December 2009 family based filers, post here

Updating my time line.

Received two emails today from USCIS saying that my applications have been accepted by the lock box and were being transferred to the National Benefits Center. The emails included the receipt numbers, but didn't say what form it was for. I can't get online status yet because it was too soon. In fact the email says to wait to receive the I-797 (Official Receipt) before I check the status online. I know one receipt number is for the I-130 and the other is for the I-485.

I would recommend in the future that anyone who is going to mail something to USCIS that they can use G-1145 to send it in. Currently G-1145 can only be used for stuff being sent to the lock boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, everyone i am as excited as you are. finally my husband and I got our package mail out. So the wait is on.

12/18/09 mail package.

Hi Tracer and everyone,
Did you sing up for the G-1145(E-notification)? and before you get the FP letter, did you get an email or text-message for the FP appointment? Because I filed the same time as you but I did not get the PF letter neither the e-mail notification yet...I am a little worry about it...

updating our timeline. :) we received the fp letter for january 5. yay! :D

Did you sing up for the G-1145(E-notification)?

I did the G-1145 and I think it is to be notified of when the application is procesed by the lock box. I think that you have to go online to USCIS website and sign-up for case status to receive future emails and/or text messages.

Thank for your answer dhlunar! I did sign up and I got the E-mail when they sent the NOAs, but I did not get any further notifications since that....:mad:

I did the G-1145 and I think it is to be notified of when the application is procesed by the lock box. I think that you have to go online to USCIS website and sign-up for case status to receive future emails and/or text messages.

we didn't sign up for the email updates until we got the fp letter...the status just says that the last updated date was 12/14 and the fp letter was dated 12/15. hope you get yours very very soon!

Hi Tracer and everyone,
Did you sing up for the G-1145(E-notification)? and before you get the FP letter, did you get an email or text-message for the FP appointment? Because I filed the same time as you but I did not get the PF letter neither the e-mail notification yet...I am a little worry about it...

My online status for I-485 is still on the "Acceptance" Stage , but the I-131 and I-765 are in "initial review" I am so worry about it. what's your status shown?
we didn't sign up for the email updates until we got the fp letter...the status just says that the last updated date was 12/14 and the fp letter was dated 12/15. hope you get yours very very soon!

My checks were cashed on the 18th, I am so glad! Hopefully I will get a letter in the mail tomorrow.

I don't know when my check was cashed (paid by cashier's check and the bank said they can't tell when it was cashed), but I received my emails with my receipt numbers on the 18th. So, I suspect that my check was cashed about the same time. I still haven't received my official receipt notices or fingerprint letter in the postal mail yet. However, I think my mail might be delayed due to the snowstorm that we had here over the weekend.

I don't know when my check was cashed (paid by cashier's check and the bank said they can't tell when it was cashed), but I received my emails with my receipt numbers on the 18th. So, I suspect that my check was cashed about the same time. I still haven't received my official receipt notices or fingerprint letter in the postal mail yet. However, I think my mail might be delayed due to the snowstorm that we had here over the weekend.

I got my NOA today, I bet you'll get yours tomorrow too.

Got my NOA today for the I-130 and the I-485.

I am the petitioner and my wife is the beneficary. On both NOA there is nothing list in the priority date field, but the receive date is December 14, 2009. So I take it our case date is December 14th?

Also, I can't access our case information on the website or the telephone. Does anyone know how long it might be before it gets online?

You will get the online information in the next day or two.
Let me know what shows on your online status when your info are available online...

Got my NOA today for the I-130 and the I-485.

I am the petitioner and my wife is the beneficary. On both NOA there is nothing list in the priority date field, but the receive date is December 14, 2009. So I take it our case date is December 14th?

Also, I can't access our case information on the website or the telephone. Does anyone know how long it might be before it gets online?

When my wife was reviewing her I-485 NOA yesterday she realized that the A number was different then what she had in the past and put down on the I-485.

She called USCIS this morning and they put a service request in to have it fixed and said that if we don't hear anything within 45 days to give them a call back. She did ask if this will hold her up from getting her fp done (she hasn't received the appointment letter yet) and the agent said no.

So, does it really take them 45 days to correct the A number? Will it mess up her fp appointment? Will it hold up the process?

Also, the agent asked her a lot of questions because the receipt number wasn't in their system yet (I can't view the status online or by telephone), do they have two different systems and one hasn't updated the other?

I don't think the A# on the I-797C is the Alian#, I think that is Applicat number, because I have a different form what I have on the I-485.

When my wife was reviewing her I-485 NOA yesterday she realized that the A number was different then what she had in the past and put down on the I-485.

She called USCIS this morning and they put a service request in to have it fixed and said that if we don't hear anything within 45 days to give them a call back. She did ask if this will hold her up from getting her fp done (she hasn't received the appointment letter yet) and the agent said no.

So, does it really take them 45 days to correct the A number? Will it mess up her fp appointment? Will it hold up the process?

Also, the agent asked her a lot of questions because the receipt number wasn't in their system yet (I can't view the status online or by telephone), do they have two different systems and one hasn't updated the other?

We received our NOA regarding the I-130 and the I-485 that we filled on December 23. The received date was December 14th and the Notice date was December 18. As of now, December 27, I still cant access our case numbers on the case status website. Is it normal to have this lag time, could it be delayed because of the federal holidays or should I be worried?

I'm back & starting all over again

For anyone out there that remembers me you will know that we did not get our GC's in October like we hoped, so unfortunately we have had to forget about our loss, and start the process all over again. Our eldest daughter (my step-daughter) who recently got her citizenship will be the one filing for us, (we were married when she was 6yrs old). Hopefully this time all will go well.

Timeline

12/16/09 - Posted I 130, I 485 & I 765

12/17/09 - Rec'd by Chicago Lock Box via UPS overnight delivery

12/21/09 - Checks cashed

12/22/09 - Rec'd NOA's for I 485 & I 765