Dependent RFE List

BobPatterson

Registered Users (C)
Please add yourself to this discussion if your dependent (spouse, kid etc) has received an RFE or in the process of receiving it, and you (primary applicant) got approved. Let us track a couple of things:
1. How long does it take to receive RFE notice
2. What is the reason for RFE
3. What are people doing to tackle this (eg. birth certificate issues)
4. When are people getting approved after replying to RFE

In my case, I was approved on 2/25 and talking to IIO, my wife\'s case is an RFE, not received notice yet, and don\'t know the reason for RFE yet.

My case approved on 02/26

but wife\'s case did not, I did not called IIO so don\'t know whether it is a RFE or not but the AVM is same as it was before for my wife such as "on Dec 31st...Processing resume....." Bob, Suresh did AVM has changed for you wife or the same and you guys just came to know about the RFE by calling IIO. Please answer.

No Title

AVM for me "Case approved on Feb 25". For my wife "One Dec 31, FP was receieved....". Talked to IIO and came to know about RFE, AVM will change only after the RFE has been typed

Just called VSC to talk to an IIO but!!!!

the message says please call back later they are closed due to an emergency now.. what the heck it could be???? any idea

No answer

Hey Bob,

Finally able to catch an IIO and talked, she confirmed that my case has been approved and at the same time denied to provide me any information about the spouse\'s case. Bad luck man.

No Title

Well.. let\'s wait then. In my case, the AVM now says "Approved and notice mailed".. on 25th it did not say anything about mailing the approval. So, I hope to see my notice in a couple of days and hope wife\'s RFE notice comes soon after that. Looking at the copies of her medical exams, it is pretty obvious that it is an RFE to get those vaccination shots.

My case also said

that "This case has been approved and they mailed the notice if 14 day...." So I am also in the same boat and expecting the notice in mail within few days. Let\'s hope for the best. BTW are you planning to go for stamping as soon as you get the notice or will wait until spouse is not approved? I am thinking to stamp for my self as soon as I get the notice.

No Title

Good question. I have been debating this as well. I am going to ask my lawyer before I do this though. But I am leaning towards getting it stamped, just to be sure. I will keep you posted when I receive any of the notices.

My wife just talked to an IIO

but she has been told that your case has been filed in July that\'s why it is not yet assigned to an officer, I don\'t understand what IIO is talking about as we both have filed together. We both have same RD and ND. Is IIO pointing to July because ND is July? I am confused man. I called my law office to clarify but the person is out for lunch. I will call them again and post.

No Title

Your RD is June and ND is August I believe, right?

As you know the IIOs are mostly of not much use, either they give a very standard answer or give incorrect answer. So, don\'t worry too much about this. Call them again Monday. In our case, when my wife called, the IIO said her case and my case are in a single file and is with the same immigration officer, and I am sure that will be the case with any primary/dependent. Otherwise it makes no sense at all. We will get by this frustrating time soon, I hope.

Received notice today

I reeceived the courtesy copy of the approval notice in mail today. No word yet on my wife\'s RFE. I will wait until Monday to talk to my attorney to see if it is ok to go ahead and get my passport stamped etc.
Did you get yours?

Me and Wife got RFE

Hi,

Few minutes back spoke to IIO about my case and itseems RFE was gererated on my case. But they have not given me the specific reason. They said they will mail me the RFE in couple of weeks.

My case is not complecated at all. Same Employer from the begining, EB2, RIR ,RD 06/01/2001, ND 08/06/2001, country India and State MD.

Any one has any idea about what may be the RFE about??/

Please help me.

Thanks
More????

Bob....strange message for wife.....

I was surprised to hear the following message when I was checking my wife\'s case

"On March 4, 2002 we transferred your I-485 application to adjust to permanent resident status to our office in Newark and Peterborough, NJ for them to schedule and conduct an interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in Newark and Peterborough, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or need further action on your case. If you need further information please call 973-645-4400"

have you ever heard this when primary applicant is approved, and AOS was applied for H4? please help if you can

No Title

Sorry, I was on the road for 2 days. Did you try calling your local INS (don\'t know if they take calls), but probably it is just a small formality and it will be over in days. Please keep me posted. Did you get any notices by mail? Did you talk to an IIO?

My wife\'s case is still the same, no change in AVM. Waiting for the RFE notice.. really want to get this done soon.

I am planning on getting mine stamped in a couple of days.

Good to see you are back...

My wife called IIO on 03/01 - they told it is not yet assigned.
I called IIO again after we heard the message on 03/04 that case transferred and he told the same thing what AVM says. They can\'t tell why it was transferred or may be they are only able to see what AVM says in a written form on their computer screen. I did not received my copy yet but I am at the same mind with you regarding the stamp, so as soon as I get it I will go for stamp. I tried calling local INS but no answer probably you are right that they don\'t pick up phone. Don\'t understand why the hell they provide the number and encourage to call them for further information. Its little frustrating isn\'t it. I talked to my lawyer they said they will try INS line to talk to IIO. May be we should not had called IIO regarding wife\'s case because the case was transferred after talking. I saw another case like this in this board.

No Title

Pat, today my wife\'s AVM changed to "notice sent for further information on March 2nd....", so we should be receiving the RFE in a couple of days, at least I am glad things are moving, and hope it is for medical. Will keep you posted.

BTW, did you get yours stamped?

Good luck with your wife\'s...testing times, hard to push days, but I am sure it is a matter of days before we see the light.

Thanks for the info Bob...

I received my approval notice y\'day and going to stamp next Wednesday, what about you? did you got the stamp