• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Deserve A Look .. Very Strange Case

Lokas

Registered Users (C)
HEY

I AM A DV2007 WINNER FROM JORDAN - MID EAST
I HAVE APPLIED IN THE LAST DAY OD DV DATE -- WAS DEC 5 2005
I EVEN HAD NO SELF PHOTO SO I USED MY PHONE CAM AND PHOTOSHOP
TO GET THE IMAGE
EVERYTHING WAS LIKE A GAME I PLAY
I HAVE NEVER THINK I MAY GOT THE CHANCE SO I WAS NOT SERIOUS
NOW ON MAY 2006 THE KCC SENT ME THE 1ST PACKAGE
I DIDNT GO TO PICK IT UNTILL NOVEMBER
FRANKLY I DONT CHECK MY PO BOX ALOT
ON OCTOBER I MOVED TO KSA JEDDAH TO WORK
AS I AM A SOFTWARE ENG I HAVE GOT A VERY HOT OFFER
I WENT THERE
IN NOVEMBER MY BROTHER CHECKED THE BOX
HE CALLED ME TELLING I HAVE SOMETHING FROM SWEDEN
WITH CONGRATULATIONS AND IMMIGRATION
THEN I MANAGED THE PAPERS IN 2 WEEKS AND SENT THEM BACK TO KCC
THEY sent back the 2nd package with an appointment of the date AUG 1st
in the interview
i had 3 missing things
police certificate from jordan my country
police certificate from saudi arabia
and administrative processing
police cert from jordan came out on aug 2nd once i was in ksa and it took me some time to get it after i get back
saudi cert was nt required because i keep come and go every 2 months
so they sent me email asking to come back to embassy on aug 8
i gave the jordanian police cert
they kept asking about fam members
names
date of birth and where they lived
they asked what countries i visited
i am 25 and all siblings are teen agers
my brother was the main point
he is 18 and has no records
the asked what and where he study ( he is pilot undergraduate )
then they moved me to the consul
she said it is normal procedure
but it may take a month
so she advised me contact the IV section after 2 weeks to motivate them hurry up
she gave me back my passport and a letter
telling they regret to issue me a visa coz my case still need
admin proc
in during the perparing
i have changed my sponsor ...
why is this happening to me?

do you have any idea?
i raised my hand .. oath .. finger prints and signed the application, i didnt lie at all??
what is administrative processing? why should my file be sent to washington?
is this the FBI clearance i hear in this site???

Last edited by a moderator:
dear Lokas
yes it is security check,and as i wrote to your other thread your case is same as mine, as you are from jorden as your country is also those teritorry which they list as special zone. they said to you that the process may take 1 month so be patient and also my case is as same as you there is nothing to do about it but pray and pray.
i m really afraid wheter the process is take so long more then 2 month and as we see till now we have 1 month and few days to over the 2007 process. i set for interview after 1 year waiting until my case has been current.
as i want to say also the officer was nice and tell me everytin is ok there is no problem and also send me to UPS service to pay them for cargo. but no respond from them till now.
she took ma signature at form as well as took fingure print, after all my passport is also taken and officer told me that everything is in order, and i was send to UPS cargo to pay for it. unfortunately 2 weeks after ma interview i have not recieved my passport and so with curious, i called last week to Emb and the reciever inform me that there was something written to somewhere (not saying the place country etc)and waiting for responding so as i guess my visa is pending for some check more correctly so called name check i guess. i am form bangladesh and my name is very common in our religion as islam as well as in our country.I have been in London several times so i think it is also an important point for pending visa. i have 1 month and some days to recieve visa or not the 2007 session will be over after september. they still holding my passport...

J&G and Lokas - check out the other thread where I posted my original message. I have posted some new info and questions for you two.

even all Russian citizens get a security check, so you are not the only one.

I know that but while being under the name check proc they have your passport, here in my case they havent taken mine, i know they wont feel sorry or sympathize with me giving some chances or motive while um rejected, but why this happens i have no idea ....

Lokas,

Everyone has to go through a name check. If they find names in their databases that match yours and they can't eliminate you at the consulate or embassy, they forward your file to Washington for futher "administrative processing". How long the administrative processing takes depends on how common your name is. The more common, the longer it takes. Sometimes the process is referred to as name check, background check, security clearance etc.

I have been waiting for my administrative processing to finish since January 2007. Whether they kept your passport or not doesn't really matter (they didn't keep mine either). Best thing to do is to keep in touch with your embassy/consulate and be hopeful. I've been told that the Department of State is aware of the deadline and will try to finalize all pending cases by September 30, 2007.

I know that but while being under the name check proc they have your passport, here in my case they havent taken mine, i know they wont feel sorry or sympathize with me giving some chances or motive while um rejected, but why this happens i have no idea ....

dear bahadur007
do they check the name in the embassy or they send the file to the state ....the officer told me to come after one month in 01 sept. and if there is no progress by the end of sept.:confused:

dear bahadur007
do they check the name in the embassy or they send the file to the state ....the officer told me to come after one month in 01 sept. and if there is no progress by the end of sept.:confused:

I believe they first check at the embassy and only if they can't clear you do they send your application to Washington. I'm afraid there is not much you can do besides waiting.

Did they return your passport too? What did they say to you after the interview and did they also issue you a letter?

At first the councilor told me to bring my passport along with the medical result (my medical exam result was not complete)…in the next visit to the embassy an immigration assistant told me to keep the passport and they might call me and ask for the passport to issue the visa……….. they did not give me any letter or any sort of document as referral ….i am quite sure that it dose not differ if they took the passport or not …if they took the passport they will give a green paper as referral ..Similarly if they took your mobile at the gate they will give you a red peace of paper as referral..

At first the councilor told me to bring my passport along with the medical result (my medical exam result was not complete)…in the next visit to the embassy an immigration assistant told me to keep the passport and they might call me and ask for the passport to issue the visa……….. they did not give me any letter or any sort of document as referral ….i am quite sure that it dose not differ if they took the passport or not …if they took the passport they will give a green paper as referral ..Similarly if they took your mobile at the gate they will give you a red peace of paper as referral..

There are 4 possible outcomes after the interview. Each outcome is different from a legal standpoint. The application can fall into any one of the following outcomes:

-Visa Approved (which means they take the passport with no strings attached and give you a sticker stub telling you when you come to pick up your passport).
-Held pending additional information from you (the consular requires additional info to approve your application. Therefore, the Consular Officer will inform you in writing what you need to conclude your case and you may return to the Embassy at a later time without an appointment to provide the additional info. Then, the Consular Officer will decide, based on the additional info, whether your application is approved, held pending administrative processing or refused).
-Held pending administrative processing (Your application may require additional administrative processing before the Consular Officer can decide whether to approve or refuse. The Officer will inform you, in writing, that your application is pending and will return your passport to you. The processing time lasts, on average, between between one (1) and six (6) weeks. The Consular Section will call you once the processing is completed and will inform you of the next steps. In most cases, applications are approved, and you will be asked to drop off your passport for visa issuance. In a minority of cases, applications are refused following administrative processing).
-Refused.

The middle two outcomes have conditions attached to them. The first one (approved) has no conditions and can only happen if they take your passport and they issue you a sticker stub (or depending on what region the embassy is in, sometimes they will mail you the passport) and tell you a specific DATE at the interview when you can pick up your passport (with the visa).