Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Gulo:
How was your interview?

I will repost from another thread:

Interview was scheduled for 12.30, I arrived 30 min earlier but they called me in right about 12.30. The officer was very nice, she made copy of my DL and Green card and then we went back to her office. Main part of the interview was just going over N-400 form and asking me all the information I put in. Name, current and past addresses, name of employer, etc. She asked me for my wife's SSN but I told her I don't know it by heart, just the last 4 digits. Everything went smoothly except when we got to page 10. After asking me all the questions on the form she then specifically asked if I ever got a traffic ticket. To that I replied yes but I told her that the instructions on website say those do not have to be mentioned on application. ("Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license.") Then I said that I did bring proof that I paid my fine just in case. She took the document from me and asked me exactly when did it occur. I said I don't remember the date, just summer 2005. She said that she would have to change my answers on N-400 and put answers for questions 16,17 and 18 as YES. I had to sign that I agree. Now, I don't think this is entirely fair since I wouldn't call traffic ticket an offense and especially since it's clearly stated not to mention it but I really didn't want to argue about it with officer. Then there was another issue with my birthday not being correct on my green card but she said she would take care of it.

After we went over the whole N-400 she had me read a simple sentence and then write one ("She wanted to live near her brother"). After that she pulled printed set of 10 questions, I believe she asked me all of them but I got them all right. (no original 13 states or anything like that, very simple stuff like color of stripes or capital of my state). After that she said she is recommending me for approval and gave me form N-652. I will receive letter oath letter in mail. Whole thing took about 25 minutes and would be quicker if it wasn't for the issue with my birth date. Also, out of the big stack of documents I brought with me she only looked at that traffic fine receipt (which she actually kept with her) and my wife's passport. Nothing else at all...

So overall I am happy I have it behind me but it will probably make things more confusing for people that are unsure about the whole traffic tickets issue....

Timeline:

mailed out N-400 mar 10,07
check cashed mar 16,07
notice of action mar 23,07
fingerprints notice mar 30,07
fingerprints taken apr 20,07
interview letter May 3,2007
interview June 21,2007

Oath Ceremony!

Received my oath info - it will be on Wednesday, July 18th at the Teikyo theatre building. :D

Still nothing new on DH's side... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Denver people, what's going on?
Could you please update this discussion with your N-400 process experiences?

It's been very quiet in here lately!

Thanks

I am getting ready to apply for US citizenship in Sept 1st week. I would appreciate, if you guys could list what are the documents needed to be sent along with the N400 application.

well I am still waiting for my oath letter. I am starting to get really nervous. It will be 1 month since my interview tomorrow

well I am still waiting for my oath letter. I am starting to get really nervous. It will be 1 month since my interview tomorrow

My letter took 6 weeks, so it'll probably be around that time line. So don't worry...

After almost 5 years of life without INS, mailed the application today. The wait has begun.

x

N400 filed in July

Mailed my N400 to Nebraska Service Center on July 28th, 2007.
N400 delivered on July 30th, 2007.

Discrepancy in processing dates on USCIS website

If you look at the now processing applications with receipt date, on the USCIS website (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=25), it says the current date is Dec 12, 2006.

But looking at this thread there have been people who have submitted their apps in March 2007 and had the entire process completed.

Is the discrepancy - just the fact that USCIS is not updating their records often enough?

Application was delivered on 07/25/2007 by USPS. The check was cashed today. So far NSC is pretty fast.

x

oath letter

So I received my Oath letter today. Exactly 6 weeks and 1 day after my interview. Oath is scheduled for 8/22 at Teikyo Theatre.

Can't wait :D

Check not cashed after 10 days

Hi,

I mailed out my application on July 28 and I have delivery confirmation for July 30. (I mailed it with the old $400 fee - to Nebraska SC).

The check hasnt been cashed yet - Its been 10 days. I was wondering if this is normal - or - what should I do?

Thanks.

Not yet. I got my receipt and priority date, but online case status is still missing. My wife's application arrived on 30th and her check has not been cashed yet. Hopefully, they will not return her application for not enough payment. Our second child is coming very soon and we will be very busy afterwards. So we do not hope to get FP letter too soon.

how about you? Have you got FP? My priority date is july 25th. what is yours?

X

btw online status is pretty much worthless, my oath ceremony is tomorrow and the status still says "we received your application, blah blah back in march"

Not yet. I got my receipt and priority date, but online case status is still missing. My wife's application arrived on 30th and her check has not been cashed yet. Hopefully, they will not return her application for not enough payment. Our second child is coming very soon and we will be very busy afterwards. So we do not hope to get FP letter too soon.

how about you? Have you got FP? My priority date is july 25th. what is yours?

You should get your FP pretty soon, unless they are slowing down. I still have 3 more months to go before I can submit my form.

Got FP letter today. NSC seems moving forward despite the front log.

x

NSC has slowed down apparently for N-400 as well. Earlier this year they were scheduling FP appointments one month after receiving the N-400 form.
Now they are scheduling FP for 2 months after receiving N-400.