Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Oath on June 30th

Hi everybody,
I’m so happy I have found this forum since it cleared some confusion regarding the oath place… :)
First, here is my timeline, even though it does not completely apply to Denver, since I started the naturalization process while living in New Orleans:
-N-400 submitted in May 2004 to Texas Service Center
-Attended the interview (passed) in mid-August 2005 (New Orleans DO)
-Relocated to Denver and reported to Denver DO in January 2006, the office requested my file from New Orleans
-The file was received by Denver DO on March 28th 2006
-Received an oath letter on June 16th 2006, oath scheduled for June 30th at 12:00 PM

Many thanks to sd12 for hints regarding the location, but a goof like me have a few more… ;)
My oath letter states USCIS Center of Academic and Performance Arts – does not state clearly King Center, but has a floor and the room number I believe (I don’t have the letter with me) – is there a separate USCIS office there, or just an officer I can give the letter/GC and stuff to?
What exactly is the meaning of bringing “all the documents ever submitted to USCIS” with me (states in the letter)? I have a pile of docs about 7” tall, should I haul that with me?
Any other hints/tips/suggestions will be warmly appreciated…it seems that I am more nervous at the end of the immigration journey than ever before… :eek:

Passed Interview!

Denver Folks, Mine and my spouse Interview went fine today and we passed
in English and Civics test and the officer said she recommends us for
Naturalization. The Oath ceremony letter will be sent. But one caveat: Since we changed our last names we will be taking a oath in front of Judge which is not the normal process and it is done 4-5 times per year compared to many regular oath ceremonies. Keeping fingers crossed on dates!
Good luck to all.

How long until next oath ceremony?

My mom has her oath ceremony set for June 30 in Denver but is considering requesting the next date so more family can attend. Has anyone done this and do you know how long it will take for her to get another date? Is it likely to be July or later?

Based on what I have seen posted, it looks like they hold them monthly.

Waterpony said:
My oath letter states USCIS Center of Academic and Performance Arts – does not state clearly King Center, but has a floor and the room number I believe (I don’t have the letter with me) – is there a separate USCIS office there, or just an officer I can give the letter/GC and stuff to?
What exactly is the meaning of bringing “all the documents ever submitted to USCIS” with me (states in the letter)? I have a pile of docs about 7” tall, should I haul that with me?

It is at the Kenneth King Academic & Performing Arts Center. USCIS has only a small hall across from their offices on Paris St. You need to bring your green card, information about any travel that you did between your interview and June 30th, the oath letter and "proper attire". I would carry the rest of the documents and leave them in the car in case they ever ask for it. Based on people's experience they have not asked for anything else.

You are the first person that I have heard who has the June 30th date. Congratulations.

BikeGuy said:
My mom has her oath ceremony set for June 30 in Denver but is considering requesting the next date so more family can attend. Has anyone done this and do you know how long it will take for her to get another date? Is it likely to be July or later?

Based on what I have seen posted, it looks like they hold them monthly.

They hold these ceremonies every month. If she asks for another date, they would not automatically give you the next month. In my case, when I missed my May date (due to an address change within same city), I requested a June date. They said June was already full and said "maybe" July. The officer during the interview mentioned that they like to avoid rescheduling as it creates more paperwork and folks who have been pushed to the next month could have appeared in the current month. She mentioned this since she noticed that I travel overseas quite often.

BTW according to sd12, the hall holds around 300 people and hence they might not allow that many friends and relatives inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waterpony said:
Hi everybody,
I’m so happy I have found this forum since it cleared some confusion regarding the oath place… :)
First, here is my timeline, even though it does not completely apply to Denver, since I started the naturalization process while living in New Orleans:
-N-400 submitted in May 2004 to Texas Service Center
-Attended the interview (passed) in mid-August 2005 (New Orleans DO)
-Relocated to Denver and reported to Denver DO in January 2006, the office requested my file from New Orleans
-The file was received by Denver DO on March 28th 2006
-Received an oath letter on June 16th 2006, oath scheduled for June 30th at 12:00 PM

Many thanks to sd12 for hints regarding the location, but a goof like me have a few more… ;)
Any other hints/tips/suggestions will be warmly appreciated…it seems that I am more nervous at the end of the immigration journey than ever before… :eek:

You simply need to report at the address/time indicated in letter.
When you check in, they will verify your oath letter and green card.
You don't need to have any other documents as far as I can tell. All they asked me was green card (and any other travel document issued by INS if you are refugee). So for majority green card is enough.

Rocky_400 said:
Denver Folks, Mine and my spouse Interview went fine today and we passed
in English and Civics test and the officer said she recommends us for
Naturalization. The Oath ceremony letter will be sent. But one caveat: Since we changed our last names we will be taking a oath in front of Judge which is not the normal process and it is done 4-5 times per year compared to many regular oath ceremonies. Keeping fingers crossed on dates!
Good luck to all.
Congratulations Rocky_400.
Looks like Denver DO is moving along nicely.
Hope you get scheduled for oath soon.
(FYI: Our oath was conducted by judge so I thought that it was a norm.
But may be not.)

IMMPORTAL_USER said:
They hold these ceremonies every month. If she asks for another date, they would not automatically give you the next month. In my case, when I missed my May date (due to an address change within same city), I requested a June date. They said June was already full and said "maybe" July. The officer during the interview mentioned that they like to avoid rescheduling as it creates more paperwork and folks who have been pushed to the next month could have appeared in the current month. She mentioned this since she noticed that I travel overseas quite often.

BTW according to sd12, the hall holds around 300 people and hence they might not allow that many friends and relatives inside.

Thanks for the info. Mom will go ahead with the June 30 date. It will be held at the King Center. I called the center and they said that they do not have any scheduled ceremonies past June. They may be holding future ceremonies at other locations.

Thanks sd! The officer told the regular oaths are every month compared to name change ones 4-5 times/year! Different stories we hear every time. Anyways will wait and watch and post my update.
Thanks.

Oath Ceremony at King Center

Hi all,
Well, so it finally happened - I had my oath ceremony today at King's Concert Hall in Denver. About 160 people from over 50 countries were naturalized.
And here's how it went:
My letter said to arrive at 12PM, I was there at 11:30 and soon was checked in - there were 2 tables, one to check in people with the last 3 digits of alien # below 499, and another for people with the A# > 500. The wait was quite long but it went fast. We were seated in the concert hall, with a warning to stay at our assigned seats because the certificates were put in order as to match the seats. The ceremony was scheduled to start at 1:00PM, but since people were checked in quickly, we started as soon as immigration judge arrived (still just a little before 1). After a short speech the judge gave about the rights and responsibilities of the new citizens the lady officer started to call the names of the countries, and each member of the called country was to stand up. Then we said the oath (and I tried so hard not to smile because my husband and my friend Mary were prancing around trying to take pictures, and that was a funny sight...:)) and the oath to the flag. After that, row by row, we were called up to the stage to receive naturalization certificate. I was in the first row, went up the stage, got my certificate, took a picture with the judge and that's it...:D
And, sd12, despite your clear and fair advice, we did get a parking ticket...my husband thought the ceremony will be at 12 as stated on the letter, so he put only 2 hrs worth of coins...well, I will not take it as "welcome to America" greeting, and will not consider this ticket mine, but his..he he
Best of luck to all still going through the immigration process!

Waterpony said:
Hi all,
Well, so it finally happened - I had my oath ceremony today at King's Concert Hall in Denver. About 160 people from over 50 countries were naturalized.
And here's how it went:
My letter said to arrive at 12PM, I was there at 11:30 and soon was checked in - there were 2 tables, one to check in people with the last 3 digits of alien # below 499, and another for people with the A# > 500. The wait was quite long but it went fast. We were seated in the concert hall, with a warning to stay at our assigned seats because the certificates were put in order as to match the seats. The ceremony was scheduled to start at 1:00PM, but since people were checked in quickly, we started as soon as immigration judge arrived (still just a little before 1). After a short speech the judge gave about the rights and responsibilities of the new citizens the lady officer started to call the names of the countries, and each member of the called country was to stand up. Then we said the oath (and I tried so hard not to smile because my husband and my friend Mary were prancing around trying to take pictures, and that was a funny sight...:)) and the oath to the flag. After that, row by row, we were called up to the stage to receive naturalization certificate. I was in the first row, went up the stage, got my certificate, took a picture with the judge and that's it...:D
And, sd12, despite your clear and fair advice, we did get a parking ticket...my husband thought the ceremony will be at 12 as stated on the letter, so he put only 2 hrs worth of coins...well, I will not take it as "welcome to America" greeting, and will not consider this ticket mine, but his..he he
Best of luck to all still going through the immigration process!

Congratulations for becoming US Citizen.
Regarding traffic ticket, Darn It !
But hey, it made the day even more eventful and plus you now have a
good story to tell about the day you became US citizen :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is still pending

I filed my N-400 on 10/25/2005 and did FP in Jan/2006.
My interview was on 2/27/2006 and the officer said I should get an oath ceremony notice before April/2006.

BUT! my case is still pending.
I sent a mail inquiry to Denver DO but no luck.
I had an infopass late June and found out that the court sent my file back to Nebraska !!!

The officer ordered my file back to Denver during my infopass visit.
The officer said she had no idea why they sent my file to Nebraska at all.
She said it would take up to 30 days to receive my file back.

Any advise when I would go back and check my case again?
Should I really go ahead 1447(b) suit? Any advise about the lawyer who is affordable and reliable?

goboulder said:
My interview was on 2/27/2006 and the officer said I should get an oath ceremony notice before April/2006.

Should I really go ahead 1447(b) suit? Any advise about the lawyer who is affordable and reliable?

My suggestion: As long as you are not stuck in the name check nightmare, I would recommend that you wait it out. Things are quite fast in Denver DO. Check with them on a regular basis by taking an infopass appointment. Lawyer who is affordable and reliable - :D :D :D

goboulder said:

I sent a mail inquiry to Denver DO but no luck.
I had an infopass late June and found out that the court sent my file back to Nebraska !!!

The officer ordered my file back to Denver during my infopass visit.
The officer said she had no idea why they sent my file to Nebraska at all.
She said it would take up to 30 days to receive my file back.

If you are not in a big rush, wait for 30 days and then follow-up with
info pass. If that doesn't work, follow-up through senators office.
If it is just a matter of receiving file from Nebrasca, I bet your case will
be resloved soon.

Finally, received the oath letter today.

Wednesday, July 19 2006
8:30AM

USCIS
3001 South Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80236
Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater, RM1, GT1

Mailed on May 3 2006 by priority mail
Delivered on May 8
Check cashed on May 11
PD May 8
ND May 16
Received notice on May 18
Got fingerprint notice on June 3 with June 9 appointment date. Had to go
out of town on June 9. So went to the office on June 3rd itself and had the
fingerprints taken.

Got the interview letter on June 27th with interview scheduled for July 31st.

Oath

IMMPORTAL_USER said:
Finally, received the oath letter today.

Wednesday, July 19 2006
8:30AM

USCIS
3001 South Federal Blvd.
Denver, CO 80236
Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater, RM1, GT1

Congratulation. No oath letter yet. I am still waiting as I was told my oath is scheduled for July 28th. Will keep you posted

Hello all,

I will become a citizen on the ceremony that will be held on July 19. I need to travel abroad the following weekend. What do you suggest. Is there anyway I can expedite the passport. Do you have any ideas. I appreciate your help.