Delay in I-485 approval RD 4/2001- Help!

gcwaitguy

Registered Users (C)
My RD for I-485 is 4/25/01 but till date I have not heard anything about my approval. AVM even after lapse of 17 months gives me the same initial message, it says nothing about my FP or processing status etc. IIO has been approached several times through Attorney but it has been of no use. Lately my attorney told that NSC is not accepting phone calls (???). Is there any one in same boat like me and what should I be doing to get my case moved further. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

OK..here's my take

hi bud
Firstly..was ur I-140 approved for CP??That seems to screw things up,as far as NSC is concerned.

Next: The best thing would be to contact a senator (go to www.senate.gov to locate the senator nearest to you)

*But* since NSC's official processing date itself is Jan 24th 2001,they might not entertain senators either.
I would suggest try speaking to an IIO yourself,wait a couple of weeks to see if NSC's official processing date changes,and once it crosses ur ND (They *DO NOT* process in terms of RD,but ND)
contact ur senator ASAP.

I hope things work out for you bud
cheers
JAck

Re: OK..here's my take

Thank you very much Jack. Your inputs are greatly appreciated and I will move accordingly.

I have a question, and I am sorry about that - what is CP?

With Best Regards.

sure..no problem..CP is

Consular Processing...so if ur I-140 was approved for CP,but u chose to go for I-485,that can cause a delay in processing..many of the I-485 older forms were vague,and hence,the lawyer went ahead and "checked" the box with CP option,too,mentioning the country of CP desired.So even if u dint want such a thing,if ur lawyer used an older form,it may be the case.
Or - I-140 "connection" delays (NSC cannot "connect" original I-140 approval with the I-485 case,and hence this causes delays..again..these are all my takes based on what I hear from colleagues and people on this forum...)
All the best bud
cheers
Jack

are you current in paying your lawyer

I wonder when he says NSC is not accepting any phone calls lately,he is trying to not to talk to you!

Same Boat

RD 05/10/01
FP1 08/31/01
FP2 11/23/01

Married

App for Spouse in Feb 02

FP Spouse 04/02

RFE 1 07/ 02 (Employment etc)
RFE 2 08/02 (G325A) for both of us

FP 3 09/02

Waiting Approval

How much Longer?

waiting for approval - how long?

Hi,

I am in similar/worse situation. RD/02/01, ND 03/01, FP 02/02. Talked to IIO's, last two times they said my file has moved, and is in the process (?) of being assigned. The AVM message never changed, says the same initial thing. Senator's office says we should wait until the current processing date of NSC (01/24/01) changes.

God knows how long the waiting game is going to be.

Re: waiting for approval - how long?

Dear NSC_485_wait

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully we can hear some thing soon. I need little advice how can I approach senator office, by email or by calling ove rthe phone, what type of information I need to give them. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: waiting for approval - how long?

gcwaitguy,

Find out who the senator(s) are from your state from the web. You can email/call them. After about 2-3 weeks, they will assign your case to a case worker who will try to contact INS (provided the current processing date is prior to your RD).

Hope this helps.

Re: Re: waiting for approval - how long?

Dear NSC_485_wait

Any update on your case, mine is still in same situation no progress.

Thx...

Re: Re: waiting for approval - how long?

Dear gcwaitguy,

NO updates on my case either. We are all in the same boat.

Longloangwait, nhoj, any updates on your cases?

NSC_485_wait

Re: Re: Re: waiting for approval - how long?

Dear NSC_485_wait,

This is a very frustating wait, by the way what is your RD/ND. did your AVM ever got updated.

It looks like regardless of NSC offical processing date of I/2001, they are still issuing new ones.

Thx..

Hi,

I am in the same boat!

RD: 04/13/2001
ND: 04/27/2001
FP: 06/09/2001

Spouse FP: 04/09/2002 (!!!)

RFE: 06/13/2002
RFE Reply received on AVM: 06/29/2002

Waiting for approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye

Reply to NSC_485_Waiter

Nothing new for my case yet.
Howerver I have found an interesting link, you may want
to check. That link do give me some patient to wait.
If you notice that there some 2000 are still waiting, we
will feel much better...

here is the link:
http://www.imwong.com/success.htm

Re: Reply to NSC_485_Waiter

Dear Friends,

New processing dates have been issued by Lincoln, it looks like in one month NSC has cleared 3 months worth of backlog. But when I look on rupnet.com, I do not see much progress for cases between 1/2001 through 3/2001. Instead cases filed in 7/2001 and 8/2001 are moving more rapidly. This all looks to be some sort of tactics so that applicants like us who have cases stuckup for no good reason should not be able to represent or take any help from their senator office etc.

Any Ideas...

Thx...

Re: Reply to NSC_485_Waiter

I agree with gcwaitguy. Though NSC claims they are processing 04/01 cases currently, all of us with RD/ND 01/01-04/01 are still waiting, and NO updates at all. God knows what NSC is doing.

MY RD is 02/01, ND is 03/01, so looks like I can again contact senator;s office for inquiry regarding my case. I've got so many different responses from IIO's - file moved, waiting to be assigned, I140 connection, etc - that I don't know what to believe. Hopefully, the senator's office can get some positive and actual response from NSC. Keeping my fingers crossed. Called them yesterday, did not call me back yet.

Good luck to all of us!!

NSC_485_wait

I called NSC this morning and was told that my case was assigned to an officer on September 26th. Anybody has any idea how longer I have to wait for the final approval.

For my case:
RD 04/06/2001
ND 04/23/2001
FP 05/30/2002

Re: Re: Reply to NSC_485_Waiter

gcwaitguy:

No Updates on my case yet. Haven't talked to IIO's in last 2-3 weeks. Senator's office is trying to find out the status of my case. Could take a couple of weeks to find something, I guess!!!!

NSC_485_wait

I also contacted II0 recently and was told it has been assigned to an examiner on 9/24. no idea what's going on... because I have seen no new 4/2001 approvals yet for July/ August 2001 approvals are coming at same rate.

For my case:
RD 04/09/2001
ND 04/25/2001
FP 06/6/2002 (SELF) and 5/13/02 (WIFE)

Good Luck and stay in touch.