December 2009 family based filers, post here

Just for your Info for those still awaiting EAD and AP:

Approx Processing Dates for Common Forms:

I-765 Dec 17, 2009 (Priority date being processed today)
I-131 Dec22, 2009

Visa and Immigration timelines

Please try and explain this properly.

@ dongseokji congratulation

First of all, thank you all for wishing me luck.
Here is my interview experience:
My interview was scheduled at 8:30 in the morning. I arrived at the DO around 8:10 and there were many people waiting before me so I had to wait about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Around 9:30, I was called by an officer. First, a greeting and the oath.
She asked me to present my passport, I-94s, and EAD card. Then, she went through my document and verified my parents’ name, current address, my social security number, phone number, my father’s (petitioner) social security number, and date of birth including my parents.
Once all the information was verified, she asked me all the “NO” questions.
Then, she asked me if I am going to school (because I was on F-1). I said yes, as a part time.
While she was using her computer, we chit chatted about my military experience in my country and family/population. Nothing serious.
She tried to access the USCIS intranet a few times, but was unsuccessful due to her expired password. She said she will try to access it at a later time or use someone else’s computer before the end of the day. She ended with a congratulatory comment. Just to make sure, I asked her “am I approved?” and she said YES. She said I would receive the card in mail in two weeks.
Unlike married couples interviews, I think this was a simple verification process and in fact, it took less than 15 minutes.
Once again, thank you and good luck to you all who have interview coming up soon. I hope my posting helped or comforted people in a similar situation.

congrats. i am in the same situation as you so i hope my interview will be as smooth since my petitioner is my father as wel.

Please try and explain this properly.

@ dongseokji congratulation

I think what dec09filer is trying to say is if your priority date (date application accepted by USCIS) is before December 17th, 2009 and you filed a I-765 you should of have received or have been approved for your EAD, and if your priority date is before December 22nd and you had filed a I-131 you should have received or been approved for your AP. However, even if you filed before these dates and had received a RFE then you could be put back so you still might not have received your EAD or AP.

dec09filer, where did you get these dates?

dongseokji,

Again congratulations!!! Two questions, has your online case status changed yet? What district office did you go to?

I think what dec09filer is trying to say is if your priority date (date application accepted by USCIS) is before December 17th, 2009 and you filed a I-765 you should of have received or have been approved for your EAD, and if your priority date is before December 22nd and you had filed a I-131 you should have received or been approved for your AP. However, even if you filed before these dates and had received a RFE then you could be put back so you still might not have received your EAD or AP.

dec09filer, where did you get these dates?

I think that is a good question.
where did you get that information,
from my case when should i be expecting any form of notice
i have not received any mail update or case touched since case resumed.

dongseokji,

Again congratulations!!! Two questions, has your online case status changed yet? What district office did you go to?

Thank you. Online case status for my case has not changed yet. I would careless about it since there could be a significant delay.
I went to DO in Lawrence, MA. There is Boston DO in MA too. I think they opened a new one not too long ago to accomodate large number of petitions in MA.

Thank you. Online case status for my case has not changed yet. I would careless about it since there could be a significant delay.
I went to DO in Lawrence, MA. There is Boston DO in MA too. I think they opened a new one not too long ago to accomodate large number of petitions in MA.

Good for you!!! Did the office take the EAD and AP back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all..I have been reading the posts here for a long time but havnt been able to find what I hav been looking for here. My question is I was in US on my J1 visa and got married while I was there. Had to return back and currently in India. Spouse will be USC in the first week of MArch and my I130 has been recently approved. How to expedite my case or do I hav to file for I 485? PLease help.
Thank you.

Wonderful...we start out on good news... One green card on its way! Congrads to my friend Dongseokji!

As for the dates i found them on the visa journey forum timeline. They are pretty accurate according to the folks there. Told you guys i have too much time on my hands lol... I think it depends where you get the rfe on your case. I think that it puts you behind about an average of 20 days... I am expecting it may not effect you all that much Realcool1. U think you may only be a week or so late if that when your priority date happens for the EAD. I have learned ins works on first come first serve. They work on priority dates. If the file is ready it gets processed. If its lacking it gets pulled ot of line and an rfe is sent out. When the matter is resolved it gets put back in line at the end of the line. Because some work is already done it gets to the front faster. Anyway thats just my theory...lol.

Goodluck to Calvin_LJQ. May the new Day bring you joy and success at your interview.....Let us know soon as you can.....

Thanks all!!! Case approved!!!!
The interview was at 10am and we were there 30mins early, we were called inside to interview right at 10am.
The interview was very short about 10-15 minutes. Very thing was very sillimar to what Dongseokji said. After taking an oath, she than asked me all "No" questions. and verified all my info and my father's info. Then asked for my I-94, she took it and said that my case was approved and the GC will be in mail in 2-3 weeks. She gave me an approval letter and told me no aboard before the GC.
A very big day for me!!! What a BIG step in this LONG process!! And I am glad that it's close to the end!!!!
Good luck to all whose interview on the way!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful...we start out on good news... One green card on its way! Congrads to my friend Dongseokji!

As for the dates i found them on the visa journey forum timeline. They are pretty accurate according to the folks there. Told you guys i have too much time on my hands lol... I think it depends where you get the rfe on your case. I think that it puts you behind about an average of 20 days... I am expecting it may not effect you all that much Realcool1. U think you may only be a week or so late if that when your priority date happens for the EAD. I have learned ins works on first come first serve. They work on priority dates. If the file is ready it gets processed. If its lacking it gets pulled ot of line and an rfe is sent out. When the matter is resolved it gets put back in line at the end of the line. Because some work is already done it gets to the front faster. Anyway thats just my theory...lol.

Goodluck to Calvin_LJQ. May the new Day bring you joy and success at your interview.....Let us know soon as you can.....

As you said, the processing time depends on when you got RFE, it seems.
My sister sent the document on the same day as I did, but she received RFE due to a mistake on their part.
Although she immediately responded, it delayed the whole process. Now she is waiting for either EAD or initial interview letter.
I don't know exactly how long she would have to wait, but the timeline was messed up because of that.
I do believe it wouldn't change the outcome of the process and I hope everything works out well for you who got RFE.

The interview was at 10am and we were there 30mins early, we were called inside to interview right at 10am.
The interview was very short about 10-15 minutes. Very thing was very sillimar to what Dongseokji said. After taking an oath, she than asked me all "No" questions. and verified all my info and my father's info. Then asked for my I-94, she took it and said that my case was approved and the GC will be in mail in 2-3 weeks. She gave me an approval letter and told me no aboard before the GC.
A very big day for me!!! What a BIG step in this LONG process!!

Congratulations CALVIN_LJQ!!!
We are two for two so far and I hope this continues.

A very big day for me!!! What a BIG step in this LONG process!! And I am glad that it's close to the end!!!!

Calvin_LJQ, congrats!!! It must feel great to have the process over.

If I am not mistaken the party of green luck resumes with the next batch, including my wife and I, the first week of March. Good luck to us all!!!

okay INTERVIEW UPdates- The new phase begins:D

First up::)
  1. dongseokji 2/18
  2. calvin_LJQ 2/19
  3. aaren/bhagavas 2/23

Next batch::):
  1. tracer 3/1
  2. dhlunar/VandiRussell/canadian_girl08 3/3
  3. Jay_T 3/4
  4. F&F2009 3/5
  5. empress123/dallas812 3/8
  6. 507107314 3/10
  7. EAD2003 3/15
  8. danromeo 3/16

Those of us still checking the mail:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::(
  1. realcool1
  2. dec09filer 3/22 update
  3. naas
  4. kiwistar
  5. kops

Update:

dongseokji APPROVED
Calvin_LJQ APPROVED
AAren and bhagavas next up on 2/23

Dear all..I have been reading the posts here for a long time but havnt been able to find what I hav been looking for here. My question is I was in US on my J1 visa and got married while I was there. Had to return back and currently in India. Spouse will be USC in the first week of MArch and my I130 has been recently approved. How to expedite my case or do I hav to file for I 485? PLease help.
Thank you.

I think u have to be in the usa to file adjustment of status. If you can get back in its a 3-4 month process. You can always ask Rajiv (forum admin) for more clear, specific and correct answers.