Desi Integration .....bery bery phunny !

hey bawa

Mane lagyoo ke Bawaji ne "kagda khaoo kehway to pacchi soon thay che khabar nay"

I think it is kagda khaoo and not kekda, but still you may be right.

I am "Amchi Mumbai" from "Opera House"

Thanks

Luta

Cyrus Bawa,

How come Parsi be a Kekda or Crab? Crab is a slang used for people who don't let their own people to progress. For e.g. you keep 10 crabs in a bucket then you don't need to put a lid on it. If any smart crab want to come out others will "help" him to stay in by pulling his legs.

Looking at the business success Parsi's got in the world i don't think they can claim "kekda".

I think Ghati's own it by all means. And no offence ...I myself a ghati.

Have fun.

Karma_Yoga
Smile is a curve which keeps everything straigt.

Wonderful Zapaddam - keep it up.

:D :D :D

minammmmmm,

Desi means country lad - but refered in US as someone from India.

I agree with Karma Yoga

I know many parsees. not one ever pulled another parsee and they did not pull down ghats or gujjus . They always helped fellow parsees and whenever possible ghats and gujjus. (why parsees are indifferent to the rest of india? any bawa will like to enlighten us?)

Ghats however have a monopoly over the Kekda or Khekda designation. (i hope ghats dont take offence. i am also a ghat fan like zappaddam except that they elect shivsena :) the question " is shivsena better or worse than mayawati mulayam lallu jaya CPM shahabuddin devegauda advani venkaiyya kesri modi sonia quatrochi?" i wont like to debate :)) )

check any US univ for ghat students for proof. there is never a ghat group.

olman

Bhai saheb

How can sirJee, forget the land of amithab! Bhai Saab (like the car) lucknow isstation se ek raathwa dhoorme bajpai Janab thayirthe ha na? (from lucknow railway station, it is an overnight journey to vajpai-PM's grounds!)
Good, I have heard some wild stories from you, but did not expect some light stuff from you.
Keep out of trouble.

you guys are right. parsees are also sometimes called kagda khaoo. i guess the use of 'kekda' for bawas is more of a pakistani thing, where i am from, btw.

interestingly, the sound represented by 'd' in kekda is in urdu considered to be a modified 'r' sound, so in pakistan, it would be 'kekra' or 'kagra khaoo'. i learned the use of 'd' from the roman transcription of indian movie titles.

so much for trivia!

marathi word for crab is also similar

We call it "Khekda"

I think the original word is from Sanskrit ( or Samskrit , whatever you want ) is Karkat'a.

Thanks

Luta