Delhi December Interviews

Great Going SachinGp ...

Goodluck for your Interview.

Can you pls share when and how you checked your Interview dates? My case was forwarded to Consulate , NDW, on 19th Nov. When I need to contact the consulate for the date?

Thanks

Potential
Hopefully My Interview would be during 1st Half of Feb 2005 ... as my case moved on 19th Nov.

Seems that you should have been on for Dec but sure Jan is a good Shot...

Thanks for the site.

Potential

I think you should start call embassy. My guess is that call every week helps in expediting the process.

Case Sent : 26 July
Learnt abt intv date: 30th Aug
Intv : 20 Oct.

potential said:
Great news SachinGP. Keep us posted.
My case was sent in Sep, still no Dec interview! :eek:

Bhasu:
Just check on the link below to check your # and date.
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhint.html

rseth,

i beg to differ with you. How can calling the embassy every week expedite the process. all that they have to do now is assign an interview date to Potential which they do in the order the case was recd. In my opinion, The only thing that can potentially happen incase you call the embassy every week - they get frustrated and perhaps push your case to the end of the pile.. Also, many ppl have recd a letter confirming transfer from nvc to embassy and suggesting that they DO NOT call the embassy..

Thanks,
Dilbert

rseth123 said:
Potential

I think you should start call embassy. My guess is that call every week helps in expediting the process.

Case Sent : 26 July
Learnt abt intv date: 30th Aug
Intv : 20 Oct.

Dilbert

I agree with you but here is my side of story.

My case reached embassy on 26th July and I started calling them from Aug 10 or so. Every time they use to tell me call next week.

Then on aug 30 (approx) when I called then also heard the same thing but I requested then to re-direct my call to someone in the couslar section.

The nice guy assigned me the case number and also asked me what intv. date you want. We initially tried for 16th Oct and system wasn't accepting that because of saturday. He tried 20th and has given me the intv date of 20th Oct.

dilbert30 said:
rseth,

i beg to differ with you. How can calling the embassy every week expedite the process. all that they have to do now is assign an interview date to Potential which they do in the order the case was recd. In my opinion, The only thing that can potentially happen incase you call the embassy every week - they get frustrated and perhaps push your case to the end of the pile.. Also, many ppl have recd a letter confirming transfer from nvc to embassy and suggesting that they DO NOT call the embassy..

Thanks,
Dilbert

rseth123 said:
Dilbert

rseth123

Seems that you are the lucky one getting someone nice talking to you at the other end...may be you got the guy on his Anniversary ...Usually this does not happen...
Just one thing , how you would know that your case has been recieved at the Consulate ? Is it thru Automated System or just by Phone Call ?

Thanks

Mine was AC-I140, so I was aware when they received the papers because it was sent by my lawyer.

Bhasu said:
rseth123 said:
Dilbert

rseth123

Seems that you are the lucky one getting someone nice talking to you at the other end...may be you got the guy on his Anniversary ...Usually this does not happen...
Just one thing , how you would know that your case has been recieved at the Consulate ? Is it thru Automated System or just by Phone Call ?

Thanks

ac-140, december interview

thanks guys, appreciate the input.
i actually called the embassy 2 weeks ago, they said to check this week and that dec interviews were being scheduled. i guess it will be Jan, i will be shocked if its not even in Jan!
i am thinking of calling them again.
meanwhile the CGNY issued me a PCC with incorrect passport #; i am waiting for 3 weeks for getting the corrected version....this whole process is not for the weak of heart! does anybody know how to actually reach a human being at the Con gen of india in NY? :(

Again the best approach is to call them and keep asking abt the status. There is no harm in trying.

In my case, I sent the passport with $20 Money Order..2 weeks later I received a call that the fees is $40 (20 more for telex) and 1 week after that I received my PP with PCC.
potential said:
thanks guys, appreciate the input.
i actually called the embassy 2 weeks ago, they said to check this week and that dec interviews were being scheduled. i guess it will be Jan, i will be shocked if its not even in Jan!
i am thinking of calling them again.
meanwhile the CGNY issued me a PCC with incorrect passport #; i am waiting for 3 weeks for getting the corrected version....this whole process is not for the weak of heart! does anybody know how to actually reach a human being at the Con gen of india in NY? :(

RSethi

My interview is set for 27th . Can you send me the list of documents you carried for the interview and which doctor you suggest for the medicals

sachingp

Here is the list of documents
1. DS 230 I and II.
2. PCC ( for you and each member of your family).
3. Medicals ( In my case from Appolo)
4. Demand Draft
5. Notarised Employement Letter
6. Valid Passport
7. I 134 ( not required but I submitted it).
8. Copy of W2 (Guy specifically asked for 2003 but I submitted for last 4yrs)

If you have time then go to Apollo. Its cheap (Rs.1450/per applicant) as compare to others and everything under one roof.

sachingp said:
RSethi

My interview is set for 27th . Can you send me the list of documents you carried for the interview and which doctor you suggest for the medicals

sachingp

rseth123 said:
Here is the list of documents
1. DS 230 I and II.
2. PCC ( for you and each member of your family).
3. Medicals ( In my case from Appolo)
4. Demand Draft
5. Notarised Employement Letter
6. Valid Passport
7. I 134 ( not required but I submitted it).
8. Copy of W2 (Guy specifically asked for 2003 but I submitted for last 4yrs)

If you have time then go to Apollo. Its cheap (Rs.1450/per applicant) as compare to others and everything under one roof.
is it appollo hospital?

NWD Consulate

Got reply from NWD Consular section. It says "your case has been recieved and wait for your Interview letter in forthcoming months".

Guess they dont want me to call and enquire in 2 weeks time.

My Case was sent to consulate on 19thNov and seems by date of the email that they recieved on 30th Nov.

Now there remains just one 'little' confusion ... "PD RETROGRESSING" ... :eek:
Lets hope for best ...

AC-140 interview on 12/23/04

Sorry folks,
I've been posting on the 485 forums all these months but finally got tired of waiting and applied for AC-140 in New Delhi and am going for interview on 12/23/04 (leaving US tomorrow).

PD: 05/2003; EB2
140/485 ND : 11/17/03
140 AD: 7/21/04

AC 140 package reached NWD on 9/2/04, interview scheduled for 12/23 after daily phone calls for 3-4 days at the end of November (pleasant experience with phone calls).
Return scheduled for 1/4/05, POE Memphis.
Please wish us luck.

What if we call

In the instructions form consulate, it says do not write r call to consulate
after Pack 3is send to consulate about yourinterview.

Has anbody has called to consulate re this matter?
What was experience?

Good Luck VillageMD. Looking forward to hear your experience. Looks like you just made the priority date barrier.