Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

Same Boat

Mottu Singh i am just expecting an interview around that time [Feb]
the consulate in Delhi ,said to expect so.
Re: my wifes medical as 824 advised it looks reasonable. if you have any Q.s e-mail me at viswa_k@yahoo.com or pvt msg we can talk it out

Reposting my questions

1) Do we need to take photographs for the medical checkup as well, if yes, how many, what style (passport/immigration style)

2) Do people know how many days before should we make a doctor appointment?

3) Regarding the photographs needed for packet 4, should they be glossy or matte type. (I remember some posting about this wherein someone said that it should be matte type)

PCC Confusion increases....

I just finished up talking to a lady at the consulate. Asked her about PCC, here it goes.

I asked her that Packet 4 mentions that we need 2 PCC\'s, one from RPO and other from police station. She said yes, I told her I am in US and I confirmed 2 days back that PCC from Indian consulate is sufficient, is that correct. She says yes that will take care of the local police station certificate but you still need to get it from RPO. I explained her that if we are in US we cannot get PCC from RPO, and consulate here actually stamps your passport and gives a PCC that comes via RPO only... At this time she was confused, she told me that I come to the interview, if the officer doesn\'t ask for PCC I am fine. If he does and what I have is insufficient, he will give me some days to get the required PCC and then issue the visa...
At this point I was totally confused too...
What the hell is going on at Delhi embassy? Every day the information about PCC changes...

police certificate

Guys,
        For CP in india, what kind of police certificate you need.
I was told by my lawyer that we need police certificate from all
the cities where I lived for 6 months or more.
How do I get the police crtificate?? Will the police certificate
from indian consulate in US work??

Thanks
Nagendra

how long it takes to get PCC from consulate

How long does it take to get PCC from Indian Consulate SFO If I have
Passport from Mumbai and Calcutta??

Thanks
Nagendra

All Delhi Jan 2002 interviewees.. Pls post contact details on

SudhirKumar "Contact details of Jan CPiers @ Delhi;" 12/20/01 11:20am

Any comments on this (reposting)

I talked yesterday to a lady at the consulate. Asked her about PCC, here it goes.

I asked her that Packet 4 mentions that we need 2 PCC\'s, one from RPO and other from police station. She said yes, I told her I am in US and I confirmed 2 days back that PCC from Indian consulate is sufficient, is that correct. She says yes that will take care of the local police station certificate but you still need to get it from RPO. I explained her that if we are in US we cannot get PCC from RPO, and consulate here actually stamps your passport and gives a PCC that comes via RPO only... At this time she was confused, she told me that I come to the interview, if the officer doesn\'t ask for PCC I am fine. If he does and what I have is insufficient, he will give me some days to get the required PCC and then issue the visa...

PCC from other countries always required for CP

but never for AOS. This is one of the advantages of AOS.
(not valid for india upto now as we didn\'t have to get PCC anyway)

OF part II & DS-230 part I

Hi,

I have just received packet 4 documents, prepared by my lawyer for interview. I have cross checked with the list given by Sudhir and
few friends here. I have following 2 items missing. Are these really
needed or not.

# OF-230 form part II.
# DS-230 part I.

Is OF-230 part II is same as DS part II ??

Please let me know.

Regds

That will be awesome!

Would definitely be a great help. Wish you the very best for your interview.

Good Luck, Dude!

message for CP2GC

hi,

I think tat would be great.

IS there any way we can be touch in delhi on phone or something.

I am going to RPO delhi on 26th dec to apply for PCC.

write to me at DJSR73@HOTMAIL.COM.(with your delhi contact details) for my delhi Phone number so that we can be in touch and be helful to each other.

dil

djsr73: PCC see link below

www.immigrationportal.comiamforcp "$$$$$$$$$$$$ Breaking News - Local Police Clearence certificate - New Delhi $$$$$$$$$$$" 12/22/01 10:03am

No way in Delhi one can get Local PCC until SP /DCP is your relative/Cousin/Friend

It seems they have a ruling not to give local PCC

see private message