Deported Yesterday - Atlanta Poe

kisstupid

Registered Users (C)
first a little about me so you have some background information: I´m 23 years old, got my 10 year B1-B2 visa back in 2004. since then i travelled 3 times to NY to visit my boyfriend who is a permanent resident. Every time i entered the US they gave me 6 months and i satayed 5 months and a half, then i came back to my country and between 3 to 4 months i was back in the US.The third time i entered i faced a secondary inspection but they let me in and gave me 6 months again.

I spent 7 months at home and flew to Atlanta (cheaper tickets than to new york) and had a connecting flight to NY. I arrived at the airport at 6 am, took me from secondary inspection asked me the normal questions, told me to sit down, took me to a room where i was told i was being taped and listened so i had to tell the truth if not everything was going to be worse. there they said that their computers showed that i did some illegal work during my long stays, they tried to trick me into confessing that i worked, but as i NEVER worked i said no, they asked again not so politely and i said no again between tears. They said ok, took me back to the common room and said that my case would have to be revised by a supervisor. the officer came back some minutes later to tell me that i was being sent back to my country, he said that i was not facing any criminal charges because i told the truth, that i would not be banned from the us, that i would just be removed and my visa cancelled, that i could apply for another visa any time i wanted to do so. they let me do two phone calls and was sent again to the common room to wait.

During the waiting i asked the officer which was the best way to be with my boyfriend, i told him i knew that spouse´s visas are taking 5 years to process so the only way to get there was a B1-B2. He told me i should apply for he K-1 visa, to what i instantly replied that k-1´s were for american citizens not for permanent residents, he didn´t believe me so he called another officer and asked him if that was true, the officer said yes and he said to me "ohhh lady, you have been doing your homework!".

After that he took me a sworn statement, just rutine questions i supposed and around 1 o´clock a female officer took me to the back, made me put my hands over the wall and did the touching thing i don´t know the word in english. She took my bag, my jewelry my watch and my shoe laces and lock me in a cell. I was locked there until 8.15 pm, my plane was scheduled to leave at 8.40. an officer scorted me to the plane, gave my passport to the flight attendat. flew 10 hours back home, when i landed i got my passport back with my visa cancelled and some anotations in the front page of my passport.

As i´ve never seen my luggage since i checked it in in my country before flying to the US, i was sort of worried and i asked the officer more than one time about my luggage. He said it was going to be with me when i arrived home. At the airport my luggage wasn´t there, i was told they got a message that said it would be in the next flight, but who knows, i have to wait until tomorrow.

They treated my really bad until they decided to believe my story, which was the absolute truth.

my humble advice: fly through NY which seemed much more relaxed and used to tourists than Atlanta, in Atlanta they have interpreters and if you don´t speak english they wait for one that can assist you, in NY last time i entered i ended up translating for some guy who didn´t speak english because no interpreter showed up.

i´m sharing my story without any emotional connotations, but i´ve really been through hell and i think nobody should be treated that way.

my boyfriend called my embassy, some lawyers, he moved earth and sky to try to help me, but everybody told him there´s nothing nobody can do as i was entiteled neither to a hearing, nor to a lawyer.

i didn´t went to america to live the american dream, i went to live my own fairy tale, i harmed no one.

hope somebody find this helpful

first a little about me so you have some background information: I´m 23 years old, got my 10 year B1-B2 visa back in 2004. since then i travelled 3 times to NY to visit my boyfriend who is a permanent resident. Every time i entered the US they gave me 6 months and i satayed 5 months and a half, then i came back to my country and between 3 to 4 months i was back in the US.The third time i entered i faced a secondary inspection but they let me in and gave me 6 months again.

I spent 7 months at home and flew to Atlanta (cheaper tickets than to new york) and had a connecting flight to NY. I arrived at the airport at 6 am, took me from secondary inspection asked me the normal questions, told me to sit down, took me to a room where i was told i was being taped and listened so i had to tell the truth if not everything was going to be worse. there they said that their computers showed that i did some illegal work during my long stays, they tried to trick me into confessing that i worked, but as i NEVER worked i said no, they asked again not so politely and i said no again between tears. They said ok, took me back to the common room and said that my case would have to be revised by a supervisor. the officer came back some minutes later to tell me that i was being sent back to my country, he said that i was not facing any criminal charges because i told the truth, that i would not be banned from the us, that i would just be removed and my visa cancelled, that i could apply for another visa any time i wanted to do so. they let me do two phone calls and was sent again to the common room to wait.

During the waiting i asked the officer which was the best way to be with my boyfriend, i told him i knew that spouse´s visas are taking 5 years to process so the only way to get there was a B1-B2. He told me i should apply for he K-1 visa, to what i instantly replied that k-1´s were for american citizens not for permanent residents, he didn´t believe me so he called another officer and asked him if that was true, the officer said yes and he said to me "ohhh lady, you have been doing your homework!".

After that he took me a sworn statement, just rutine questions i supposed and around 1 o´clock a female officer took me to the back, made me put my hands over the wall and did the touching thing i don´t know the word in english. She took my bag, my jewelry my watch and my shoe laces and lock me in a cell. I was locked there until 8.15 pm, my plane was scheduled to leave at 8.40. an officer scorted me to the plane, gave my passport to the flight attendat. flew 10 hours back home, when i landed i got my passport back with my visa cancelled and some anotations in the front page of my passport.

As i´ve never seen my luggage since i checked it in in my country before flying to the US, i was sort of worried and i asked the officer more than one time about my luggage. He said it was going to be with me when i arrived home. At the airport my luggage wasn´t there, i was told they got a message that said it would be in the next flight, but who knows, i have to wait until tomorrow.

They treated my really bad until they decided to believe my story, which was the absolute truth.

my humble advice: fly through NY which seemed much more relaxed and used to tourists than Atlanta, in Atlanta they have interpreters and if you don´t speak english they wait for one that can assist you, in NY last time i entered i ended up translating for some guy who didn´t speak english because no interpreter showed up.

i´m sharing my story without any emotional connotations, but i´ve really been through hell and i think nobody should be treated that way.

my boyfriend called my embassy, some lawyers, he moved earth and sky to try to help me, but everybody told him there´s nothing nobody can do as i was entiteled neither to a hearing, nor to a lawyer.

i didn´t went to america to live the american dream, i went to live my own fairy tale, i harmed no one.

This really is a sad story. Its amazing how treacherous and sneaky officers can be. It is sad to see someone who entered the US legally be treated like this while there are milions of undocumented people out there.:mad:

Yeah. What reason did they give you for the deportation? I see you mention you were given a 6 month stay the second time and your stayed 7 months. (Overstay of 1 month).

But aside from that this sounded so... messed up. :p

Where are you from bytheway?

ps: check out the rest of her posts... it is worth reading the context.

Very sorry and this is crazy

I am very sorry to hear this and it is just unbelievable how they treated you when all you did was comply with the law and have never overstayed your visa each time you visited.

If u r not a terrorist or potential terrorist, how come they cna treat you like this? I wish there was a way your boyfreid can sue or seek other's help in getting back here painlessly, but am afraid thta it is true thee is nothing you or any one can do about it.

I love this country but it shouldn't treat innocent law abiding people like this!

they ae doing somethign to damage america's own reputation.

take care ok and be strong and get another visa if uc an.
byeeeeeeeeee

oh looks like u overstayed ur visa . that is wrong,, don't do it in future if you want smooth ride back in US again.

I want to clear some issues because i was missunderstood: I NEVER OVERSTAYED MY VISA, THE 7 MONTHS PERIOD I WAS IN MY COUNTRY, WORKING AND SAVING MONEY TO MAKE MY TRIP.
My periods were the following:
december 2004 to May 2005 (as I was allowed)
July 2005 to to january 2006 (as I was allowed)
May 2006- november 2006 (as I was allowed)
and this last time i flew in june, so that 7 months period i was IN MY COUNTRY

u got mistreated

ok,, u got mistreated kissstupid.

That's so inhumane what they did to you. If I were you,, i would get so mad.

why do they do this? specially to a girl?

For me what they did to you seem illegal, nothing more.

btw,, how r u gonna come back? apply for a new fresh tourist visa?

good luck and be strong.
take care

They deported her for misusing the B1 visa.

If you look carefully she spent 18 months out of last 28 in USA. She was visiting her boyfriend . Clearly not the intent of a visitor.

Her circumstance is unfortunate because he BF in not a citizen but that is not an excuse to abuse the visa.

Her earlier posts indicated that she had been warned on her last visit but changed her POE hoping to circumvent it.

The OP was returned simply for overusing/abusing/misusing her B-2 visa. Nothing to do with overstaying, which never occured. The OP was spending more time in the US and less outside. A B-2 applicant risks more when he/she visits the US twice in a year and stay 4 months each time compared to an applicant who visits the US 18 times a year and stays 3-4 days each trip. I feel sorry for the OP, but her last visit resutled in a visit to secondary. A lesson should have been learnt there. This may have been avoided.

I´m not planning on going back basically because i´m certain my visa will be refused and because of this experience i don´t even want to leave my country! I feel not only frightened but ashamed. I don´t even want to leave my house!
I just wanted to tell waitin_toolong that i never wanted to avoid NY POE, flying to NY was going to cost me 1200usd vs flying to Atlanta and then connecting on another flight to NY that was 800usd. The only reason i flew to Atlanta was saving 400 dollars.
I never considered being warned at NY POE, they said nothing and even gave me another 6 months of stay. I never thought about the chance of living this experience, the worst thing that crossed my mind was being given a restricted I-94 as i never overstayed. Believe me when i say that if i knew i was going to go through something like this, i would have never ever set a toe on that plane.
I know it was risky to stay so long, but it was the only thing to do when you are not a millionaire and you can´t finance much trips with little days of stay, and there´s no other solution to my situation with my boyfriend.

As I said in my earlier post, I feel sorry for you. However, you did invite this problem. I know it is easier said than done (more so when in your 20s compared to when in your 30s), but you needed to space out your visits. Your boyfriend should have made a few trips visiting you. I assume he is working full time, and thus could not take so much time off. Now he has to visit you since you cannot (or rather should not) travel to the US in the short term future.

how did she abuse her visa? she said she was given like 6 months visa at the airports each time she visited US. She had multiple 10 yrs visa in her passport.

So she didin't stay 1 day more then the visa validity on her I-94 and she had the right to stay full 6 months in US according to her I-94.
So,, how can you say kiss abused her visa?
She did everything legally.
kiss,, be strong, dont let that expereince feel u down !

She used her "visit" visa to spend more time in the US than her home country.
The State Department and ICE both view that as "abuse" of a B-2 visa. Yes she was legal throughout her 3 stays, however that does not stop ICE from making the judgement they made on her 4th entry attempt.

how did she abuse her visa?

Just outa curiosity , what was the country that didn't need visa and now they do ...maybe you guys can give me examples or maybe the original poster can share that would be nice
Thank you and good luck

If memory serves me right in mid 90s Argentina went deep in inflation , their pesos use to be equal to US mighty $$$ , back the the mighty had some power , not anymore ;-)

your guess is wrong

As I am from Argentina, I can tell you a couple of things about my coutry. During the 90s, under Menem´s presidency, we were a waiver country, argentineans did not need a visa to go to the US and 1 peso was equal to 1 dollar.
Almost at the same time that the americans were facing 911, in Argentina there was a political, economical ans sociological crisis going on, the president at that time (De La Rua) was forced out of the office and there were some issues concerning the banks and the citizen´s savings. Because of the crisis, this fixed exchange rate of 1 dollar 1 peso had come to an end.
After having a couple of presidents within months or weeks (as crazy as that may sound) nowadays we are doing pretty good. During our debt estructuring process, our president paid the IMF the full debt in one payment, the rate exchange is a real one and it doesn´t fluctuate much -just one or two cents (1 peso 3 dollars approx.).
A couple of days ago, the argentinean government was negotiating with the american government the inclusion of Argentina in the Visa Waiver Program next year. So we´ll have more news about that in the next couple of months.
I´m not saying Argentina is the best country in the world, we have lots of problems like poverty, unemployment and lack of budget in areas where it is crucial to spend more money (even when the country´s savings are about 4.000 million dollars). Argentina is not perfect, but it is not as bad as the international media pictures it or as some foreginers think it is (I´ve been told so many crazy things about my country that i couldn´t believe what i was hearing)

Before I finish one quick question: why guessing when the information is just a click away?

Last edited by a moderator:
kiss is from argentina? ic, thought u were from india or like that! interesting.

btw, how hard is it to get a US tourist visa?