Dec 2 interview - travel after that, name change issues etc

Hello guys, Good news!
I had a travel out side during the last few weeks and when I came back last week, I had my oath letter in my mail-box.
Yes, finally today I had my oath in Alexandria court and recieved my certificate.
I hope to hear good news from you too.

Hello guys, Good news!
I had a travel out side during the last few weeks and when I came back last week, I had my oath letter in my mail-box.
Yes, finally today I had my oath in Alexandria court and recieved my certificate.
I hope to hear good news from you too.

Hi Katy,

Congrats....

Katy:
Was it like, were you taking your husband's lastname? Or was it a proper first name change that you applied at the interview ?

My Processing Time:
Sent N400: 11/05/2009
Recieved reciept#: 11/14/2009
Recieved Finger-print letter: 11/22/2009
Finger-print walked in: 12/08/2009
Recieved Interview letter: 01/04/2010
Interview date: 02/03/2010
Oath letter issued: 03/22/2010
Oath date: 04/15/2010

Thanks Katy and good that you are done with the process !! - and it looks really weird the way Court is conducting the Oath process - my wait time is now 136 days!

I am very worried after seeing linuxrox case... I am changing my first and last name.....

Linuxrox,
Are you changing both first & last names?

Nope - only shortening the first name to my common name.
E.g: VenkataSubramaniam Anantharaman TO Venkat Anantharaman.

My Processing Time:
Sent N400: 11/05/2009
Recieved reciept#: 11/14/2009
Recieved Finger-print letter: 11/22/2009
Finger-print walked in: 12/08/2009
Recieved Interview letter: 01/04/2010
Interview date: 02/03/2010
Oath letter issued: 03/22/2010
Oath date: 04/15/2010

two months after interview. That's a ray of hope.

Cowfacepose,

Your letter is coming; fairfax is just too slow lately. For most of those who did not have same day oath there's backlog that goes back to October 2009.

Wave

Congrats linuxrox.
Finally.

How about changing #include<std.disclaimer> to using system.standard.disclaimer :)

Oath Completed on May 20th - thursday.
Letter asked me to report by 8.00 am - with the traffic being a B, me and wife reached there at 9.10 AM.
Parking is a couple of blocks from the 401 Courthouse address.
They DO NOT allow cell phones and cameras into the building. Lucky that wife came along - gave everything to her asking her to go back to the car, dump them and come back.
Inside it was smooth - they took my GC and the oath letter. They asked if there were any traffic tickets since the interview and before the Oath - I said NO. she gave my numbering and asked me to go sit in the chair. Behind me was a "Desi Girl" - from what she said she interviewed like before October 2009. She got a traffic ticket and DID not bring the proof - they refused to entertain - she went out, and maybe called some one to get the proof of payment and returned back at 9.45 and they took her in. So if you have a traffic ticket after interview, GET the proof of payment to the Court.

At 10.00 the District Attorney gave description of whats going to happen. At about 10.15 the Judge and his entourage came in - with their hammers, Oye Oye and the works.
The DA read thru all the names, we stand up and state the name of the country.
Judge approved the motions of name change officially.
After that was complete for the 70 odd users, there was a 40 minute discourse by the Judge on why US is great. Then reps from Daughters of American Rev addressed us and sang some poems i think (you can gauge my state by then).
Then some other justice dept folks gave another small discourse - and then the Judge came down and met all the participants who changed their names.
Then they called us one by one to hand over the Nat Cert, and 2 certified copies of name change sealed by court.
DAR folks gave us flag and stuff.
I rushed to eat, then to SSA office and DMV office. By EOD i finished both - and on friday I submitted by passport application.

So guys - that marks the end of my immigration journey!!!