December Bulletin is out

At this time we need to wish for a democrate in favour of immigrant community to take the power, until then we are all fuXXed for a good long time.

So please put the sticks back where it belonged and enjoy the long ride.

This is a Joke!

The immigration system is worse than that of any system in any other country. Do people managing the immigration system really have anything left in the top floor?

It is hopeless and painful to go through this practical joke.

No Justice in this country also.

Or these people have made it purposefully to push back dates so that there work load is not there during these 2 to 3 month Holiday Season so that they can have peaceful holidays ????

I dont know who ever did mistake making everyting current earlier and now even OLD filers are facing problems.

No Justice in this country also.

There was no retrogression for eb2 until 2005(infact a few months before i filed labor). Then all on a sudden it retrogressed to 3-4 years. I couldnt believe then... now seeing the same game again, I realized that my skin is thicker and dont feel the pain.

Everyone talks of illegals( people without documents). see how america treat legal immigrants. yesterday Tancredo was on CNN talking to rick sanchez about temporary workers coming to US and forming bomb squads. I wish a few of these law makers have gone through poor immigrants life and realized what it is to be honest and right and still treated like a dirt. They are borne with silver spoons.... antiimmigrant lobby are using scare tactics to stop immigration.

May be we should all pack bags and leave for ever.... thank god we have an election to hope for.

When they are doing all this why don't they just end the labor substitution. I am tired of this $hit.

Immigrants from India have one more good reason to go back home. There is already tempting development back home which will make u unease and unrest if you have visited your home town in the last one year. And this indefinite future of Immigration and American Citizenship makes it more interesting to be part of home financially and otherwise. So, lets think that everything happens for good. That way, we can take some stress out and invest our energies wisely.

What development are you talking about? there is still no continous water or electricity..diseases are breaking out every year..pollution and environment are the killers.

What development are you talking about? there is still no continous water or electricity..diseases are breaking out every year..pollution and environment are the killers.

Spulla - No offences, but lets focus on the issue here. This forum is not just limited to the folks from India, but is shared by global personnel stuck in the immigration process. I hope no offences taken and you get the point.

Getting back on track - I share the pain of December bulletin, but gc_mania in another forum (link attached) mentioned something that caught my attention. Look at post # 6637. Does it mean that the applicants whose NC is cleared are 'pre-assigned' a visa number and out of the 'bulletin' hole?

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=200051&page=222

Stress or Pollusion both are slow poison

Agree with spulla
The pollusion causes diseases so become killer, dont you think US immigration's stress and anxiety is also a form of slow poison. The love and care can care diseases in homeland, but oversease stress is cureless.

It happened in June/July when qualified applicants were assigned visa numbers from last year's uota but got approval in next year i.e Octorber 07

Here I am . EB-2 India 11/2002 . Everything cleared. Had a small RFE for Employment Verification. Had it not happened I would have got approval by now. Now I do not know if it is next year or 2009.

So there is no pre assigned visa number at least for now. Visa # is allocated at the time of approval.

Spulla - No offences, but lets focus on the issue here. This forum is not just limited to the folks from India, but is shared by global personnel stuck in the immigration process. I hope no offences taken and you get the point.

Getting back on track - I share the pain of December bulletin, but gc_mania in another forum (link attached) mentioned something that caught my attention. Look at post # 6637. Does it mean that the applicants whose NC is cleared are 'pre-assigned' a visa number and out of the 'bulletin' hole?

Bulletin fiasco

It happened in June/July when qualified applicants were assigned visa numbers from last year's uota but got approval in next year i.e Octorber 07

Here I am . EB-2 India 11/2002 . Everything cleared. Had a small RFE for Employment Verification. Had it not happened I would have got approval by now. Now I do not know if it is next year or 2009.

So there is no pre assigned visa number at least for now. Visa # is allocated at the time of approval.

I am EB2 - 09/2002. As per INfopass everything is clear as on Oct.17th. Still I have not seen any movement in my case. NC cleard - No RFE. Nothing pending. Now this 'holiday bulletin' has thrown me out for no reason. This is just to discourage new applicants.

Sorry, My intention was not to digress.

I hope you are right but when I talked to IO last thursday she(sounded pissed about being on phone) said my case was not assigned to officer. I am not sure if assigned to officer has anything to do with having a visa number. I hope not. Also, I hope a visa# is assigned prior.

On the other hand, I agree with the possibility that they will approve the existing cases. This has happened before. This retrogression could simply be to put the PD as early as possible to they can be sure that there will not be anymore filings. I seriously doubt if there are too many EB2 cases with older PD's. Remember, towards the end of last fisical year USCIS could not use up all available visa numbers that they had to make everybody current.

Very True. And in most big city outskirts SEZ's are coming up with walk to work concept. So, the problem of traffic and accidents is ruled out. And most of the new Residential Development communities have backup power some even with solar power. So, if you are a software engineer you definitely have good life and comparable $ - rupee salary.

I did not mean to distract anyone from achieving the GC dream, All of us are here in US and in this forum reading for posts day and night to get into line and get out with GC in hand. But it is not in our hands, that we have to admit and keep options open and welcome anything with positive attitude and mind. I like this country for its infrastructure, healthcare and security. As much as I would like to stay, I wouldn't mind being free and happy back at my home.

Agree with spulla
The pollusion causes diseases so become killer, dont you think US immigration's stress and anxiety is also a form of slow poison. The love and care can care diseases in homeland, but oversease stress is cureless.

Ambition is the reason for this frustration and stress. The day we left india this stress started. Uncertainity and instability are NRI's asset. Now I start thinking like this...

Just work in US as long as you want. if you get GC. it is good. More than 50% of these current GC's are going back to india for good. I have one bro who worked in silicon valley for 6 years, been on this forum whole long. finally got GC, with lot of stress and hard work. but by then changed his mind and relocated to india now. I am seeing many are doing same thing.
so why worry to get to GC?. are you sure you are going to become citizen here? If at all you do, are you sure you are going to live and die in this country?. have you ever thought of the post retirement issues?. How many of us have invested in 401K to have a retirement life (let us say 20 years). If you retire in america and no money means you are dead meat.
I personally beleive I cannot be one of these. Instead go back to that country where you have your old friends and relatives. healthcare & other things have improved so much in india, in another 10 years people from US retirement homes will be treated in India by large corporations (those skeptic of indian health care). so why bother about GC so much.
If you think deep you will find out that this game is not worth your life.. Sometimes you are so bogged down into the process that you forget to live.

If you think deep you will find out that this game is not worth your life.. Sometimes you are so bogged down into the process that you forget to live.

If you are working for a "DESI" company which is sucking your blood, you will worry.

You will want to get out of this Mess, get a better salary, start your own business/job etc etc.

Ambition is the reason for this frustration and stress. The day we left india this stress started. Uncertainity and instability are NRI's asset. Now I start thinking like this...

Just work in US as long as you want. if you get GC. it is good. More than 50% of these current GC's are going back to india for good. I have one bro who worked in silicon valley for 6 years, been on this forum whole long. finally got GC, with lot of stress and hard work. but by then changed his mind and relocated to india now. I am seeing many are doing same thing.
so why worry to get to GC?. are you sure you are going to become citizen here? If at all you do, are you sure you are going to live and die in this country?. have you ever thought of the post retirement issues?. How many of us have invested in 401K to have a retirement life (let us say 20 years). If you retire in america and no money means you are dead meat.
I personally beleive I cannot be one of these. Instead go back to that country where you have your old friends and relatives. healthcare & other things have improved so much in india, in another 10 years people from US retirement homes will be treated in India by large corporations (those skeptic of indian health care). so why bother about GC so much.

Let me make you feel better...let me put some perspective.

See... it is a matter of coincidence that your stress started when you came here to US. The greater reason for that is that you have grown while you were here....you now have more responsibilities....it is just your age not the US that is causing you stress....any person during this stage of their lives will go through this struggle....in a way its struggle for existence....struggle to make a life for yourself....to take care of your family...to take care of future...etc so while trying get somewhere in life...everybody goes through this....If you were in India....all the problems and responsibilities are still the same ...minus GC trouble...Of course unless you are filthy rich(That should take care of some problems).. otherwise, welcome to life :)