Delayed approval for spouse???

astro

Registered Users (C)
Need your advices!!! Delayed approval for spouse???

:confused:

Hi all,

Before giving you questions, I'll let you know my information;

* EB-3
* Receipt Number: LIN-01-235-xxxxx
* RD: The RDs on following forms are different;
on the I-485 Receipt: 06/27/2001
on the Approval Notice: 08/06/2001
* PD: 06/27/2000
* ND: 08/07/2001 (on the I-485 Receipt)
* FD: 12/11/2001
* AD: 07/11/2002 (on the Approval Notice)
* No RFE

I and my son received Approval Notices on 07/15/2002, but my wife didn't receive yet. My questions are;

* Is the delayed approval for spouse common problem in other applicants also?
* Is there any problem to my wife to get her approval?
* If INS will ask my wife to submit something (RFE), typically what kind of RFE materials we should prepare?
* Normally how long will it take to get spouse's approval after getting direct beneficiary's approval?
* Can I and my son get the approval stamps without my wife's approval?
* Is there any expiration date to get the approval stamp on the passport after receiving the Approval Notice? I think I will go to INS to get the stamp at the end of July or a day in August.

I think that I (direct beneficiary) already got the approval, so my wife (derivative) would not have any problem to get her approval, but I'm looking forward to prior applicants' valuable experiences and kind advices. Thanks in advance.

Astro

Last edited by a moderator:
I have same problem

Our preliminary applicant is my wife. She has received approve letter last monday. But I have not receive anythink yet. Also message did not changed. Here are the details.

RD : 03/02/2001
ND : 03/27/2001
FP : 04/04/2002

AD : 07/10/2002 (Only for my wife, not for me yet.)

:confused:

In the same boat

We are also in the same boat. I am the primary applicant and got my approval early this month. But nothing new on my wifes case yet.

We spoke to an IIO, who said call back after 30-45 days, if you don't hear anything from us.

Hillibilly is another user on this forum who is in similar situation. Now-a-days you can see these types of cases, where the primary applicant gets approved and the dependents have to wait for some time....how much time...who knows..

Please post any progress on your case.

Regards,
GCMaster

Astro,

You and your son can go ahead with passport stamping independent of your wife. They are mutually exclusive. I've gotten my passport stamped with out any issues.

GCmaster

By when do I ...?

Dear GCMaster,

Thanks for your kind words.

BTW, is there any expiration date to get the pastport stamp? By when do I and my son should get the passport stamps?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Astro,

I don't know the validity period for the approval notice. However I think you and your son should get the passport stamped at the earliest. It takes about a year to get the plastic card from the date of passport stamping.

Right now there is no indication of any timeframe for your wife's approval. So my recommendation would be not to wait for your wife's approval for your PP stamping.

GCMaster

Logically you should get your passport stamped before expiry of your current work authorization and travel documents (H1,EAD,AP whatever the case maybe).

Thanks a lot, pals!!!

Dear Can Can, GCMaster, and Nachos,

I really appreciate your kind replies. Those are very helpful to me.

Astro

astro

I hope that you got your passport stamped :)

No news about my wife's approval yet. When I called them, they said, call after 3 weeks. Its past 3 weeks now and I will call them soon, even though I believe that calling them doesn't really help. They just read what they see on their computer and do nothing to expedite the process. Still, all we can do is try and be hopeful...

Hillbilly

Today I got a passport stamp...

Hillbilly,

Thanks for your kind words. I and my son got our passport stamps today, and I posted my passport stamping experience on this web site. Thanks again and good luck to your wife's approval. ;)

Astro

This gets me worried...

Seeing you gurus (GCMaster / Hillybilly) in such a situation I get worried...I am wating for approval (seems far still - RD in Dec. 2001).

So, I was wondering here (just to find out the trail), whether it is the dis-continuity of the A# that matters here (if not the LIN# - Lin# discontinuity is common as discussed in one of the previous threads here).

Could you guys confirm the A#s and see whether they were continuous for all those whose spouses are still waiting when the main beneficiary got approved?

Just a hypothesis!

My case also sent to local INS Detroit

Astro;
I have just learned that my case also sent to local INS to Detroit.
Attorney says this days it is common. There is nothing to worry about it. Hopefully se says right.

Best luck to you.

Can Can,

Looks like there is some progress in your case..Congratualtions!!
Do you know when is your expected interview date at Detroit INS.
When did you get married?? Is your marriage date close to your I-485 filing date?? It may be a reason for local INS tranfer. Please throw some light on that.

stillWaiting2,
I've looked up our A#'s and they are infact consecutive. So who knows what might be the reason for delay...Don't worry about it from now on..you got few months to go..enjoy and take things as they come...

Best Regards,
GCMaster

can can

Good luck with Detroit INS. I would be curious to know the answers to GCMaster's questions. I will also check our A#s to see if they are consecutive or not.

HillBilly

We just heard from AVM that my wife's case has been transferred to local INS, Detroit. I read on some other threads that if the difference between date of marriage and I-485 filing date is lessthan six months then there is a possibility of trasfer to local INS. Our case fits into this profile..we have about 4 months time difference.

Can Can does your case fit this profile..update us..

GCMaster

GCMaster

My wife's case has been transferred to Detroit ofice also. What's next?

Any idea as to when they will notify us? What kinds of documents to take? Thanks and regards,

Hillbilly

Hillbilly,

We have to wait for a transfer notice..which may have some info as to why the case was trasferred. After that we have to wait to hear back from Detroit INS for an interview date. Based on some other transfer cases I've seen on this forum its taking about 3-4 months for an interview at Detorit INS. At this rate we can expect our spouses interview somewhere in the month of Oct-Nov.

In terms of documents to take...I think we have to take the complete case history..so that you can produce any document they want to verify...or may be wait until you get the transfer notice which may elucidate more.

What is the time difference between your marraige date and I-485 date in your case?

Regards,
GCMaster

I am also in the same boat.
My case got approved last week but my wife's case is still under processing.
Let's hope to get the approval soon.

Reply to GC Master

Yes, my case also fits in to that. We got married 3 months before the I-485 filed.

Transfer Notice

I have also received transfer notice last friday saying my case has been trnsfered to Detroit local office. It does not give any more information.