Deportation Comments and Concerns

Nishantm

Hey there everyone. Quick question for you guys, I am a green card holder and 19 years old. My citizenship interview is on the 9th of March in Hartford. My question for you is, I am planning on going to spring break at a UNI nearby and was wondering if getting arrested (highly unlikely) for underage drinking would be grounds for getting deported? Also sometimes fights break out, although im not going to be fighting with anyone, if I am assaulted or something along those lines and am arrested or something along those lines would that constitute deportation? Even so, would'nt I be able to just take my oath before the US Immigration department can try to deport me?

Thanks for the help. Also as for my comment, WTF is with the DUI cases here? If you are on an H1-B visa then you should not be driving drunk no matter what, hell you should'nt drive drunk period. Thousands have died because of selfish inconsiderate people, IMO people who put innocent peoples lives in danger should get deported no questions asked.

That's the best advice I read in a long time. Decide on your priorities, and realize that any problems with the law prior to you receiving your naturalization certificate may become considerable issues during your application process.

Hey there everyone. Quick question for you guys, I am a green card holder and 19 years old. My citizenship interview is on the 9th of March in Hartford. My question for you is, I am planning on going to spring break at a UNI nearby and was wondering if getting arrested (highly unlikely) for underage drinking would be grounds for getting deported? Also sometimes fights break out, although im not going to be fighting with anyone, if I am assaulted or something along those lines and am arrested or something along those lines would that constitute deportation? Even so, would'nt I be able to just take my oath before the US Immigration department can try to deport me?

Thanks for the help. Also as for my comment, WTF is with the DUI cases here? If you are on an H1-B visa then you should not be driving drunk no matter what, hell you should'nt drive drunk period. Thousands have died because of selfish inconsiderate people, IMO people who put innocent peoples lives in danger should get deported no questions asked.

No you will not get deported for underage drinking.

Pretend for a moment that's it's a week before you get married. And ask if your spouse - Lady Liberty - would appreciate you going out and partying and inadvertently getting involved in fights before the wedding ceremony. If you think said fiance might be perturbed, maybe save the party til after you've been made an official 'Merican.

Lets assume that you are the idiot that you appear to be, underage drinking is not a CIMT. Simple assault is not a CIMT. Add a weapn, and raise that to 2nd, degree and kiss your blue passport goodbye. Before you raise your right hand and swear in, you will need to inform CIS of any recent arrests. A recent arrest or incident, might be ground to deny a application on the grounds of lack of GMC.

Lets assume for a second, that dangerous drugs came into play, and you did get your citizenship before they found out. They could always strip you of it. I have seen it done. Here is a little secret, Immigration agents arrest illegal aliens because that is their job, there is no greater thrill for a agent better than taking some LPR status from them.

Lets assume that you are the idiot that you appear to be, underage drinking is not a CIMT. Simple assault is not a CIMT. Add a weapn, and raise that to 2nd, degree and kiss your blue passport goodbye. Before you raise your right hand and swear in, you will need to inform CIS of any recent arrests. A recent arrest or incident, might be ground to deny a application on the grounds of lack of GMC.

Lets assume for a second, that dangerous drugs came into play, and you did get your citizenship before they found out. They could always strip you of it. I have seen it done. Here is a little secret, Immigration agents arrest illegal aliens because that is their job, there is no greater thrill for a agent better than taking some LPR status from them.

Clearly you are trying to help me out in your own twisted way by name-calling even though its not required at all, but if anything, you gave good advice so i'm not going to start a flamefest. PS: I am not going to be doing any drugs at all while I am there or carrying weapons. I'm not really sure where you got those ideas.

Deportation is one thing and is probably unlikely (unless you get yourself into real trouble) however, any crime would be within the 5 year look-back period for good moral character and therefore would almost completely prevent your naturalization for another 5 years.

Jim