Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

congrats tina_s!! still waiting for mine.....

If i don't get oath letter for May then i probably have to take InfoPass to talk to IO.

Interview

Had my interview today. Passed it:D

Was asked 10 questions. Answered all 10 correctly. The ones I remember are:
1. Who lives in the White House.
2. What are changes to the constitution called.
3. What do the stripes on the flag represent.
4. What is the highest court in the U.S.
5. Who said give me liberty or give me death?
6. What was the holiday celebrated for the first time by American colonies
7. Who makes the Federal laws in the U.S
8. Independence day celebrates independence from whom?
9. The dreaded question: name the 13 original colonies.
10. I dont remember.

Was asked to read the following sentence "I have three children".
Was asked to write the following sentence "I am very happy today".

I was the first one scheduled for interview on that day and the IO was extremely efficient and I was done in under 20 minutes.

I had to sign at 2 locations on the N-400 form I had sent in as well as along the passport photos that I had sent with the form.

I was asked to give recent documents that proved that my wife and I were co-habitating (my app is based on marriage). They also ask if your wife had accompanied you. Mine hadn't, but I think that if your spouse does - then that could be a favorable remark in your application. I gave them a copy of the lease document and some recent insurance papers.

I was impressed at how quickly the IO processed me.

I was told that there is a big oath ceremony in Denver in May. I hope that my application clears it in time - so that I can be sworn in on that day.

Application sent: 07.28.2007
Received by INS: 07.30.2007
Check cleared : 10.26.2007 (paid old fees)
Notice of action : 11.09.2007
Fingerprint Notice: 11.13.2007
Fingerprints Taken: 12.04.2007
Interview letter: 02.29.2008
Interview: 04.11.2008 (Denver)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats theRajah :)
there is an oath ceremony at the TLHU theater on May 14, i guess that's the one the officer was referring to. The theater's occupancy capacity is 1000.

Oath this Wednesday - Denver

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the time for the oath ceremony at Teikyo Loretto Heights University this Wednesday (April 16)?
Is it open to the general public?
I am still waiting for my oath letter, but would like to check it out if possible.
Thanks,

M92Denver

usually it starts at 10am. It might be different this.

My wife and I are waiting for the oath letter. Hopefully UCSIS starts sending oath letters soon.

Oath in Denver today

I stopped by the Teikyo Loretto Heights University to check out the oath ceremony this morning.

There were 348 people being naturalized in the morning ceremony.
There was also an afternoon session with the same number of people, which makes almost 700 people being naturalized today.

The judge presiding the session mentioned that they are working very hard to naturalize 12,000 people in Denver this year.

Does anyone know if interview letters are only being sent towards the beginning of the month, or throughout the month ?

So basically, if I don't get the interview letters during the first week on May, does that mean my next earliest chance is again during the first week of June ?

Has anyone here received (or know anyone that received) interview letters around middle or end of a month recently ?

Good for you :) Would love to hear about the oath if you have time to report back!
Oath Ceremony this morning.
1) $5.00 in change for parking lot
2) Check in with the letter and Green Card. Colored papers handed out to match the seating in the auditorium.
3) National Anthem and Short speech in auditorium
4) Pledge and oath
5) Return to the same table where you checked in
6) Get your certificate.
Mandatory paperwork for SSN - will need your drivers license.
And optional paperwork for voter reg.
7) Passports applications can be done there
- take your pictures if applying there.
8) Great service but for a couple of kids in the viewers balcony
who would not stop yelling despite being told to carry them out.
Some folks!
Bottom Line - Do not take your small kids with you if possible.

Having the certificate in hand - priceless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sudipto,
i checked all the posts for the last year and also from friends who are in the application process, the letter are mailed during the last week of the month, i am not sure if they are all mailed on the 28 for example or some on the 27,28,29. But, i haven't seen anybody receive their letter at any other time during the month.

Today i called and spoke to an IO, i am in the Queue Finally! :):)

Hi coloradon400 -- thanks very much for the information and congrats on being in the queue !!! Lets hope both of us get the IL during the first week of May ... and I mean May 2008 :D

Oath Ceremony this morning.
1) $5.00 in change for parking lot
2) ...

As I started reading your post, I thought it was going to go something like this ...

change for parking lot - $5.00
gas to drive to oath ceremony - $20.00
lunch on the way back - $50.00
FINALLY getting the citizenship certificate in hand - priceless

:D :D :D

Congrats once again !

Hello coloradon400,
Good to hear that you are finally on the queue. BTW do you have the number of Denver IO whom you talked to? I want to ask them my case as well.

Thanks,
Paul_dude

Paul_dude - coloradon400 can confirm, but I am pretty sure you can't talk to an IO at the district offices via phone. The two options for talking to an IO are -- 1) via phone by calling the USCIS national customer service number 2) at the district office by setting up an InfoPass appointment and then showing up in person.

For option# 1, call 1-800-375-5283 and then select options -- 1, 2, 2 ,6, 2, 4. You will be talking to a first level representative who will ask you a set of standard questions and if they then feel necessary, will transfer you to an IO. I have called several times and almost everytime the first level rep has transferred me to an IO. However, I have heard from many others that the first level reps have continually refused to transfer them to an IO. I think I got "lucky" becuase my case# do not show up in their online database yet.

For option# 2, go to the USCIS website and then select the option on the left hand side to set up an InfoPass appointment. You will have to go to the district office in person to meet an immigration officer.

I believe coloradon400 was referring to option# 1 above

You are right Sudipto, i just called the 1800 number and got transferred to an IO as my case is not accessible online. paul dude, those IOs can only confirm if you have been placed in the queue or if you are still under background check, they have no idea when the letter will be sent until it has been sent.
good luck:)

Thanks for confirming coloradon400

As for IOs being able to give a timeframe for when ILs will be sent, the last two times I spoke to them, both the IOs told me that I should receive the interview letters in the next 60 days. I did get the feeling though that they were just giving me a generic estimated timeframe and not anything specific. FWIW :)

Case status online between Interview and Oath

I am unable to get my case status online after having the interview.
Is it standard to have your case status online disappear between interview and oath? What do others in the same timeframe see?

This is the message I get:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

I have been seeing this error right from the beginning (on both mine and my wife's case). One of the immigration officers had explained to me that there is nothing to worry about this. For one - the online database is NOT updated in real time (or not even close to real time). For another - he said - majority of the N400 processing happens in the district offices; the online database only reflects the status when the case in with the national service center (Nebraska, in our case) - when the case is at the district office the online database can't track status.

So may be they removed the case from the online database because it is back at the district office.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about this.

I am unable to get my case status online after having the interview.
Is it standard to have your case status online disappear between interview and oath? What do others in the same timeframe see?

This is the message I get:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.