Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

TimeLine

Hello all - got done w/ my oath yesterday.

Applied - jan26
Fp - Feb 20
Int - 3/12 (letter), 4/12
Oath - 5/15.

Pretty straight forward. Interview - was asked only g/c. Not even Passport. Oath - need nothing more than G/c. All the best.

I am a newbie here. Just wanted to 'Hi' to all of you. Thanks.
Hi I am new to this forum, i am planning to apply for Citizenship by end of June, i live in denver, and was interested to speak with the user "DEN400". You can reach me at 303-562-2535. Appreciate if you can give me a call.

Naren

question about N-400 part 2

Hi,

I am planning to apply for citizenship using the 90 days rule to avoid the rate hike. I got my GC on 10/09/2002.

If I apply in late July (less than 90 days to 10/09/2007), can I still check the option A of N-400 part 2, which states 'I have been a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States for at least five year'?

Thanks very much.

x

driving record

Hi, guys from Colorado,

I got a traffic ticket for careless driving about 10 years ago. I paid the fine. I do not remember the exact date and the amount of the fine that was less than $100. The Colorado driving record from Colorado department of revenue only shows last 7 years. Where can I get a copy the record for the ticket?

Thanks very much.

x

Hi, guys from Colorado,

I got a traffic ticket for careless driving about 10 years ago. I paid the fine. I do not remember the exact date and the amount of the fine that was less than $100. The Colorado driving record from Colorado department of revenue only shows last 7 years. Where can I get a copy the record for the ticket?

Thanks very much.

x

Don't worry about it. They're not interested in a simple traffic ticket unless drugs/alcohol are involved (and over $500 which your's is not). I have had over 20, including 2 mandatory court appearences (when I lived in the Springs any ticket you had to go to court).

I didn't need to have proof or mention them at all as none were drug/alcohol related or over $500. In the interview he did ask me if I had ever been to court and I said yes, 2 times. He asked what for, I just said 2 speeding tickets and all he asked was drugs or alcohol involved and then he moved on to something else...

Don't worry about it. They're not interested in a simple traffic ticket unless drugs/alcohol are involved (and over $500 which your's is not). I have had over 20, including 2 mandatory court appearences (when I lived in the Springs any ticket you had to go to court).

I didn't need to have proof or mention them at all as none were drug/alcohol related or over $500. In the interview he did ask me if I had ever been to court and I said yes, 2 times. He asked what for, I just said 2 speeding tickets and all he asked was drugs or alcohol involved and then he moved on to something else...

Hi warlord,
Could you please help clarify the following points?
(1) Did you answer "Yes" to the question about "Have you ever been cited..." on you N-400 application?
(2) Did you tell the IO during interview about you 20+ tickets or only the ones you had to go to court for? Did he ask about it?
(3) Did you have the court transcripts with you in case he asked to see them?
(4) Was your interview in Denver?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Hi warlord,
Could you please help clarify the following points?
(1) Did you answer "Yes" to the question about "Have you ever been cited..." on you N-400 application?
(2) Did you tell the IO during interview about you 20+ tickets or only the ones you had to go to court for? Did he ask about it?
(3) Did you have the court transcripts with you in case he asked to see them?
(4) Was your interview in Denver?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

1) I actually was very confused myself and did a lot of reading up on it. From everything I had seen the citation means a criminal offence and not a standard ticket. So I put no I believe.

2) Nope I just answered the IO's questions honestly. I answered only what he asked. He did ask about if I had ever been in court, so I honestly stated yes. He just wanted to know if it was any drug/alcohol. 20 ticekts were in 12 states and some of them were actually just warnings (about 1/2).

3) Nope never wasted my time as everything I researched said it was not needed in simple traffic cases.

4) Yep it was in Denver.

Basically if you feel you might have something else on your N-400 that could cause a concern, then you might want to get that ticket info. How I have no clue.

They know most people get a traffic ticket or several of them, so they're really looking for your criminal offences like court dates (not mandatory traffic tickets), jail time, probation, lawsuits, investigations, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Warlord for sharing your experience. The questions on N-400 sometimes are confusing. I remember that I read a post recently. The guy called uscis customer service and was told that he should include traffic tickets in his answers.

I called driver control office at Department of revenue and found out some information that might be useful to some people. If you mail order the driving record, it will only cover 7 years. If you go to Lakewood office, you can get a full record. It is only $2.20 for a non-certified copy and $2.70 for a certified copy. For application, I will just mention the ticket and will not include any document since it was only $56. But later for interview, I may take a full driving record with me.

x

Thanks Warlord for sharing your experience. The questions on N-400 sometimes are confusing. I remember that I read a post recently. The guy called uscis customer service and was told that he should include traffic tickets in his answers.

I called driver control office at Department of revenue and found out some information that might be useful to some people. If you mail order the driving record, it will only cover 7 years. If you go to Lakewood office, you can get a full record. It is only $2.20 for a non-certified copy and $2.70 for a certified copy. For application, I will just mention the ticket and will not include any document since it was only $56. But later for interview, I may take a full driving record with me.

x

Hi X-man,

I found this at the Colorado Department of Revenue webpage.
It does not mention that you can get a full record (more than 7 years) at the Lakewood office. Apparently all driving records in Colorado are for the last 7 years.

Any ideas what people do if they want to have dispositions of tickets that were issued over 7 years ago? Do they just disappear from your record?

Hi X-man,

I found this at the Colorado Department of Revenue webpage.
It does not mention that you can get a full record (more than 7 years) at the Lakewood office. Apparently all driving records in Colorado are for the last 7 years.

Any ideas what people do if they want to have dispositions of tickets that were issued over 7 years ago? Do they just disappear from your record?

Sorry, here's the info from the Colorado Department of Revenue webpage:

http://www.revenue.state.co.us/MV_dir/wrap.asp?incl=faqdc/faqdc2

I called their customer service today and was told that I could get a full record if I go to the Lakewood office. You can give them a call to double check it.

x

I had my interview this morning (in Denver) and it was very pleasant. My IO was very polite and friendly. He only asked for my driver's license and my GC. He stopped the test part after the 6th question because I had them all correct. Then he went over my application and just asked me some of the info off there.

When we were done he asked about whether my hubby would be applying too, and when I told him we had applied together but hubby had not received interview info yet, he looked up my hubby's info on the computer. He could only see that the FP had been done, so figured we're still waiting for background checks there. He said if my hubby got his interview soon enough then they could try get us into the same oath ceremony.

Altogether a great experience! :D Now to wait for the Oath Ceremony info!

I had my interview this morning (in Denver) and it was very pleasant. My IO was very polite and friendly. He only asked for my driver's license and my GC. He stopped the test part after the 6th question because I had them all correct. Then he went over my application and just asked me some of the info off there.

When we were done he asked about whether my hubby would be applying too, and when I told him we had applied together but hubby had not received interview info yet, he looked up my hubby's info on the computer. He could only see that the FP had been done, so figured we're still waiting for background checks there. He said if my hubby got his interview soon enough then they could try get us into the same oath ceremony.

Altogether a great experience! :D Now to wait for the Oath Ceremony info!

CO-Sunshine,

Congratulations on passing your interview!

Did you mention traffic tickets on your n-400 application?
What did the IO ask about traffic tickets?

Also, what is an "exception" that you mention your husband had? What does it mean?

Thanks and congratulations again!

CO-Sunshine,

Congratulations on passing your interview!

Did you mention traffic tickets on your n-400 application?
What did the IO ask about traffic tickets?

Also, what is an "exception" that you mention your husband had? What does it mean?

Thanks and congratulations again!

Thanks suresh_colo!

I haven't ever had any traffic tickets, so didn't mention any. My IO didn't ask about tickets, but did ask if I had ever been cited/detained/arrested for any reason.

My husband did have a couple of traffic violation tickets, and mentioned those on his N400.

My husband's receipt came with an "exception" which was explained as:

"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview, etc."

We assume that's because of his traffic tickets, and apparently just about everyone gets one of these if they note traffic tickets or anything out of the "ordinary" on their N400.

HTH :)

Thanks suresh_colo!

I haven't ever had any traffic tickets, so didn't mention any. My IO didn't ask about tickets, but did ask if I had ever been cited/detained/arrested for any reason.

My husband did have a couple of traffic violation tickets, and mentioned those on his N400.

My husband's receipt came with an "exception" which was explained as:

"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview, etc."

We assume that's because of his traffic tickets, and apparently just about everyone gets one of these if they note traffic tickets or anything out of the "ordinary" on their N400.

HTH :)

Hi CO-Sunshine,

Could you please send me your email address?
Mine is suresh_colo@yahoo.com

Thanks

well now that I've done it I will reply to myself - it barely took 5 minutes. There was no line at all. Also I arrived earlier and it was no problem.

I did receive my interview letter today.

Mailed out N-400 on March 10th, 2007
Priority date March 13, 2007
Received fingerprints letter March 30, 2007
Fingerprints appoitment April 20, 2007
Received interview letter May 3,2007
Interview June 21,2007

Hi gulo,

How was your interview experience?
Hope everything went fine.