Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Received Oath Letter

Received oath letter over the week end. Date on the letter was 12/09/2009 and Oath Date is on 12/21/2009.

My interview was scheduled for Dec 23rd but I just got a call today to tell me that it is cancelled. Something about additional vacation was granted to IM's. I'm supposed to receive a new interview date letter in the mail.

USC Finally..............

We (me and my wife) completed the Oath Today and we are now US Citizens.
Wishing a Good luck and God bless to all of you still waiting.

Updated my case. See my sig. Interview by the end of jan 2010. Butterflies having a fields day in my stomach. Am I really that nervous?

12/22/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix via Priority Mail
12/23/09 : N-400 Received
12/30/09 : Priority date
01/04/10 : Check Cashed
01/04/10 : Notice of Action Received
01/02/10 : LUD

Finally US Citizen.

Congratulations dhi & newB! Its a happy holiday season after all :)
Thanks Indie.
Completed Oath on 21st December. Finally the end of one journey and beginnning of another. My best wishes and good luck to all who are still in this lag of their journey. Happy New Year to all.
Peace.

01/04/10 (day 0) N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AR via 1st class mail
01/06/10 (day 2) Received Date (per NOA)
01/08/10 (day 4) Notice Date (per NOA)
01/08/10 (day 4) Priority Date (per NOA)
01/11/10 (day 7) Check Cashed
01/11/10 (day 7) NOA Postmarked
01/16/10 (day 12) Notice of Action Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk in finger prints.

Did anybody go for walk in finger prints recently in Detroit? If so, can you please explain the procedure. What would be best time of the day for walk in finger printing.

Thanks.

Interview went smooth and had no problems. thats all I can say. Got my oath letter right there is scheduled on Feb. 4, 2010....yeah baby..it is kooooool. For everyone out there just don't panic and take it easy. This process is much smoother than you imagine only if you donot have corks in your way to the citizenship.

Congrats ssky. I am supposed to be there tomorrow for my interview at 10:45AM. I hope to get my oath letter at the end of my interview as well.

All the best,

G.

All,

I had the interview yesterday, really nothing out of the ordinary and everything every body posted happened: the information verification, the questions (I had 5), write a sentence, read a sentence, the signatures on the info for the Naturalizatiion certificate, signature on application, and then at the end the form letting me know that I passed. I was immediately offered an oath day (see my signature), and after confirming I was asked to wait 5 minutes for the official letter to be handed to me. I got that, thanked them, and was on my way back to work. The whole thing did not last more than 25 minutes, and they were very polite, and we even threw jokes a couple of time. Nothing wild; cordial, polite jokes.
One thing to mention though, if anyone regrets the fact that he/she did not ask to change their names on the application, the interview would be the LAST chance to do it. Once you signed the info sheet, you are going to have to do it outside of the process.

A question to all that have gone through the oath process: the sheet asks me to bring a passport? (read: Reentry Permit, Refugee Travel Document or Passport) - Since I am not a refugee, i assume I do not need to bring my passport, right? or should I take it regardless? Any help would be much appreciated. (other than that, all I have is my GC).

Thanks all,

G.

01/04/10 (day 0) N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AR via 1st class mail
01/06/10 (day 2) Received Date (per NOA)
01/06/10 (day 2) Priority Date (moved up, per FP notice)
01/08/10 (day 4) Notice Date (per NOA)
01/08/10 (day 4) Priority Date (per NOA)
01/11/10 (day 7) Check Cashed
01/11/10 (day 7) NOA Postmarked
01/16/10 (day 12) Notice of Action Received
02/04/10 (day 31) FP Notice Postmarked
02/08/10 (day 35) Fingerprint Notice Recieved
02/24/10 (day 55) FP Appointment

N-400 timeline Detroit-MI

Self and Spouse

Work Sponsored Green Card 1/31/2005

Mailed to PHX_______________12/4/2009
Checks cashed______________ 12/9/2009
PD _______________________ 12/10/2009
FP notice received__________ 01/11/2010
Yellow letter________________ 01/20/2010
FP done ___________________ 01/27/2010
Interview Letter received_____ 02/09/2010
Interview Date _____________ 03/17/2010
Email Notice case
transefered to local office____02/13/2010

I was surprised to see the interview letter this soon after FP. the yellow letter said to bring driver license to the interview. We did not get any email and no online status change! I have had a few traffic tickets over the last 20 years but did not answer yes to Q16. I will mention it during the interview. I already got the certified disposition letters for the last 10 years. Anything beyond that was not on record at the courts or the DMV. I plan on getting a DMV record as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
District Office: Detroit, MI
1/4/10 (day 0) N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AR 1st class
1/6/10 (day 2) Received Date (per NOA)
1/6/10 (day 2) Priority Date (originally 1/8/10)
1/8/10 (day 4) Notice Date (per NOA)
1/11/10 (day 7) Check Cashed & NOA Postmarked
1/16/10 (day 12) Notice of Action Received
2/4/10 (day 31) FP Notice Postmarked
2/8/10 (day 35) Fingerprint Notice Received
2/11/10 (day 37) FP Walk-in (scheduled 2/24/10)

All,

can anybody that has actually gone through the oath process let me know if I need to take my current passport with me to the ceremony, even if I am not a refugee? I have no immigration documents but my GC. I am going there this Thursday and want to make sure I am ready. As soon as I am done with that, I am going to a post office, and submit my application for a PP.

Thanks all,

G.

Oh, and one lst thing: My son (a minor) will be a derivative after my oath. Can / should I take his GC with me to turn it in during the oath as he will not need it anymore? has anybody done it?

All,

Finally, my immigration journey has come to an end, and today, 150 days after the naturalization process started, and many more moons since I came to the USA, I became a US Citizen.
I would like to thank all of you that answered questions, clarified, and all the conversations to which I was a silent witness, but learned a lot.
The passport process begane today, and since I will not be traveling for 7 more weeks, I submited it in the regular process. last estimates I received is that it takes 2-4 weeks. Once I have mine, I will get one for my minor boy, and that should be it.
I have not registered to vote with the secretary of state yet, and I have not changed my status with SSA either. Once I have the certificate back, I will take care of both of them at the same time.
Good luck to all of you that are still in the process :)

best,

G.