December 2009 family based filers, post here

My wife and I sent our I-130/I-485 package from the DC area on Friday by Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. The post office is saying it was processed though their mail facility for Chicago Ohare yesterday, so USCIS should receive it today. How much longer till I get a notice that the applications where accepted? I did include a G-1145 for them to email when it is accepted.

Here are the dates for my wife's application.

Concurrently filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 for my wife.
12/04/2009: Mailed to Chicago
12/10/2009 : Arrived at lockbox
XX/XX/XX: Priority date
XX/XX/XX: Check Cashed
XX/XX/XX: N797C Received
XX/XX/XX: FP Notice Received
XX/XX/XX:: FP Date

My wife and I sent our I-130/I-485 package from the DC area on Friday by Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. The post office is saying it was processed though their mail facility for Chicago Ohare yesterday, so USCIS should receive it today. How much longer till I get a notice that the applications where accepted? I did include a G-1145 for them to email when it is accepted.

I wish I knew about the G-1145, I would have included it.

I sent mine by Priority Mail from SC Wednesday and they just received it Satuday.

I wish I knew about the G-1145, I would have included it.

I sent mine by Priority Mail from SC Wednesday and they just received it Satuday.

I will let you know if the G-1145 works and what I get by email. If the form works then I will tell everyone I know to include it with any applications that they send to the lockboxes.

I don't know when my check is going to be cashed because I got a cashier's check from the bank.

Still no emails yet regarding my G-1145 request. However, USCIS website said that they try to review forms for acceptance within 2 business days of being receivied, and a G-1145 request will go out within 24 hours after an update. So, if it was received yesterday, hopefully I should be getting an email today or tomorrow (but knowing them I will give them to the end of the week). I will keep everyone posted.

Checks were encashed on Monday. Check image indicates a MSC number. Looks like the case is at the Missouri Service Center.

Hi all, I am signing in too.

I have a simple question for anyone who are/was in a similar situation.
My current status is F1 (student) and I submitted I-485 and I-765 about two weeks ago and it is in progress.
Should I maintain the F1 status next semester? I don't know exactly what the guideline is for such a case, but it seems that there are two different concensus regarding this issue according to my web research.

1. One should maintain the F1 status just in case that my petition is denied. (safer way)
2. One should not maintain the F1 status because it conflicts with the initial premise that one must not have an immigration intent when one obtained/changed to F1 status.

I know I don't have to stay as F1 any more because I am a "pending" permanent resident.
Please help me with your expertise if anyone knows about this. Thank you in advance for your input.

I am in the same situation as you are. I post my question online here is the response. But I am still not very sure..

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/c...vo-_-Notification-_-Answers_Notify-_-question

Hi all, I am signing in too.

I have a simple question for anyone who are/was in a similar situation.
My current status is F1 (student) and I submitted I-485 and I-765 about two weeks ago and it is in progress.
Should I maintain the F1 status next semester? I don't know exactly what the guideline is for such a case, but it seems that there are two different concensus regarding this issue according to my web research.

1. One should maintain the F1 status just in case that my petition is denied. (safer way)
2. One should not maintain the F1 status because it conflicts with the initial premise that one must not have an immigration intent when one obtained/changed to F1 status.

I know I don't have to stay as F1 any more because I am a "pending" permanent resident.
Please help me with your expertise if anyone knows about this. Thank you in advance for your input.

UPdating My Timeline

Yeah!!!! My checks have been cashed. Awesome. That means we are moving along!:)

I don't get this...my mo and checks were cashed too soon compared to other cases I have seen here and I am yet to receive any letters

I don't get this...my mo and checks were cashed too soon compared to other cases I have seen here and I am yet to receive any letters

Lice71,
I'd say give it about 3-7 days before you can receive anything. My checks just cashed yesterday and I'm hoping i will receive a letter either tomorrow or saturday;)

I am still waiting for my Biometric appointment (fingerprint) letter.....why keep me so many days to wait.....

Calvin LJQ:
Thank you for the link the other day. I read it thoroughly, but I think she is making a "BIG" deal out it more than it needs to be.
You will get the appointment letter in a few day based on the timeline from other posting in this forum. You and I are in this about the same time so let's wait and go through this whole process together until the "END".

dongseokji:
I agree with you that she is makeing it a "BIG" deal of it. you know, lawyers always try to scare you...but for me, I may still keep my F1 status...
Yes, we are in a similar timeline, and let's keep each other updated untill the GreenCard!