Defective FP for I131 Re-entry Permit, Can the fingerprinting be done at a Consulate outside the US

rjfl

Registered Users (C)
My wife applied for a REP (Reentry permit), we received her FP notice and went to the ASC (Orlando), there a trainee Agent attempted to take her finger print for close to an hour, then another agent assisted the trainee and the supervisor asked the trainee to take the remaining prints.

Just after my wife left the US, I received a notice saying the FBI was unable to use the (defective) fingerprints and she need to retake the fingerprints.

Since it is the ASC's fault is there any way we can get a refund? as the REP will be useless if she has to return to the US to redo her fingerprints.

OR

Is it possible to have the fingerprints done at the US consulate (in India)?

If anyone has a similar experience I'd like to know your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my wife speak to the agent at the customer service number, the initial customer service rep, transferred to an agent who listened to my wife and told her to send a letter stating the situation and to request a reschedule date.

- We wrote a letter telling them it was the ASC's fault and requested them to resubmit the existing FP, or schedule a date around Nov for her to come back to the US to do the FP (which would have defeated the purpose of the Reentry Permit).

- On Jun 24 we got an Approval notice saying here I131 has been approved. ( That was a surprise).

It appears that the USCIS is become more responsive in recent times.

My Wife received the Re Entry Permit from the Chennai Consulate in India this week. This is lightning fast.