December Bulletin is out

EB2 went back by 2 years... already used 38% available visa?. So in another two months it becaome unavailable.

it's not gonna happen

Hmm...
I m giving up hopes of hearing anything good in near future...
Looks like with many EB3s upgrading to EB2 using their old dates, may
have contributed to screw up of EB2 dates.
Not bad that EB3 at least moved forward... is that something to cheer
about? well... not really....:mad:
Unless someone understands and attempts to clean up this mess, it's
gonna be tough to see green in near future.

This means coming months EB2 India will be unavailable or stuck in 2002 for the rest of FY2008

CHINA-mainland born and INDIA:

Employment Preferences:

First: Continued heavy demand may require the establishment of a cut-off date at some point during the fiscal year.

Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out.

They have just moved One week from 22 April 2001 to 1st May 2001 .
:mad:..... lts really a joke or wat

Hi gcckar

Hi gcckar

What is the meaning of many EB3s upgrading to EB2 using their old dates

Thanks,
goudpmk

Hi gcckar

What is the meaning of many EB3s upgrading to EB2 using their old dates

Thanks,
goudpmk

If someone has an EB3 from earlier and a new EB2 petition, they can use their EB3 priority date on the EB2 petition. Given the retrogression in EB3, that is a good option, thus increasing demand on EB2 while pushing the priority date further behind.

S

I think that's why it is important to have more movements like Immigration Voice (IV) in September and push for more visa cap per year.

If someone has an EB3 from earlier and a new EB2 petition, they can use their EB3 priority date on the EB2 petition. Given the retrogression in EB3, that is a good option, thus increasing demand on EB2 while pushing the priority date further behind.

S

Can someone who is no longer on H1 status do that too? I always qualified for EB2 but had the opportunity to use a pre-approved EB3 labor and went for it.

2 years retro is too much guys....

Can someone who is no longer on H1 status do that too? I always qualified for EB2 but had the opportunity to use a pre-approved EB3 labor and went for it.

I don't know what these assholes are doing......I have been struggling since 2001. and my case has been pending since Last November with RD of Oct'2005
With more retro expected down the line and with all the cases filed when last flood gates were opened, I am really not seeing any future for my GC.
my case has been in NC since Oct 2005.

sorry for being so down guys....
not so thankful,
-Sri

If you have an approved I-140 you can port the priority date to a new I-140.

I can't believe my eyes. 38% of the quota is being used by EB2 in October alone. See we are talking about October 2008 to see any forward movement in EB2 India. Ridiculous. This is called back to square one.