Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

PCC and Interview Date question ??

My P3 reached Delhi on Nov-2 and still I can\'t see my case in Jan\'02 Interview list My case number NWD200077*** and I can see the string 78 , 79 but not my case ... Any suggestions ??? I tried calling Delhi at 419-8062 but line is always busy .. Please let me know any alternate number ..
About PCC -- I was in India last month and I had taken PCC from Regional passport office - GBD , Do i still need a PCC from CGY- NY ..
Please advise ...
Thanks .

Folks, I think as long as we have a US PCC and a copy of the circular prohibiting local police stati

Moreover, my parents have already confirmed with my local police station (Defense Colony, New Delhi) that they stopped issuing PCCs over 2 years back. The request has to go through the RPO.

Same Boat

Hello ME2GC,

When is your wife expecting here delivery date? Did you get a confirmation from the New Delhi Consulate about your interview date, or you are assuming you will get February date?
My wife is also carrying. So I was trying to get a date from them which will be safe for her travel. I am also hoping for a february interview date.

It would be nice if we can share some information with each other. As far the Shots are concerned, the if the doctor has given a letter saying that only the following shots can be taken by the person, then that will be acceptable by the Embassy, they can not play someone\'s life. So all you need to do is get a letter from your OB.

Thanx

Appointment letter from consulate

hi ... Has anybody with jan interview date, received appt. letters from the US Consulate-Delhi or asked a friend/relative to collect the same from the consulate?

In the latter case, any idea what documentation the consulate expects to release the appt. letter & other documentation to a friend/relative?

regards

PS - My interview is scheduled for Jan 15 at Delhi. I will be departing from Houston. Anyone travelling from this part of US and has an interview around the same time?

Dude Ap: Do you have this circular??

If we can get hold of this circular and have a copy it will be all we need!

gcquery

My interview is in Delhi on 14 Jan. I am leaving USA from Dallas and entering from Atlanta.

Hey: Do you have Birth Cert of just affadavit & non avail cert? R U born after 1970??

List of documents for Packet 4

My Dad was able to collect packet 4 from the embassy yesterday.

So, I am writing below the list of documents that packet 4 says one has to bring to the interview, (in case people are curious)

1) Appointment letter
2) OF and DS-230, I and II for each member
3) Passport
4) 2 photographs
5) Birth certificate
6) Marriage Certificate
7) Divorce decree
8) Police certificates
9) Court and Prison records
10) Evidence of financial support, I 864 / I 134
11) Medical examination
12) Demand Drafts

There is also an additional leaflet that says that beginning from January 01, police certificates from India are required.

My Dad also asked at the inquiry window about PCC and the person said that PCC from consulate in US should be enough.

I think I am just going to take PCC from consulate only, getting PCC from local police station is next to impossible unless SP is your close friend/relative...

No I don\'t. But I\'ll ask my dad to pay a visit to the police station and request for a copy of the

Guys here is a thought.

If they are making PCC compulsory for CP, it has to be done for I-485 also. Otherwise it will be discrimination.
If I-485 also has this requirement, people have to get PCC from Indian Consulate in the US as they cannot get it from India without their physical presence. The reason most people opt for I-485 is that they do not want to travel and deal with India procedures/bureaucracy.

So bottomline, PCC from Indian Consulate is a sufficient document for GC for people residing in the US.
What do u guys say????

Meerut1...................Your Packet 3 reached New Delhi consulate ....but was it entered in the sy

If not then You will not have a interview date even in Feb.....

Hurry and call the embassy....

call at 419-8000 and ask him for Immigration visa section

By the way : How long Did it take You to get a PCC from Ghaziabad Passport office

Where is your passport issued from ?

U dont need PCC from USA

Couple of more questions for Jan CP\'ers.

1) Do we need to take photographs for the medical checkup as well, if yes, how many, what style (passport/immigration style)

2) Do people know how many days before should we make a doctor appointment?

3) Regarding the photographs needed for packet 4, should they be glossy or matte type. (I remember some posting about this wherein someone said that it should be matte type)

PCC and Interview Date question ??

At GBAD Passport office , People charge Rs3000 and complete all work in 2 weeks and my passport was issused from Brailley .
Are you sure about PCC from USA if I already have one from India ?
Is it mandatory to call New Delhi for entering Pac3 in system ?
I tried calling 419-8062 ( as told by 419-8000 ) and it\'s always busy .