Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

No Oath Letter yet.

Hi SD12,

No, I did not have oath letter yet, I had my interview in Denver on Apr 24th.
Happay trigger - Any update from your side.

Thanks,
Sunil

Sunil,
No letter yet. I wrote a letter to the officer who interviewed me three weeks ago and hasn't receive any response either.

oath

I am thinking of visiting the Denver office to ask when would we get the Oath letter, but the 1st available appt. is on the 20 of Jun. any advice?

Mailed on May 3 2006 by priority mail
Delivered on May 8
Check cashed on May 11
PD May 8
ND May 16
Received notice on May 18
Got fingerprint notice on June 3 with June 9 appointment date. Had to go
out of town on June 9. So went to the office on June 3rd itself and had the
fingerprints taken.

YES2 said:
I am thinking of visiting the Denver office to ask when would we get the Oath letter, but the 1st available appt. is on the 20 of Jun. any advice?

I agree with Rocky_400. Go ahead and take an appointment, just in case.
Hopefully you will receive oath letter by end of next week for June ceremony.
(I had received it 3 weeks prior to oath)

Oath

Thank you everyone.
Actually I was able to get a last minute appt. with Denver office for this morning. After inquiring about my oath I was told that I was scheduled 7/28/06 ceremony. June ceremony was already full. SD12 is right the officer told me that usually you get the letter about 3 weeks prior to the oath

Great YES2. I am happy for you.
Well deserved one.

Friendly advice for all who will be attending oath @ Kenneth King Center in downtown Denver area :

If you are taking your car to oath ceremony, carry enough 1$, 5$ bills and some coins to ceremony for parking.

The whole day parking is 5 $ or something. (Also depends on which parking lot you park in)

I saw many people fumbling for cash as its parking ticket machines, at least where I had parked, were cash only and only allowed coins and 1$, 5$ bills (no 20$ bills)

Luckily I had plenty of quarters in my car to make up 5$ as I was planning to take my car to one of those coin operated car washes (but never did).
20$ bills in my wallet were useless.

Those who parked without buying proper parking permit got parking tickets/fine by the time ceremony was over. That must be a bummer !
First citation as US citizen within minutes after oath ceremony :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath letter missing in the mail.

I got a letter from USCIS that I did not show up for the oath ceremony on May 26th. I guess the notice got lost in the mail between me changing addresses and Seinfeld's Newman's mail bag. The letter states that I will be notified when USCIS reschedules it.

Any suggestions on the approach to take next? Should I just wait for it to be rescheduled? Or should I contact them to see what is happening?

I would suggest taking an appointment at Denver DO just to make sure and find out when they have scheduled your oath.

sd12 said:
I would suggest taking an appointment at Denver DO just to make sure and find out when they have scheduled your oath.

Thanks sd12. I guess our timelines did match after all. :)

I will find out about the re-scheduled date at the Denver DO. Atleast the letter stating that I did not show up for the oath was sent to the new address.

Re-Scheduled Oath

Took an infopass appt today and met with the officer. She looked up my file and updated it with my new address. Most probably July oath date. June is completely full.

IMMPORTAL_USER said:
Took an infopass appt today and met with the officer. She looked up my file and updated it with my new address. Most probably July oath date. June is completely full.

Excellent ! Looks like you will be citizen pretty soon.
(May be if you are lucky, there will be a special July 4th ceremony that you
can attend)

Thanks for your suggestion sd12. Looks like it takes a long time before my file in Denver gets updated with the address change. It was a good suggestion to meet them in person.

A bit disappointed that I could not complete the N400 process last month. Well, better late than never. The officer did not mention any special July 4th ceremony, so I guess it is the July 28th date as you had mentioned in your previous post.

sd12 said:
Excellent ! Looks like you will be citizen pretty soon.
(May be if you are lucky, there will be a special July 4th ceremony that you
can attend)

No future dates at the King Center

I checked the King Center website today and found that apart from the June 26th date, all other ceremonies have been removed from the calendar. Not sure where it is going to be held. BTW makes me wonder if the June date is still valid as no one seems to have received the June date. Plus we get this consistent story that June is completely full. Any ideas anyone?

sd12 said:
FYI: Future naturalization ceremonies are :

5/26/2006 Fri 7:30 AM 2:30 PM A) Naturalization
6/30/2006 Fri 7:30 AM 2:30 PM A) Naturalization
7/28/2006 Fri 7:30 AM 2:30 PM A) Naturalization
8/11/2006 Fri 7:30 AM 2:30 PM A) Naturalization

I did visit the USCIS Denver office last week and I was told that the Jun oath is full and my oath is scheduled for July 28 but the officer at the window did not mention where the oath is going to be held!! I was also told that there are about 600 people for the July Oath. so i really wonder what is going on!!

There is a USCIS location mentioned on their website. Not sure if that can hold 600 people. Which leaves us with the Veterans center in Denver. Google search showed that it has been held there before. Was really hoping for a 4th of July date.

YES2 said:
I did visit the USCIS Denver office last week and I was told that the Jun oath is full and my oath is scheduled for July 28 but the officer at the window did not mention where the oath is going to be held!! I was also told that there are about 600 people for the July Oath. so i really wonder what is going on!!

King Center's concert hall capacity is approx. 350 people.
Thats why when we had approx 300 people naturalized on May 26, lot of people (i.e. friends, families of those who were naturalized) had to wait outside.
May be thats why they are looking for larger place for bigger ceremonies (especially if they are having 600 applicants in July, no way that could fit in
King's center concert hall)
I haven't been to place across Denver DO where they used to have oaths, but from what I read, those ceremonies used to be fairly small (50 to 75 people)
So I would guess for larger ceremonies they will have to go to bigger location such as Denver Civic Center etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks sd12 for your continued input.

I guess rather than speculate on whats going to happen just wait for another 3-4 weeks and the letter should state it. No use doing endless searches on finding a location that will not bring the ceremony any closer.