Delayed approval for spouse???

Marriage time is not the main reason!!!

:confused:

Dear all pals in same boat,

We have been married for slightly over 10 years as of now, but my wife doesn't receive her Approval Notice.

Therefore marriage time (especially less than 6 months) is not the main reason of delayed approval for spouse, I think.

I just made a phone call to IIO of NSC. The IIO didn't tell me the reason of delay because he should talk with my wife directly instead of me. He only says that my wife's case is not approved yet. My wife will call IIO again to check up her details.

Astro

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife's 485 approval delayed

I have applied for my 485 at NSC along with my wife from minneapolis. Only mine got aporoved. Iam unable to get through the number 402-323-7830 to find the status or any reason. so far have any one contacted NSC to find out what could be the cause for delay in spouse's approval?

Astro,

I agree with you..that six month syndrome is not the "only reason" why cases get transferred to local INS. Some times they transfer cases randomly. Assuming that everything else is in place this "six month" period seems to explain a lot of similar cases like ours. But who knows the exact criterion they use to tranfer cases to local INS.

GCMaster

astro,

I think these days IBIS check is performed before approval of
I-485 and that check is valid for 35 days, so it is better to get
your passport stamped before that check expires, many local
INS district offices take 1 day to go thru IBIS check if required
again but I would go for stamping before it gets expired.

delayed approval for spouse

details

PD 99 Jun
AD 02 May for Primary Applicant

RFE for spouse May 2002 replied same month

FP renewal Aug 15 2002

No news yet

Any Updates guys?

Thnx