Deportation Process

BetterWorld

Registered Users (C)
Hello!

My friend was denied of I130 petition. They're divorced now. He's out of status now. No criminal record; all clear. Has US born Kids.
I guess he might be deported. Can somebody please explain the process/steps of deportation? and possible ways to avoid it, Please !

The way to avoid deportation is to leave voluntarily. He is out of status, he has no other choice really. If he has less than 180 days out of status and leaves now he will not incur a ban. More than that, or deportation, he will have a ban. Having a deportation on record is a big problem... as I am sure your friend knows.

Why was the i130 petition denied?

Voluntary departure from the US is the best possible solution. That allows him the option to seek another visa down the road, including after any potential 3/10-yr bans.

This denial happened 3 years ago and now he is not living at same address. Recently he got USCIS case status email that review of I130 was reopened. So my question are:

1- Is NTA first step towards removal?
2- As he is no more at same address, How he'll come to know whether NTA was issued? Can NTA copy be obtained? How?
3- Usually whats there in NTA and how much time they give

Thanks a lot!

This denial happened 3 years ago and now he is not living at same address. Recently he got USCIS case status email that review of I130 was reopened. So my question are:

2- As he is no more at same address, How he'll come to know whether NTA was issued? Can NTA copy be obtained? How?

Thanks a lot!

You’ve been out of status for 3 years?

I am by no means an expert on marriage based cases, but I know for a fact that there is something called bona fide marriage exemption. I.e. if the marriage was valid and he had plans to combine life together, it shouldn't be a problem. Might time to hire a lawyer. I wouldn't DIY something as convoluted as this.
Marriage must generally be valid on the date you become a permanent resident in order for you to become a permanent resident based on a spouse's petition. If you divorce before you become a permanent resident, as the OP did, you can generally no longer immigrate on the basis of being a spouse. On the other hand, if your divorce after you become a permanent resident, then you can remain a permanent resident as long as you were in a bona fide marriage at the time you became a permanent resident.

I saw a while ago a video on YT on this from a lawyer. He said if the person divorces before the interview (i.e. before getting a conditional 2 yr. GC), then (s)he can go to court and argue that (s)he had every intention to make the marriage work and create a joint life but the USC spouse jumped ship, maybe was abusive, unfaithful, etc. It is a difficult process but it is possible.

Even if that was true (the process you describe sounds more like either (1) after i130 approved but before ROC or (2) someone who came on K1 - which means there is an approved petition before entering the US but divorced before AOS - neither of which situation seem to apply to OP), OP is currently unable to adjust status to anything because he is out of status.

I saw a while ago a video on YT on this from a lawyer. He said if the person divorces before the interview (i.e. before getting a conditional 2 yr. GC), then (s)he can go to court and argue that (s)he had every intention to make the marriage work and create a joint life but the USC spouse jumped ship, maybe was abusive, unfaithful, etc. It is a difficult process but it is possible.
I heard that too

Thanks a lot!
Guys, pls help me questions related to NTA

Marriage must generally be valid on the date you become a permanent resident in order for you to become a permanent resident based on a spouse's petition. If you divorce before you become a permanent resident, as the OP did, you can generally no longer immigrate on the basis of being a spouse. On the other hand, if your divorce after you become a permanent resident, then you can remain a permanent resident as long as you were in a bona fide marriage at the time you became a permanent resident.

Not 100% true though... If one had conditional GC but gets divorced before ROC then he can file alone even if was divorced.

Not 100% true though... If one had conditional GC but gets divorced before ROC then he can file alone even if was divorced.

That's beyond the scope of this thread, as the "friend" in this thread does not have a conditional GC to begin with. You've been advised.. voluntary departure from the US for out of status individuals is the best scenario recommended.

You seem to have very specific info, including access to email, about your "friend".. tsk tsk

Some interesting old posts from this poster, for sure. I don't have time to go through all of them....
This one from 2012.

Home Visits ?

Wondering if anybody experienced the home visits by USCIS.

Just curious,
Do they ever come to your home to check if you are living together?
Any instances...

So what? Circumstances can change in 7 years. Who appointed you a detective anyhow?

It’s common on this and other immigration forums for people to look at posters’ histories for better context of how to answer them. Often only a small part of the story is told, which can result in inadequate responses. In this case there seems a clear link between concern over whether uscis would check on a marriage being bona fide, and a subsequent denial, and a few years later the situation the poster is in today. Not sure why that offends you.

So what? Circumstances can change in 7 years. Who appointed you a detective anyhow?

All previous posts are fair game for members to review to get a fuller picture, and advise accordingly. If you think members are detectives here, wait till USCIS reviews a case.

@SusieQQQ / @Yasav - Thank You Guys! You're Awesome !
Lets not waste our energy on finding faults or like that... But help one another. I am trying to help multiple people ...doesn't matter who ...friend/brother/uncle... And i guess thats the whole purpose of such forums. Usually we call friend for sake of simplicity. . Does it really matter when we want to give back to community?

Let's grow together and try to help anybody in need!

It matters if you are one of those people we see here from time to time passing yourself off as an "agent" and charging to give arbitrary internet advice to people... it's not really common that one person can know so many very different friends and relatives who all seem to have immigration problems, is it? If it's really so it does make me wonder what nationality you are that so many relatives and friends seem to constantly get into immigration trouble.

Nothing that sort of and not sure what you're talking about. You need not to share your knowledge; Pls keep it with you.

Relax @SusieQQQ ...Go out and Take some fresh air :)

God bless you!