Delaware SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filed in Oct 2003

DD_guy_here said:
This is a good hope..to see people in this thread talking about DE processing i was beginning to think that DE was DEad :)
Are there any people who filed for there labor from DE around July 2003 or close and havent or have recieved any information?.

Still Waiting..

DD

My Labor was filed from DE in the month of Oct,2003..seem quite long time I have go..

My LC was filed from DE on June 2003. Got a prevailing wage query in Aug 04 and sent reply in Sep 04. No news after that. Hoping the application was forwarded to Philly BEC/BRC whatever.

Filed Aug 2003

Guys,

Going by the trend of backlog, I am gonna have to take a lot of hope and strength from you all..Please keep this forum posted as and when you receive any updates from the state/Fed/or even Attorney..

Needless to say, employers are least bothered..They even create issues if you call the attorney to enquire about status..

I read that someone here had a query for 'prevailing wage' ?? Any reason why they would come back asking for that ? Also does the skill set really matter in determining labor ?

Btw, my filing date is 08/28/2003

Thanks,
CB

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the phone enquiry System

HI ,
Couple of months back this phone enquiry system was working to know about our labours.
Is this still working
i have this number 215-861-5286..
Is this still correct???

EB3 to EB2 ?

Thanks for the update guys. It feels a lot better to hear from someone exactly the same things that I am undergoing. My attorney's Assistant [btw, I cant speak to my Attorney..he is too busy always !!] 'thinks' my case might have moved to the Regional Office but wont confirm.

May I know in what category your Labors were filed ? Mine was filed in EB3 despite telling him to file it in EB2. I hold a B.S degree and abt 8 yrs of experience. Due to this retrogression thing, I am really concerned if I should even continue to wait for updates.

Is it possible to change to EB2 from EB3. I can ask my employer to push if needed ?

How about others ? Any guess on when our labors will get approved ?

Thanks,
CB

PD: 08/28/2003

I spoke with the Delaware ETA contact and she told me that my case was still in the State and was not sent to the Regional Office. That sucks...considering my PD is 08/28/2003

Hey CB,
Thanks for sharing this, guess it might be the same thing for me, since mine was filed in july 2003 and i havent heard (or so my co. says) a thing. What is the contact# for this person in delaware you talked to regarding your case?
Thanks much!

DD

DE ETA Number

I called this number : (302) 761-8116

Btw, I tried calling almost every other day but it would only put me to a voicemail. I was fortunate to have gotten someone to speak to me last week.

If you filed in July 2003, I think you should ask your attorney to seek the status of the labor. If you cant talk to your attorney directly, ask your employer to call the attorney and find out. Sometimes, the labor may get rejected [I hope not] but these employers wont let you know about that.

-CB

Filed in Oct 2003

My Labor was filed from DE in the month of Oct,2003 under EB2-RIR..As far now DE is processing Sept 2003.
I am confused, could any one tell me will they open my file and send it to BEC(BRC) Phily or they will send it to NPC?
Thanks for your reply.

State has no knowledge about BEC

The DE state labor agency does not have a clue about what BEC,BRC,NPC [or whatever you call it] really means..I think they have not got any specific notification as such. So, my presumption is that they will continue to forward the case to Philli Regional Labor..

From there on...only God can predict when things will move

Recently I came to know from my attorney that my application has been moved to Philly DOL on Sep 29th 2004 from DE swa. Now I have to see whether it has gone to the BRC/BEC and when I will get the 45 days letter.

Recently ..there was a small confusion with my application..At first, the SWA indicated that they cant find my file..later they said they never said anything like that..I am now concerned if my labor application will ever get to the Regional...

At the same time I enquired with my attorney asking abt PERM. He said that it is going to be a very stringent process especially the job posting has to be done in 2 newspapers instead of the usual one newspaper. Also, there has to be interal postings, posters etc etc...that I think many big companies will refuse to do...In a nutsheel, the entire interviewing and hiring process is different and complicated for PERM.

Switching to EB2..Hoo Hoo

Guys, I convinced my employer to process my labor in EB2 and guess what ..he accepted...My attorney will be withdrawing my application from the State and file an amended labor in the EB2 category. He has to do the reapplication within 45 days from the date of withdrawal. So, the first thing to do would be to place an AD and do all the hiring process within 45 days. That is going to be the real challenge..Will keep you posted..

Cyberbabu,
By reapplying within 45 days, can you retain your priority date?. Or will there be a new priority date for the application.

Retain prioroty date

The goal is to retain the priority date. That is why I have to resubmit the application within 45 days. Otherwise I will lose the date. The best part of doing this is that...by the time I refile it'll be around Feb. end by which time I will come to know if the BRC is making any progress at all. I will probably wait until May and then convert my case to PERM.

make the code monkeys hang tight.. Backlog Reduc in 2 yrs? YA RIGHT!

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

01/07/2005: Prospects for Labor Certification Backlog Removal in Two Years

The DOL is currently working under the backlog reduction plan which targets to remove the entire backlog cases in two years. The backlog cases are estimated to far exceed 300,000. However, one wonders how the goal can be achieved by the two Backlog Processing Centers without a substantial number of those cases being swifted to the other two National Processing Centers. Logistically, unless such swift takes place, the works between the two Backlog Processing Centers (300,000+) and the two National Processing Centers (new PERM applications) may also turn out to be imbalanced with the resultant inefficient and ineffective use and management of available adjudication resources.
It appears that such swift must be achieved in the form of conversion of existing cases to the PERM cases. However, because of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program and extremely high risk embedded in the conversion requirements under the PERM Final Rule, one cannot expect a massive swift of cases from the Backlog Processing Centers to National Processing Centers. Ironically, the DOL is launching the PERM program at a time when the EB-3 visa numbers starts retrogressing. The retrogression of visa numbers places less weight and importance on prompt approval of labor certification applications than preservation of priority dates. Additionally, the FIFO rule of processing of backlog cases induces the oldest filers to hesitate to consider conversion of the pipeline cases to the PERM cases. Accordingly, it is most likely that those who consider the conversion will turn out to be recent filers when it comes to Indians, Chinese, and Philippines nationals.
On top of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program, the dead traps embedded in the conversion in terms of priority dates will lead to hesitation of a large number of backlog cases to file a conversion. In hindsight, the DOL should have liberalized the conversion opportunity which would guarantee preservation of the priority dates. The Final Rule moved towards the other direction.
Under the circumstances, DOL may have to require the National Processing Centers to participate in the backlog reduction works for effective utilization of resources as well as for assistance with the Backlog Processing Centers to manage the reduction of backlogs within certain period of time. The DOL would have achieved the transition and reorganization more smoothly from the two-tier system to the single-tier system, had it planned the timing of the PERM launch program appropriately and provided liberal opportunities for conversion in the Final Rule. Conversion would have allowed the DOL to remove some of those cases from 45 to 60 days, accelerating removal of backlog cases. Participation of the National Processing Center resources in the backlog reduction will involve the same protracted processing procedures which will be governed by the current labor certification rules and may turn out to add just number of resources to the backlog reduction workforces. Considering the fact that "six" Regional Certifying Offices had failed to remove the backlogs and piled up over 300,000 cases, one wonders how participation of the part of workforces of the National Processing Centers in the Backlog Processing Centers' cases would remove the mountain of backlogs in two years. We will watch closely how the operation of reengineering will unfold during the next two years.

Any news from delaware on whats going on?

Just trying to see if there are any updates or movement in the delaware camp?.

DD
Labor filed from delaware: July 2003. No news yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.