Denied Entry on B1

yossarian84

Hi
I had a B1 Visa, but on my first visit to the States I was denied entry and my visa was cancelled. The reason given was that I needed an L1 Visa for the work I was supposed to do there.
Does anyone know if this action would have any serious repercussions? What are the odds of me getting a US VISA in the future? Is this incident going to weigh heavily against me? What abt VISA for other countries?

yossarian84 said:
Hi
I had a B1 Visa, but on my first visit to the States I was denied entry and my visa was cancelled. The reason given was that I needed an L1 Visa for the work I was supposed to do there.
Does anyone know if this action would have any serious repercussions? What are the odds of me getting a US VISA in the future? Is this incident going to weigh heavily against me? What abt VISA for other countries?

I think you must have told that you are going to work for a company with yor B1 on your first trip to US. that is the reason you are denied entry.

Try this time L1 with your company.

yossarian84 said:
Hi

Were you ordered deported or did u request for "withdraw the application for entry to the U.S". If it is the former, would trigger a 5 year bar.