Delayed arrival to US after H1 approval

ruxil

Registered Users (C)
My brother got his h1 approval and stamping on the passport in October this year. He is working with IBM India and will be leaving them after 6 months. He will be staying in India for next 6 months and then plan to come here to US on his approved h1. His sponsoring company doen not have problem with his late arrival.

My questions:
1. Will there be any problem if he enters US after such a long gap after stamping?
2. Will he need to do anything else before he enters the US?

Any help is really appreciated.

ruxil said:
My brother got his h1 approval and stamping on the passport in October this year. He is working with IBM India and will be leaving them after 6 months. He will be staying in India for next 6 months and then plan to come here to US on his approved h1. His sponsoring company doen not have problem with his late arrival.

My questions:
1. Will there be any problem if he enters US after such a long gap after stamping?
--not a problem
2. Will he need to do anything else before he enters the US?
--- he should get recent US employer letter when he comes to US and show at POE ONLY if asked
Any help is really appreciated.

Can you share h1B stamping experience

Which consulate did he go ? what types of questions were asked ? my brother is going for H1b stamping on late November. He is also working for IBM at India.

Consulate experience

He got his stamping at the Delhi embassy. He did not have any problems. Questions asked:
Q1. How did you find this job?
A1. Applies in response to a newspaper advertisement.

Q2. Why are you leaving IBM and pursuing a job in US?
A2. Following better opportunities.

Q3. Where will you stay in US?
A3. Initially in hotel and then find an apartment.

Let me know if you need any other info.

what type of info was provided ?

When your bother went to consulate, what information he provided in the column that says weither or not your brother or sister or any close relative is living in US ?