Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

dlp06 said:
Hello all,

I will become a citizen on the ceremony that will be held on July 19. I need to travel abroad the following weekend. What do you suggest. Is there anyway I can expedite the passport. Do you have any ideas. I appreciate your help.

Make an appointment with the Passport agency in Denver. Show up with the necessary documents for a passport along with the original tickets. They should be able to issue a passport quickly (for a fee).

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

Oath Letter

I finally received my oath letter today for July 19, 2006
At Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater, RM1, GT 1 :)

Mine said 8:30AM. I guess they are having two sessions on July 19th! Must be a huge backlog.

YES2 said:
My letter stated that I need to report at 12 PM. Is that what you also have?
I have noticed you wrote at 8:30AM

Oath Letter Received

Hi,

At Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater, RM1, GT 1

I had my interview in Denver on Apr 24th 2006.

Thanks,
Sunil

Oath

sunil_seema said:
Hi,

At Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater, RM1, GT 1

I had my interview in Denver on Apr 24th 2006.

Thanks,
Sunil

what time is your Oath?
is it 8:30AM or 12pm?

Almost Done!

Hi to you all! I have not posted anything for a while but I wanted to let you know that I passed the inteview and is set for the oath ceremony next week in Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater. The oath ceremony is set on a Wednesday.

As for my interview-it was very pleasant. My husband and two kids came with me in Denver and stayed there for the night because my interview schedule was set early morning. I was interviewed by a nice lady-I only waited for a minute for my name to be called in-the officer later told me they were interviewing few people so they were on schedule. She told me that the computer will generate 10 questions and if I answer 6 correctly she will not need to ask me the rests. The questions were: How many chief justices in the supreme court, Colors of the flag, the branches of the government, how long can the representatives be elected and two others I cannot recall. I have answered all six questions so that was it. Then I made an error in my application-in the question how many times has your spouse been married I put in 1-I thought the question meant how many times had he been married before he married me Anyway-I had all my paperworks with my to establish the fact that we are living together and such-the officer photocopied everything adviced me the oath ceremony will be around August. She also told me if I did not have all the paperworks with me-my application could have been delayed. Notheless-she congratulated me and I was out of the place in 15 minutes!!! :D :)

OAth

IMMPORTAL_USER said:
Finally, received the oath letter today.

Wednesday, July 19 2006
8:30AM

USCIS
3001 South Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80236
Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater, RM1, GT1

I have the exact schedule as you :)

Oath

Well it looks like i am the only one with a 12PM Oath!! I am not sure what to think of that!! any ideas?

Oath July 19

mavrick74 said:
I also have Oath ceremony at 12.00 pm. 19 th July.

this makes me feel much better to know there is someone else at the same time. thank you

When to Fille N400?

All-
It's been a while since I have been on this website.

I am completing my five years of LPR in April 2007 and I am eligible for continuous residency.

I have been unable to search this info from the forums yet.

For folks in colorado, when did you file, relative to the date you complete 5 years of residency.

I have been told that I can apply upto 6 months prior to that 5 year mark i.e., Can I file N400 in Oct 2006?

From some of the timelines, it is also clear that you have been able to get an interview in about 4 months from the date the N400 has been received by Nebraska service center (NSC). Am i right in my understanding?
Is NSC the service center currently for folks in Colorado?

Please advice. Thanks.

It is still 3 months or 90 days ahead of your completion of 5 years of LPR. If you file 6 months in advance it will get returned back to you by NSC. AFAIK this rule has not changed.

The entire process from date of application to oath takes 4 months based on my experience. That is, as long as you do not get into name-check issue or other exceptions on the application :) :)

dilbert30 said:
All-
I am completing my five years of LPR in April 2007 and I am eligible for continuous residency.

For folks in colorado, when did you file, relative to the date you complete 5 years of residency.

I have been told that I can apply upto 6 months prior to that 5 year mark i.e., Can I file N400 in Oct 2006?

From some of the timelines, it is also clear that you have been able to get an interview in about 4 months from the date the N400 has been received by Nebraska service center (NSC). Am i right in my understanding?
Is NSC the service center currently for folks in Colorado?

Please advice. Thanks.

Oath ceremony at 12.00 pm. 19 th July 2006

Hi YES2,

Yes, I have Oath ceremony at 12.00 pm. 19 th July 2006.
Sorry about for late reply.

Thanks
Sunil

Completed

Went for the oath at 8:15AM for an 8:30AM appointment. Was done by 11:00. The procedure is similar to what others had explained on this board. Went to the post office and dropped off the application for a passport.

All done. Thanks for all the folks on this board. Good luck to you all.

Will it help to write to the Colorado Senator?

I've been waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled for more than 4 months and still stucked at unknown stage.
I was about to set another infopass appointment to ask what is going on.
But it is unable to set up an appointment at this time. - check the web page.

So I am thinking of writing to Ken Salazar (Colorado Senator) to help me.
Does anyone tried this? Does it really help to resolve the problem?
I think it is nothing to lose but want to know what the chances are.

IMMPORTAL_USER said:
Went for the oath at 8:15AM for an 8:30AM appointment. Was done by 11:00. The procedure is similar to what others had explained on this board. Went to the post office and dropped off the application for a passport.

All done. Thanks for all the folks on this board. Good luck to you all.

Congratulations to all brand new citizens who took oath on July 19.
goboulder, Is there any way you can go to INS office and talk to someone.
Sorry, I haven't tried that but I think someone will atleast let you know what
is happening with your case. Is it name check or something else.
Then you can go through senator's office. My 2 cents.