Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

Folks, probably you already have list of the documents needed for interview but :

I have downloaded the post of srifx doc list which has been described as Bible for interview as various CPers. I also have formatted it in MS-word to make it easily readable.

See the attachments.

Thanks
Vishal

Documents and PCC

I tried to get PCC from India - my friend talked to the Police Commisioner. He said that the procedure for people in USA to apply for PCC is through the embassy near their place of residence only. He even showed a document which said this. I am trying to get hold of that document - but it looks like we are safe with PCC from CGI in USA.

Also, I am carrying these additional document just in case:

-Company annual report
-All Educational Documents and job offer/exp letters

There seem to be very few people having Delhi interview in Jan in this Forum??? Anyone else with Jan 14?

SudhirKumar, Vishal Gupta, Sanjay234, gh2, nitin140, cp_waiter1 or other Jan Delhi people: Did you make travel arrangements or get P4??

I am leaving on Dec 23.

Did anybody hand delivered the faxed P3

Friends, I\'m planning to fax my P3 to my friend in Delhi and then get it hand delivered to US consulater..it gives me a fighting chance to get Feb interview...
I\'d appreciate if any of u guys can confirm whether the US consulate accepts the faxed forms, hand delivered to them.
Secondly, my P3 has not yet been sent to US consulate from NVC, can I get the AC140 and get that faxed and hand delivered...
Thanks for your time and suggestions...
ALL THE BEST to all the Jan CPers :)

Raj : I amwaiting for consulate to post the P4 to my US address. When they will post the P4

to my address I may ask my parents to collect the duplicate copy from consulate. Anyway, my attorney\'s office have already completed P4 after downloading it from Web...

My interview date is January 30th. Since I was expecting February date I never made any arrangements so far. Since today morning, my wife & me have started looking into putting up the docs togather, looking for ticket deals etc..etc...

Just a heads up : I saw a post from oracle_dba regarding December interview experience that he was asked for apartment rental lease certificate, Bank account verification letter etc..which is quite unusal....). Moreover one other user was aked for ds-1743(employment verification affidavit)(search for tsk one AND oracle_dba)...what do you guys think about it ??

I live in silicon Valley(Sunnyvale). In case anybody having January New Delhi interview & live in the same area, lets talk & meet so that we could arrange the journey in more efficient way.(In case you feel it appropriate!!!)

Sudhir, Any luck over finalising the tickets ?

Thanks
Vishal

Still looking. Most probably I will finalise 16th Jan outgoing and 17th Feb coming back by AIr Franc

$ 954 per ticket. I have blocked it will finalise on reconfirming my interview date on sunday night from Embassy.

Raj10 lucky guy travelling 3 weeks in advance.

I will get my P4 collected this week. Will update on new developments.
I am planning to leave Jan 16th and return Feb 17th.

Draft Payable to Whom?

Plese let me know to whom the drafts ($260 and $65) should be made payable to?

Thanks,

format of PCC from passport office.

HI All,

Do anyone know the format of PCC from passport office. Did anyone get
issued please help me.
Any idea, what is a format of consulate PCC, i guess that should be same as passport office PCC.

Thanks

Raj: my interview 15th Jan, delhi

Hi Raj,

My interview is on 15th Jan. and my flight is on 23rd Dec. from Detroit.(BA).

which flight r u taking?

and what about PCC?????

your can also write back to me @ djsr73@hotmail.com

Sanjay see my post in JAN 2002 INTERVIEW THREAD for the format of PCC from CGNY.

raj10 "LETS START JAN 2002 APPOINTMENT, DELHI THREAD." 12/5/01 11:56am

Thanks for the info about TID

Yes I will be filing the tax return for the first time after getting married, will rush to the IRS office tomorrow to get a TID for my wife.
I didn\'t realize TID is must for CP, I doubt though that she will get TID before I leave US, will take the receipt as somebody suggested.

Guys, can\'t we just fill "NONE" if we don\'t have TID on form 9003.

Vishal, yes I live in Silicon Valley too, please check your private.

cp_waiter1, If your wife has never filed taxes here. I think it is alright to mention NONE at this t

They send the IRS9003 info to IRS for discrepancies.
Since she has never filed taxes here it should be fine.

djsr73

am flying Air France from Dallas on 23 Dec.

got PCC from consulate here - tried from local police station from india - unsuccessfully.
Will try from RPO after going to India.
I think mostly consulate PCC if enough. Lets see.

No Title

have to travel in Dec due to forced company holiday. Thankfully my interview is in the same timeframe!! :)
BTW i am a lucky Gal.

Do not have DS 1743

Company only gave notarised employment letter.
But I know many people like Patta Hara etc. did not carry DS 1743.
R U getting one?

I took my lease too - thanks Vishal

About bank letter, it is required documentation if you file I-134 - it is listed in the instructions, so I think it is needed only for spouse application

Re : Do not have DS 1743

This form is completely new to me. I looked on web but couldn\'t find a fillable copy of it. I will ask my attorney. If they suggest, I will carry it with me. I don\'t think it should be required there.

I never knew that bank verification letter is must. I was under the impression that one only needs to carry the last three months account statements...Thanks you told me that. Am I missing anything else in the list :

1. Standard P4 forms
2. Employment verification letter from company
3. DS-1743(ONLY if suggested by attorney!!)
4. PCC from Indian consulate in SFO
5. I-140, AEC, H1s, education degrees, transcripts
6. experience letters
7. Apartments lease papers
8. Bank verification letter
9. wedding photos, card
10. payrolls
11. Birth cert.
12. Marriage cert.
13. Tax return(last 2 years)

(Corresponding documents for my wife as well).

Thanks
Vishal