Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Thanks sd12 for all your suggestions over the last few months.

goboulder, You can also show up at the Denver DO without any appointment. Try to be there between 7:30 and 8:30 and you can be assured of meeting someone. When I went there with an Infopass appt, there was not much of a queue.

sd12 said:
Congratulations to all brand new citizens who took oath on July 19.
goboulder, Is there any way you can go to INS office and talk to someone.
Sorry, I haven't tried that but I think someone will atleast let you know what
is happening with your case. Is it name check or something else.
Then you can go through senator's office. My 2 cents.

Follow-up

I went through infopass appt. today and talked to an officer.
She said my file is being reviewed and I'll receive an oath letter as soon as they finish reviewing.
But I forgot to ask how long it will take in general.
Got any idea? When do you think I should go back to ask about my case?
I decided to bug them a lot. :rolleyes:

IMMPORTAL_USER said:
Thanks sd12 for all your suggestions over the last few months.

goboulder, You can also show up at the Denver DO without any appointment. Try to be there between 7:30 and 8:30 and you can be assured of meeting someone. When I went there with an Infopass appt, there was not much of a queue.

This means that your file is back from Nebraska. Which is a good sign. When I went for the oath ceremony, I did get to meet a lot of folks from the Denver DO. They were nice folks trying to do a good job.

I would follow up again in 2 weeks time. This imho the most efficient way.

goboulder said:
I went through infopass appt. today and talked to an officer.
She said my file is being reviewed and I'll receive an oath letter as soon as they finish reviewing.
But I forgot to ask how long it will take in general.
Got any idea? When do you think I should go back to ask about my case?
I decided to bug them a lot. :rolleyes:

Got August Oath Letter!

Dear Denverites!
I got the oath letter today for Aug 25th 12 PM at US District Court,
in 19th Street, Denver.
Thanks for all your support and help!
Congrats and Best of luck to all.

Rocky!

Passed interview in Denver on 7/31/06

Got there at 12:45 for the 1:10 interview. Security guard at the front desk took the interview letter and asked me to sit in the waiting area. I was called in at 1:45 by a male officer (Mark Siegel). He was very polite and apologized for keeping me waiting. Apparently the officer who was assigned to my case was out sick and he was doing double duty. I jokingly said that afer 13 years a few minutes was no big deal. He chuckled. I was asked for just my GC and drivers license. No other documents were asked for. I was administered the oath and then asked 6 civics questions that I got right. Then I was asked to read and write a simple sentence. Then the officer asked went throught the application and asked a few questions from it. Even though I had mentioned a speeding ticket back in 1996, he did not ask for any proof of having paid it. Then he asked me to sign on my photographs with a felt pen. At the end of it, he told me that I had passed and would be recommended for citizenship. He gave me a piece of paper and asked me to wait for the oath letter in the mail. Did not say how long I had to wait. I did not ask either. I asked him if my name check was complete. He looked into the file and confirmed that it was complete. I was out of there by 2:00. A non-eventful experience. Any idea when the oath date will be ?

Oath - interview time gap

The interview is scheduled for August 24 in Denver. Can we expect
to have oath schduled late Sept or early Oct ? We are planning for
an India trip in Nov. I want to reserve tickets if I am reasonably confident
about this timeline. But, for obvious reasons, I am holding it off..

Anyone wants to share their views on if it is too optimistic to expect oath
in late Sept or early Oct if your interview date is on 24 Aug.

How do we find out when the oaths are scheduled in Sept, Oct and how much
of a queue is there....

---- GM

Possible September date

Gudman, There is a possibility for mid-September on Citizens' week where they have a huge gathering/oath ceremony for around 600 people!
Good luck.
Rocky.

Aug 25 2006 Oath Cermony DONE!

Dear friends,
Our oath ceremony was completed in US District Court last friday, 25-Aug.
The cermony lasted little less than an hour from 1~2PM with 48 people from 24 countries. Thanks for all the valuable info you all have provided.

Status of Rocky_400 is upgraded to Rocky_Citizen!
Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
still stuck in name check?1!

got married in north carolina in mid 2002. 2003 i moved the denver,co.had an interview june 9 2004.still waiting for the background check.i called the uscis center today and gave them my receipt number( have 2 of them src... and lin...)and officer told me i was approved on late 2004.i was shoicked.i told them how come i didnot received my greenC. they connected to me the supervisor/aND HE TELLS ME I`M STILL WAITING FOR MY Back ground check.i told him, other officer told me i was approved.he said they didnt read it good.got an letter ftom immigration saying that it`s still pending.any help would be great.what should i do.?????????

September 19th Oath Ceremony

Did any one get a letter for the Sep 19th ceremony? I was told at the interview that I will be getting a letter for the Sep 19th ceremony. She did mention that this is going to be the largest ceremony that they ever had, around 600 people. So far I have not received the letter.

Thanks

update

I had an infopass appt. this morning because I haven't received anything yet.
The officer looked at the screen and seemed to have no idea so she printed the screen and went in to ask somebody else (probably her supervisor).

After a long wait she came back and said that
my application is still pending waiting for the spot in the court.
It is taking longer than other applicants because I asked for a name change.
It should be in front of the judge and it has limited spots.
She did not give me a specific day but she said it is possible for Oct. or Nov. oath ceremonies.

So if anyone pending with name change should have different waiting list than people without name change.

Oath Dates in Sept and Oct

The interview date is Aug 24 and waiting for the oath letter.

It looks like they have sent the letters to people for Sept 19 oath date.

How do we find out when is the next oath date after Sept 19 ?

If anybody got oath letter whose interview was in mid Aug, Can you
let us know..

Thanks - GM

Does Anyone receive an oath letter for October, 2006?

My case is still pending.
Does anyone receive an oath letter for October?
Please share the info. :confused:

Oath letter received

I answer my question.
Today, I received an oath letter, finally.
My oath date is October 20th.
Thanks and good luck everyone.

goboulder said:
My case is still pending.
Does anyone receive an oath letter for October?
Please share the info. :confused: