
GC Date: Mar 2005
12/28/2009: N-400 mailed
Don't recall date: Intermediate steps
Don't recall date: FP appointment letter rcvd
02/10/2009: Yellow Letter rcvd for Driver license/State ID
02/17/2010: FP date - FP done
02/25/2010: Email rcvd - Case transferred to DO

WAITING FOR THE FOLLOWING...
??/??/2010: IL rcvd
??/??/2010: ID -> Approved
??/??/2010: OL rcvd
??/??/2010: Oath - US Citizen !!

Dear Friends:

I have seen people in Detroit are getting IL after 2-3 weeks of FP. I got my FP done on 1/20/10, but didn't get any email or IL. WHAT SHOULD I DO? MY PD is 12/16/09.

Should I call FBI. INfopass does not allow me to book an appointment. I'm getting nervous.

What do you suggest?
Actually if you look at the timelines on the last page you will see that the time between the fingerprint date and interview letter range from 2 wks - 2 months. This district office is slow in comparison to others. I applied way before others who applied in the same month and they already got their letters. You can call the FBI, but that only confirms whether your fb was approved/process. I'd wait a bit more... You can call USCIS to see what your current status is, but they will only tell you what you can already see on the website. Others have gotten more info by asking to be transferred to an interview officer, but there's no guarantee they will transfer you.

How could oath be taken ASAP after Interview

I got IL and it's scheduled for 3/30/10. I want to take Oath ASAP as I have job emergency. Is theer anyway Oath could be taken ASAP once you pass the interview.

I guess I would apply for 1 day PP and expedited OCI. Is there aything else needed to complete the process.

date to send N400

I have GC since June 8, 2005. Can I mail N400 on March 11, 2010 (does it meet 180 days)?

Did you mean 90 days? if so, looks like you are officially good on 3/9/2010. I would give it a full week just to be on the safe side so instead of mailing it on the 11th, I would mail it on the 15th (Monday). I read it all over the different forums here, and it made sense, and it also worked for me.
Good luck,

G.

Case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. See signature for timeline...

Does anyone know next oath date for Grand Rapids, MI?

How often do they do oath ceremony in Grand Rapids?

at detroit office do you get oath letter same day as interview?
Any possibility of taking oath same day? I live 4 hours from detriot and just wondering if this would work.

Self and Spouse

applied in Detroit

Work Sponsored Green Card 1/31/2005

12/ 7/2009 Mailed to PHX
12/9/2009 Checks cashed
12/10/2009 PD
01/11/2010 FP notice received for 01/27/2010
01/20/2010 Yellow letter received to bring Driver License to interview
01/27/2010 FP done
02/09/2010 Interview Letter received
03/17/2010 Interview Date
02/13/2010 Email Notice case transefered to local office
03/17/2010 Passed Interview
03/26/2010 Oath Date

I have had 6 traffic tickets over the last 11 years but I answered "No" to Q16. I did not know if traffic tickets counted. I mentioned it during the interview and the officer changed my answer to "yes" and asked to see any records that I had. I provided DMV records and certified disposition letters for the last 10 years. Anything beyond that was not on record at the courts or the DMV. He attached them to my applicatoion.

My wife provided similar records although she only had one traffic ticket. I also had tax transcripts for the last 5 tax years just in case. The officer did not ask for them. We both had interviews with the same officer right after each other. Both went smoothly, we both passed and were provided notices for the next Oath date (March 26) about 30 mins after the interview.
Best of luck to all those still going through the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
N400 Finger prints

I submitted my application on Feb 18/2010

I received the Notice but not my Finger print notice yet

is it normal to take more than one month for FP notice?
the status online still says Initial review..

Thanks

I submitted my application on Feb 18/2010

I received the Notice but not my Finger print notice yet

is it normal to take more than one month for FP notice?
the status online still says Initial review..

Thanks
I sent mine on Feb. 17... in the same boat... read on another thread that Phoenix is having huge backlog so all applications are delayed. Can't do much... just hold tight and hope it happens soon.