Detroit INS Transfer cases

sweetlady

All,

Lets start a new thread for transfer cases to Detroit INS office. Please post your RD/ND/Trasfer date/LIN info.

Thanks,

GCMaster

My spouses info:
RD: 6/13/01
ND: 7/30/01
Transfer date: 7/26/02
LIN:01-230

GCMaster

RD: 6/08/01
ND: 7/28/01
Transfer date: 7/26/02
LIN:01-227

You are right GCMaster. The six-month cutoff has brought all of us together. "can can" is in the same boat now.

Good Luck to all.

Hillbilly

whats six-month cut-off

could you please explain what do you guys mean by six-months cut-off...

thanks

GCMaster

I called the Detroit INS today at (313) 259 8564. The lady was very friendly and asked for my wife's A#. After checking, she said that the case papers have not reached Detroit yet and they don't have the case in their system. She also told that all the dates for July-Aug are booked and they are issuing Sept dates.

One of my friends case was referred to Detroit and he told me that it takes approx a month for all papers to reach Detroit. One month backlog for interviews, so we are looking at Oct timeframe.

You were right in your initial post. Thanks and if you have any new info, pls. post.

Hillbilly

Farooq,

There is a theory floating around that if the difference between your wedding date and I-485 filing date is less than six months then there is potenial for dependent spouse's case getting transferred to local INS...doesn't make sense..but this thoery seems to work in several cases, including mine.

Hillbilly,

Thanks for the update. Have you received any transfer notice from INS. We haven't so far...

GCMaster

Transfer to indianapolis instead of detroit :-(

On July 31st, the case got transferred to Indiana by mistake. Does anyone know how much additional time will it take to get it back to detroit?
Thanks.:mad:

GCMaster

We received the transfer notice last Friday, 8/2/02. Called Detroit office again. The lady said that it will take 3 weeks, after it was transferd from NSC, to come to Detroit office. Well...

Hillbilly

Hillbilly,

Thanks for the updates..We also received the transfer notice on the same day 8/2/02. If the interview takes about 3 to 4 months I guess they need to redo the FP.

Keep positing if you have any thing new.

GCMaster

EAD

GCMaster,

My wife needs EAD to start an internship. When I was filling the form yesterday night, I found that if a case has been transferred to a local INS office, we need to apply it over there.

Any info about this one? I know that Detroit office can process EAD, so will they give it right away? Thanks and regards,

Hillbilly

Received interview noticed..

I just wanted to update you guys that I have received interview letter today from Detroit INS.

Interview date is 1 October.
They are not giving any specific reason and asking regular thinks such as tax files, w2 forms, employment letter, passport, I-94, evidence of living together, birth certificate, photograph etc..

According to my attorney, this is regular procedure. There is nothing to worry about. Do you guys have any opinions?

Second question is, do they stamp the passport right after the interview or do I have to wait another 2-3 months to get approval?

can can

When was your spouse's case transferred to Detroit? My wife's case was transferred on July 26th (same day as GCMaster's wife) and we haven't received any notice yet. Thanks and regards,

Hillbilly

Hillbilly,

Are there any specifics reason for transferring the case to local INS centers or is the usual myth of marriage issues like getting married 6 months before I-485 filing.

Thanks

Hillbily

My case has been transfered to Detroit on July 11 th.
Received transfer notice on July 26th.
Now I have received interview letter on August 14th.

Interview date is October 1th.

rajju

Two theories exist:

1) getting married within 6 months before filing I-485

2) getting married after I-140

Take your pick. :rolleyes:

Hillbilly,

We haven't received any interview notice so far. What is happening with your wifes case? My wifes EAd renewal application has also been transferred to local INS office. Note that we had applied for EAD renewal prior to my wifes I-485 case trasfer to local office. I spoke to Detroit INS rep and he said neither of the cases(485 nor 765) have made their way to the local office yet.

So we are still waiting...looking at Can Can's posting ours should be coming soon..post any updates you have.

Regarding your wifes case: From what I read on this board Detorit INS doesn't issue EAD's or EAD renewals immediately. You have to wait 90 days from the RD of EAd application. However, I would reccomend calling them and checking.

Thanks,
GCMaster

Add me to the list

Hi Folks,

Add me to the list of unfortunate slobs whose cases get transferred.. :(

My wife's details
RD 5/4/2001
FP 3/8/2002
My approval 6/7/2002
Wifes case transferred to Detroit 6/13/2002

Wife's EAD ext. RD 6/7/2002
Wife's EAD Xfer 7/13/2002

We got married in Dec 2001 and filed in May 2002, less than 6 months. So I guess her case was flagged.

Went to INS detroit today. Both the applications (485, 765) have been recieved by INS Detroit, but are still in the mail room.

Have not heard anything about interviews yet.

:(

Here comes another unfortunate sole
Both myself and my wife's case got transfered.
I guess its the 6 month marriage cut off date. We were married in March 2001 and filed I-485 in July 2001. I was kind of expecting my wife's transfer though mine would get approved, but didnt happen as expected.

Any ways do we have any updates on Interview dates. AVM says
my case got transfered on 08/19/02. Going over this board,It would take atleast 2 to 3 weeks for the documents to reach Detroit INS and by the time the docs reach + the interview backlog would push my interview date to Approx end of Nov or 1st week of Dec. Any comments???

PD 02/03/00
RD 07/13/01
ND 08/23/01
FP 12/16/01

Any idea how long FP's are valid?
:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: