Detorit Local Office

Lettern from DET INS

I got letter from Detroit Ins on Jan 5 2005, about 4 weeks before the interview.

For my case I got letter from detroit INS after ~6 weeks after trasnfer from service centre. if theey follow simmilar pattern then Damnit is right abaout RKOLMI dates.

JVELAN, could please tell your interview date..I think my interview is with the same officers..

Thanks

my case also got transferred to Detroit recently on 12/30/04. I-140 already approved. Now the final wait starts!!

Hey Guys, Let's share our expereinces, I will do the same

Hey Guys, Let's share our expereinces, I will do the same. No matter what I will share my interview expereince for the benefit of everyone on this forum. I would like to propose let;s share our expereiunces here for the benefit of Detroiters.

Also GCInterview: What documents you are required to take with you. Are you taking only the documents asked in interview letter, or are you taking everything possible. Please advise.

Hello GCinterview, Jvelan

GC interview whts ur case type.. i mean EB3 or EB2??
Jvelan EB3 or EB2 ??

Thanks

Rklomi, Wht is yours EB2 or EB3 also is your I-140 is approved

Rklomi, Wht is yours EB2 or EB3 also is your I-140 is approved. Mine is EB2 but my I-140 is not approved? What do you think why it was transferred mine was concurrent filing though. Any suggestions guys. Let's keep this forum alive. Thanks all

Hello GCinterview,Damnit,jvelan,bhoonbhu

Hello All,

Whats your PD 's????

I think now PD matters for EB3 cases( even we filed our case in May 2003) not for EB2 cases... In california sanjose after interview people are not getting approval letter becoz of PD ... who PD is not current jan 1 2002.

If ours PD is Feb 2002 to Dec 2004 then we wont get approval letter even after interview at Detroit INS ....

Jvelan: Please after interview post ur experiences at detroit. By the ways whts ur Case type EB2 or EB3 ???

GCinterview : Please after interview post ur experiences at detroit.

Thanks advances

HEllo Jvelan, How was interview at Detroit INS

Please after interview post ur experiences at detroit. By the ways whts ur Case type EB2 or EB3 ???

Thanks in Advance...

Pukhtoon101, did you get interview letter, did you inquire

pukhtoon101 said:
jvelan:

Can you pls. provide more detail about your case e.g.

- what is the notice date on your I-485?
- when was it transferred to the Detroit office?
- which service center did you originally file your I-485 at?
- how long did you have to wait for your interview call after the transfer?
- does the interview call specify who your interviewer would be?

I am in the same situation as yourself. I filed my 485 with VERMONT SERVICE CENTER (Notice Date: 02/13/2003). I received an email from USCIS today i.e. 12/09/2004 that my case has been transferred to the Detroit local office.

If you can help me out with the above questions, that would be a great help.

Thanks in advance..

- P
Pukhtoon101, did you get interview letter, did you inquire

Jvelan, How was your interview, please post your exp

jvelan said:
We got the Interview letter from detroit Local office for next month.Do we get stamping on the same day? Did Anyone have any Experiance with an officer DUPUIS at Detroit Local office? please post the interview Experiance.thx

Jvelan, How was your interview, please post your exp. When your case was transfered and when did you receive interview letter? Please suggest.

Jvelan, GCinterview please post ur interview experience at Detroit INS

jvelan, GCinterview...
How was your interview, please post your exp. When your case was transfered and when did you receive interview letter? Please suggest.

Interview Exp. @ Detroit

I had interview today, It was as expected..

My case was transfered 1st Week of DEC 04 (Only Attorney recieved the letter).
Interview letter recieved from Detroit INS 1st week Jan 05
Interview Scheduled 1st Week of Feb 05 (Today)

My case is very complicated one..lot of things working against me, here few to mention
1. Brush with law, was arrested last year ( misdemeanor domestic violence, 93 day and/ $500 fine)
2. I am still on informal probation with the same case
3. Salary issue, I was getting more than 10% less than what is specified LC ( I had to take pay cut due to the state of economy couple of years back)

I did lot study and consulted couple of attornies, before going to interview and offcourse I took one along, even though it cost some money. I came across this forum quite late.. :(

Interview was very short 15-20 minutes (I was called about 20 min later than scheduled time)..most of the part is was usaul except for the above mentioned.

As expected officer did not decide the case for above mentioned issues, INS can not decide till I complete the probhation as I may violate the same.

Regarding the 3, officer asked why is salary difference and my attorney pointed out my empoloyer need not pay specified salary till I get I get a greencard but officer wanted see some proof to show that emp. will pay.

So officer mentioned that she will issue the RFE to produce the documents to address the issues 2,3. Eventhough officer did not decide the case, officer was very nice, did not grill me very much.

My attorney had already mentioned as what is going to happen, I was not surprised with INS actions.

I strongly suggest to take attorney for the interview, if the case is not strait forward and $$ is not the issue.

I know this post may raise lot of questions and critics. For all the critics, let me say in advance that it is very difficult to wlak in somebody else shoes.

GCInterview, I'm with you

you are right, no one can understand but you, about the circumstances and helplessness at many situations in life. But things will turn out in your favor one day. Have faith and maintain positive attitude and it works.

Also by the way, did she ask for the paystub if she did, how many paystub? WAs it mentioned in your letter to bring paystub? Please advise

My case was also transfered on Dec 1st

But I didnlt get interview letter? does anyone know how they schedule interview.

I believe it's a first come first serve queue where it takes about 6 months from the TD to the actual interview. ND/RD is disregarded.
I haven't gotten an interview letter either.

npnjan02, When your case was transfered

npnjan02 said:
I believe it's a first come first serve queue where it takes about 6 months from the TD to the actual interview. ND/RD is disregarded.
I haven't gotten an interview letter either.

npnjan02, When your case was transfered

Dec 6, 2004. I only got the transfer notice, the attorney didn't. According to him, I should be looking at an interview around May 2005. In the beginning of Jan, I went to the local office and made sure the case has been transferred for sure. They confirmed so, and nothing more.

npnjan02 said:
Dec 6, 2004. I only got the transfer notice, the attorney didn't. According to him, I should be looking at an interview around May 2005. In the beginning of Jan, I went to the local office and made sure the case has been transferred for sure. They confirmed so, and nothing more.

I got transfered in Dec 2. My Lawyer doesn't know when I would be called for the interview, he says anywhere between 1-5 months but I called Detroit INS and they said I should be scheduled for March. I'am not able to find when I'm going to get Interview letter and hence interview date.