Detorit Local Office

jvelan

Registered Users (C)
We got the Interview letter from detroit Local office for next month.Do we get stamping on the same day? Did Anyone have any Experiance with an officer DUPUIS at Detroit Local office? please post the interview Experiance.thx

jvelan: Can you pls. provide more detail.

jvelan:

Can you pls. provide more detail about your case e.g.

- what is the notice date on your I-485?
- when was it transferred to the Detroit office?
- which service center did you originally file your I-485 at?
- how long did you have to wait for your interview call after the transfer?
- does the interview call specify who your interviewer would be?

I am in the same situation as yourself. I filed my 485 with VERMONT SERVICE CENTER (Notice Date: 02/13/2003). I received an email from USCIS today i.e. 12/09/2004 that my case has been transferred to the Detroit local office.

If you can help me out with the above questions, that would be a great help.

Thanks in advance..

- P

transfered my case to local INS which Detroit..

After REF received USCIS transfered my case to local INS which Detroit..

Rfe: Dec 06 th 2004
RFE: EVL, BC
Rfe received by INS by dec 16 2004
mine and my wife's 485 Case transfered on Dec 21 2004 to Detroit INS.which is local for me..

WHen can i execpt my interview from Detroit INS... ?????

Thanks in Advance...

Processing Time

It should take anywhere from 1 to 5 months to schedule an interview. Some people have gotten their interviews scheduled in a month.... but according to my lawyer (local in Detroit) its taking the detroit office upto 5 months to schedule interviews.

BTW what was the RFE for?
What is your country of origin?
What is your 485 reciept date?

These things might have something to do with your case transfer.

TC.

I have submitted my BC affidavit from parents and uncle.
latest date EVL. which was dec 15 2004..
( Problem with BC was, my name was misspelled in the BC.. in India they have added one extra letter to my name ( Rajshekhar is actually name but in BC it say Rajashekhar )

I know the reason for transfer of our case. I got married after filling the GC 1 year ago. 6 months back i have added my spouse to my case as " follow up join"" she has completed her FP in july 2004 and got her EAD( sep 2004) approved.

I'm waiting for the letter from Detroit INS. I hope i might get soon in next 10 to 15 days... ;)

Let me know guys wht documents i require.. for our interview
till now we did not filed our taxes together.
only thing i have is Joint bank account , utility bills and leasing documents

Thanks in Advance

some questions

Gurus,

My case was Transferred to Local office last month and I got a letter saying that I will have to come for an Interview on Jan 19. in the letter they have asked to bring in my passport, I 94s and letter of employment.
nothing else and for my spouse and daughter they have asked for passport and I 94, nothing more.
so 1) what do other things that I take with me?.
2) is there any chance of getting the approval, stamping the same day?.
3) but they have not asked for any Photos?.

and the most Important question my passport expires on Jul 2005.
so what I must do?. get the passport renewal before I go for Interview?.
I read some where that they won’t stamp in the passport if it is not valid fro more than 6 months .is it true?.
I have to go to Chicago for renewal. Which is wise: to send it in mail or go in person. I have less than 20 day working days in between. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

What is the date you case was transfered to detroit and what date did you receive your interview notice.

Any info would ne appriceiated

scheruku

I got email from USCIS saying that mine and wife is transfered to local INs which detroit.

also said that i'll receive letter from USCIS transfer of case to detroit INS..
I guess next i should receive letter frm NSC... I have to 1 to 20 months for detroit INS to send letter for interview,,,

Blessu _CAn you give dates of your case

blessu said:
Gurus,

My case was Transferred to Local office last month and I got a letter saying that I will have to come for an Interview on Jan 19. in the letter they have asked to bring in my passport, I 94s and letter of employment.
nothing else and for my spouse and daughter they have asked for passport and I 94, nothing more.
so 1) what do other things that I take with me?.
2) is there any chance of getting the approval, stamping the same day?.
3) but they have not asked for any Photos?.

and the most Important question my passport expires on Jul 2005.
so what I must do?. get the passport renewal before I go for Interview?.
I read some where that they won’t stamp in the passport if it is not valid fro more than 6 months .is it true?.
I have to go to Chicago for renewal. Which is wise: to send it in mail or go in person. I have less than 20 day working days in between. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Blessu _CAn you give dates of your case, like when you got letter from INS that your case is transferred and whne you got interview letter. In how many days you have to appear for the interview after gettting a letter for interview from local INS

Sorry

Sorry,

I posted my question in the wrong thread. My case is in StLouis. not detroit. anyway my dates are PD Sep 2001, I485 RD Oct 2002, TD Nov 2004, got Interview letter on Dec 2004 and ID is on Jan 19 2005.

Jvelan,

jvelan said:
We got the Interview letter from detroit Local office for next month.Do we get stamping on the same day? Did Anyone have any Experiance with an officer DUPUIS at Detroit Local office? please post the interview Experiance.thx

Jvelan, when your case was transferred to Detroit

jvelan said:

Can you tell us when your case was transferred to Detorit, and how long did it take to get interview letter?

Jvelen, ?Is your I-140 approved

jvelan said:
Transfer Date - Nov 9 2004
Letter Received - Dec 3 2004
Interview - Jan End 2005

?Is your I-140 approved, as mine is not and I got my case transferred. Also letter you mentioned is from Local Detroit INS? or transfer letter from USCIS. Please advise.

Hello GCinterview

did your case has been transfered to Detroit INS. If so can you post your details like when u it transfered. when u got the interview letter from detroit INS...

my case is also transfer to Detroit on Dec 21.2004.

Thanks

Hi GCinterview

If you dont mind can you tell me..
When you received ur interview letter from Detroit INS.

Well for me i received a letter ( dec 27 2004) from NSC saying the mine and wife case has been transfered on( dec 21 2994) to Local Detroit INS that it..
till now i have not recevied any letter from Detroit INS. when do u think i might get interview letter from Detroit INS.

Thanks in advances

rklomi and GCInterview

Let's be in touch about this.

I got transferred to Local Detroit on Dec 2nd. didnt get interview letter yet. I went to Local INS with infopass appointmnet and I was told that... Usually it takes 1-2 months to get interview letter and they give 2-3 weeks for the interview.

Hopefully Rklomi should get interview letter sometime late Jan or early feb and interview approximately at the end of Feb or early march.

Both You guys RKLMI and GC Interview , are you I-140 is approved as mine is not and still I got transferred.