Decision made without interview on my Naturalization (N-400) Application..... Need Help !!

Rajukalia

Q :- Applied for Naturalization in 2006
Fingure Prints after a month of my application receipt date.
Fingure prints letter sent in August 2008
Interview Letter in September 2008
Interview Descheduled letter in September 2008

After all this they asked me to wait until my background checks are cleared, but I made an info pass appointment last friday where at the counter she told me that a decision has been made on your application and "you will hear from us very soon" I insisted to find out how they can make a decision without the interview...... She said "your file is with the supervisor for the decision review" I said what does it mean ? she then said "It could be good or bad, all you have to do is wait"

I am really scared now that without the letter they made a decision on my case and supervisor is review the decision that is made on my application.

Does anyone know what could be the decision ? or it is normal for the supervisor to review the file before they send the interview letter ?

Please help me I'm really scared !

If I were you, I'd be doing two things right now;

A- Contacting a good immigration lawyer.
B- Contacting my local senator.

But that's just me.

If they make a decision without an interview, it is either a mistake, or you got rejected. A common reason for rejection without an interview is because you applied too early. Or they incorrectly think you applied too early because they miscounted by 1 or 2 days or you signed the N-400 before the 90th day prior to your GC anniversary. That's why we recommend applying at least 3 or 4 days after that 90th day, to protect yourself from their mistakes.

But in this case, it looks like a supervisor is reviewing it, so if everything is in good order the supervisor should schedule a new interview date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is the first time I have heard that they make any descion before interview, its possibly like the others say if there is any criminal background,, or you applied to early, then prepate for the worst.

But if you know that your record is clean and you applied in good time then you should hopefully get approved.

keep us updated and good luck :)

Without the tests of English and history and granted for an approval, that sounds not executable to me. Prepare for the worst.

I Think This is Your Problem

They did not tell me if there is any record came back posotive ! I don't have any criminal record for sure.... If you have a record in Canada, does it count ??

Once your case gets transfered to the NBC, it gets into their CLAIMS system and a number of automated security checks occur. I think it would be reasonable to assume that there is foreign data included in this, but there is nothing out there (that I could find in 5 minutes) to detail this, nor should there be. The only realistic advice for you is sit tight and wait for the notice.

They did not tell me if there is any record came back posotive ! I don't have any criminal record for sure.... If you have a record in Canada, does it count ??

I wouldn't be surprised if criminal records from Canada do show up as both CBSA and CBP share database records.