Delhi December Interviews

sachingp,

It should take 2-3 weeks to receive the case at Delhi embassy and then 2-3 months to get the interview.

You have to also take into account alren's comment - holidays (somehow all sarkari guys like it). so have patience, take it easy keep sending them mails every 2-3 weeks or call them (if they don't respond to your emails).
You still have a good chance of interview this year.

Good luck to you and all other CPers.

:)

Thanks a lot cpnwd . I hope I get the date soon as getting tickets during or near to Christmas will be extremely difficult

sachingp

sachingp said:
Thanks a lot cpnwd . I hope I get the date soon as getting tickets during or near to Christmas will be extremely difficult

sachingp
Don't you have better options out of UK?

Alren

Consulate has recieved the case and they will be setting up the interview in a month or 2 month time so expect in December . Actually I can take a whole month off in December but January whole of budgeting activity comes along and it becomes very difficult to go for a month .Getting tickets out of UK to any other destination like Dubai or Europe is getting very difficult even now but one need to shell out double the money for tickets

Thanks

sachingp

cp

sachingp:
how did you contact the NWD consulate ? (email or phone). my case was received in sep, still no word on interview.

wonder how to specify that the packet 4 will be picked up at the consulate in Delhi by my brother?

any one do that here?

thanks

shambho said:
wonder how to specify that the packet 4 will be picked up at the consulate in Delhi by my brother?

any one do that here?

thanks

Usually the Consulates send out the Packet 4 to the address mentioned in DS 230 form OR the address indicated by the candidate afterwards.

In parallel Consulates give out duplicate Interview Appointment Letter to the
representative sent by the candidate if for some reason the packet 4 has not
reached the candidate.

For picking up a duplicate Applointment Letter, you don't have to specify anywhere. You just send your representative with full details of your case, like full names, the case number and so on.

The above is not specific to New Delhi Consulate.

Raju

Question

Hi -

Sachin and others, my interview has been scheduled for mid of november. As mentioned earlier in the post, NWD received my case end of august. Hope it helps you guys to calculate your dates.

Question (I have posted this question in one other thread also but for visibility to others I am asking again):

1. The DOB on the interview letter is incorrect. the month and day are swaped. All the documents submitted to the NVC had the correct date. what should I be doing?

2. am I required to carry originals of the I-797 for the I-140 and the labor certification approval?

Thanks

tumpi said:
Hi -

Sachin and others, my interview has been scheduled for mid of november. As mentioned earlier in the post, NWD received my case end of august. Hope it helps you guys to calculate your dates.

Question (I have posted this question in one other thread also but for visibility to others I am asking again):

1. The DOB on the interview letter is incorrect. the month and day are swaped. All the documents submitted to the NVC had the correct date. what should I be doing?

{You don't have to do anything at this point. However it is important that
this mistake does not carry to your Immigrant visa. Make sure to bring this
to the notice of the Consular officer and get it corrected in their system}

2. am I required to carry originals of the I-797 for the I-140 and the labor certification approval?

{These are not required per the consulate.But most of the candidates do carry them as secondary evidence. If you can carry them with you. Even copies are OK}

Thanks

{my responses}

Raju

Thanks Raju

Hi Raju -

Thanks for your answers. I am carrying copies of the documents. Do they need to be attested or simple copies would be good enough.

Thank You

I concur with Raju above. No., they need not be atteted. You are just taking them as backup copies. Simple copies will be good enought, if at all you need it.

All

Any one expecting December interview in Delhi consulate . Any replies from Delhi Consulate.

Hope to have December interview case sent to consulate on 6th October

sachingp

dec interview

hi sachin:
my case reached sep 11, i called oct 20 they said interview will be likely in feb 2004! however, last week i received packet 3 dated Oct 8, go figure!
maybe you should call as well and see what they say.

Potential
Do you mean Recieve P4 dated Oct 8 ? Cos I sent my P3 to NVC and would expect them to send me P4 along with Appointment for Interview etc.

Can you please tell How much time it took for Consulate to recieve your Case and issue you interview date ?

Thanks

dec interview

Bhasu:
See, mine is an AC-140 case, hence NVC was never involved.
This is the timeline:
Petition reached NWD sep 11 via Fedex
No response to 4 emails from attorney over one month
Called Embassy Oct 20...got case #, told interview possibly in Feb
Received P3 Oct 26 (Two P3 actually, one dt Oct 8 and other dt Oct 14!!)
Sending P3 back to Embassy next week.
No idea when I will receive P4 and when interview date will be scheduled!!

Hope that helps.
Anyone out there with AC-140 and impending Delhi interview?

did u get the date yet

hey nvc forward my case to nwd on october 15th so when i should expect for interview date and it's IR5 case
:)

Last edited by a moderator: