Delay in I-485 approval RD 4/2001- Help!

Update on my case:

The senator's office just contacted me saying I am being issued an RFE. They do not know for what, but that I should get it in a couple of weeks.

Lets see how it goes.

NSC_485_wait

NSC_485_wait

Great! That's good progress.

I have no news on my case, last month I was told that my file has been assigned to an examiner.

Stay in touch.

Good Luck!

No news on my case either. I was told that my case was assigned to an examiner on September 26.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Good luck to all.

Does anybody have any news about the processing of I-485 filed around april 2001?
We have been waiting for tooooooooooo long.

Second Fingerprinting notice - MAY RD/ND

Hi All,

I am in need of help and suggestion. My RD/ND is MAY 2001. I had my Fingerprinting in Feb 2002. I also got a RFE for birth affidavit. It has been more than 4 months since INS received the response to RFE. Each single day I am waiting for approval and now today I get a Second Fingerprinting notice. I am in a fix, what do I do? Is there anyone with a similar situation?

Please Help. Really appreciate your response.

Also can I go before the scheduled date for my Fingerprinting?

Thanks again!!

RFE - update

Update:

Just got the RFE notice today. RFE for employment letter. Guessing that would be so, since my case is taking so long. Shall try to respond to INS by next week.

My details:
RD 02/01
ND 03/01
FP 02/02

NSC_485_wait

Re: RFE - update

NSC_485_wait

I am very glad about you at least some progress in your case hopefully you are very close to approval.

Questions for you: Has your online status changed or what does it says now? How did you contacted your senator through an email or called their office.

Thanks and Good Luck!

For gx=cwaitguy:

gcwaitguy:

Yes, the online message has changed for me. It says,
"On October 10, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains ..."

And I did also get the RFE notice. It is for employment verification. My spouse did not get any notice, nor did the online message change.

As for senator's office, I contacted them by email first. Then they contacted me in about 2-3 weeks. Initially they could not work on my case, since the processing dates had retrogressed to 01/24/01. After that they started working on my case, and they were the first to notify me about the RFE. A few days later the online message changed and then I got the letter.

Hope this helps. Hopefully all of us will get our approval soon.

Good luck to all of us!!!

NSC_485_wait

Re: For gx=cwaitguy:

NSC_485_wait,

Thanks man for such a detail response, it helps a lot. I wish you get your approval soon.

I am still waiting on my case. RD/ND are in April 2001 so may be I hear some thing soon.

Thx..

Good Luck!

Hello NSC_485_Wait:

I'm glad to hear that you have some progress on your case. Hopefully you will get your approval soon.
Your case provide some light for those who has RD around March,
April 2001.
We are still waiting..... Nobody knows how long?

LongLoangWait

To Longloangwait

Longloangwait:

I know exactly how you feel. Have you tried contacting senator's office? Since your RD is 03/01 (correct?), senator's office will be able to work on your case and find out the status, since processing dates are now 04/01. Calling IIO's are useless - that's how I feel and have stopped calling them the past two months.

Also, the other members in this thread: gcwaitguy, Frustration - all their cases have been assigned in last week of September. So looks like your case might be assigned to an officer too. Hopefully all of us will get our approval soon.

Good luck to all of us!!

NSC_485_wait

Re: To Longloangwait

I agree with NSC_485_wait . It is waste of time calling INS. Better get in touch with your senator office.

On Rupnet.com, I do not see any new approval for April'2001 or before may be people in these months have stopped updating the info but approvals for July, Aug and Sept are coming at regular pace. Any idea's..

Hello All;
Thank you for the hope. As you know, I have
talked with senator etc, they didn't have any help at all.
As my attoney talked with NSC on Oct 2, my case still not
assign to an officer yet.
I have a friend who's RD Nov, 2000, he is still waiting.
I really hope all the old cases like us could get approve soon.
We really have been waiting too long.

Hello All;

Today I called IIO and to my surprise I was told that my case has not been assigned to any officer and they are still waiting on security check. Last month I was told it has been assigned to a officer on 9/24/01.

It is a total hopeless situation.

Thx...

This is really too bad. What's going on with NSC.
I am going to call them tomorrow to see what status my case is in because I was told 3 weeks ago that my case was assigned to an officer on September 26.
Why cann't they process our cases which were filed 18 months ago while they are processing those cases filed in october 2001.

I just checked online status for my case and I found this message:"On October 23, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."
This means they are working on my case.
RD 04/2001
ND 04/2001
FP 05/2002
I was told three weeks ago that my case was assigned to an examiner on September 26.

I feel bad....

I feel for all you guys....
but maintain your optimism.. Remember many people put their papers in last April 2001 because of the 245i law.... INS keeps all these files on a stack and they work at the top of the stack (newer cases) first... and then go down... the important thing is you have not been rejected...
Keep your spirits up!!! plus if nebraska says that they are only in 4/1/01 it must be because they have some of those....

Still On Roads....

Frustation, I am glad to know about the progress in your case. Hopefully you will have your approval soon.

I am still on roads, last month IIO told my case has been assigned on 9/24 but on 10/23 I was told by IIO that since my security check has not been done so still it is not assigned, she was not able to explain that why I was given a different picture last month.

Any way I am still hopeful, I have now contacted the senator offce, I know their answer but I think there is nothing to loose.

Good Luck!

Folks
Me too in the same boat.
My RD is 04/09
ND is 04/26
FP is 08/20
But still holding my nerves taking the INS bullshit. I contacted senator's office and they said that currently working on 04/01 cases. That's a big lie says my lawyer. I donno. I'm just preparing not to care about it. Hope to hear some good news from some corner.
Good luck all.