dependent's I-485

nyyankees

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 was approved (@VSC) but my wife's is not yet. I (primary applicant) am from non-retrogression country but she (dependent) came from china. I am concerned if her nationality has any influence on her I-485. As we know, chinese faced a regrogression. I and my wife had exactly same pattern on LUD on I-140 and I-485 except that I got an approval on I-485 and she did not. Do you have any idea or suggestion on this issue?

Second, how long should she wait for her approval? What is the current trend at VSC?

Please give me some thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

I believe cross chargeability may apply in this case, I'd post a question in the forum
ImmigrationPortal Forums > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues > Concurrent Filing > Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Wish I could be of more help. Btw, could you please post more details on your case, category, dates of receipt, notification, approval...?

her name check is cleared!

My wife called to VSC this morning. She heard that VSC received her FP safely and her name check was already cleared. VSC told her that it is likely for her to get an approval within 30 days and her application should be processed soon. Is this a good sign?

1. Usually how long should we expect to wait for?

2. Actually in the end of this month, we will move to a new place. I am concerned about address change. We do not want to have a missing letter from VSC. Do you have any good suggestion? Thanks so much.

nyyankees said:
My I-485 was approved (@VSC) but my wife's is not yet. I (primary applicant) am from non-retrogression country but she (dependent) came from china. I am concerned if her nationality has any influence on her I-485. As we know, chinese faced a regrogression. I and my wife had exactly same pattern on LUD on I-140 and I-485 except that I got an approval on I-485 and she did not. Do you have any idea or suggestion on this issue?

Second, how long should she wait for her approval? What is the current trend at VSC?

Please give me some thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.