Bonefide Marriage

sweet15

Registered Users (C)
Was wondering.....the purpose of the Interview for GC is to show evidence of a bonefide marriage. A child is proof above all else of a bonefide marriage (I mean they can't get no better evidence than that). So my question is...Has anyone every been denied GC although they have kids together? Do anyone know of such a case?

Was wondering.....the purpose of the Interview for GC is to show evidence of a bonefide marriage. A child is proof above all else of a bonefide marriage (I mean they can't get no better evidence than that). So my question is...Has anyone every been denied GC although they have kids together? Do anyone know of such a case?

There are several reasons why someone can be denied the GC despite having a child/children. Example is if the person has been placed on deportation proceeding which has not been appealed, arrested for a crime that threatens the public, answered YES to the yes/no question on form I-485, had committed immigration fraud in the past e.t.c.

Yes I agree with you but those are far out things....I'm talking about a relatively simple case (no complications).

So you're referring to denial specifically for the reason of not having a bona fide marriage. I don't know of any couples who had children together who were denied for that reason.

However, you shouldn't assume that children provide a 100% guarantee regardless of the other facts or lack thereof. Suppose a couple has a child, but they have no evidence whatsoever of a relationship or living together before or after the pregnancy, and one parent shows no personal involvement or financial responsibility with the child. I wouldn't surprise if the GC was denied in such a situation. After all, there are careless people out there who have children with random strangers who don't see each again except to fight for custody or child support money (or to try to get a green card).

Home Visits ?

Wondering if anybody experienced the home visits by USCIS.

Just curious,
Do they ever come to your home to check if you are living together?
Any instances...

Wondering if anybody experienced the home visits by USCIS.

Just curious,
Do they ever come to your home to check if you are living together?
Any instances...

Yes, sometimes they send ICE agents to give a surprise visit to your place of residence, to check if both of you are there or to see if there is evidence of both of you living there (e.g. men's clothes and women's clothes). From what I remember, all the visits happened after the first interview. Here are a couple instances on the forum:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?318813-Surprise-visit-by-USCIS-officers!!!
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312663-Visited-by-ICE

Sometimes they also talk to neighbors, so if you're worried about surprise visits make sure you meet your closest neighbors so they know that you're a couple living there (sometimes a new neighbor will say they haven't seen a married couple living there if they haven't seen both of you regularly going in and out of the house or apartment).