Degree Evaluation question

Thank you for the above replies, so I am bit confused ,
1. based on my evaluated mech engineering 4 year degree and 1 year post grad diploma and no of years of experience in Canada, I am not eligible for any TN category - I am targeting Product Manager, Consultants and Senior Business Analyst jobs at the moment.- please advise? ,
2. if I am not eligible should I stop applying altogether or try my luck at the border, i don't want to have visa rejection on on Canadian passport ?
3. what should or can I do to be eligible if this is what I want to do ?
thank you for all the help , really appreciate all the replies

Any TN category that allows for a 2-year (not one) diploma requires that the diploma be from North America, not simply equivalent to a N American one. The required experience can be from anywhere. It is your job that is incompatible with your degree. You are an engineer: you need a engineering job to get TN.

My diploma is from Canada, so since I don't have any engineering experience, i unfortunately will not qualify for a TN visa

Not for CSA. For engineering, yes. You can only use your degree. You never need experience when you have a related degree.

I have a question along similar lines, back in 2015, I had my credential evaluation done through WES for Canadian immigration purposes. Now I am applying for TN visa to work in US. Can I use the same evaluation for this purpose? Or do I need it to be done again by WES US?

It doesn't have to be done by WES US, however, the CBP requires your degree be equivalenced to a US degree, which may be different.

Best get it redone (by WES canada or UofT) if there is any doubt.

It doesn't have to be done by WES US, however, the CBP requires your degree be equivalenced to a US degree, which may be different.

Best get it redone (by WES canada or UofT) if there is any doubt.
Hi Nelsona,

Great, thank you very much for the clarification! Really appreciate your feedback!