Dec 2 interview - travel after that, name change issues etc

Alright guys - paid the customary visit to the shrine today. Was told the same thing - your name change app approved by court on jan 28th - looks like feb oath under judge in Alexandria did not happen (snow effect) and so everything upto Jan last week got pushed to March (which happened this week I was told) - so hopefully mine should happen in April - and also that when such backlog gets created they do it twice in a month to cover the backlog - that may happen in april or may. Closing statement - you are just waiting for oath, have patience!
My suggestion - go to the shrine right around the 2 month from interivew date mark - if you have not received ur oath letter by then - atleast to confirm that court has approved - once the court approves, it will show up in their internal USCIS system.

ahhh.. that dang snow again. It delayed everything. Hopefully they've caught up with everyone instread of pushing it out further.

I did an infopass and went to the USCIS. Almost everyone who had an infopass appointment was responsed infront of the check in desk. I was told that I should wait for almost 4 months to get letter and if I don't recieve then I should get another infopass appointment to follow up. Oooh, that's a long proccess...

cowface - somewhat ?
more discouraging than the fact that NASA found a shrimp, 600ft below thick ice :)
Shall keep you guys posted tomorrow!
Keep the faith, guys!

Linuxrox

Thanks for your detail reply. According to you, you got approved by Jan 28th Right? Does it show in the internal USCIS system? Also you mentioned wait for 2 months after the interview. I just completed my first month. I was about to make the info pass today for coming Friday as I told before. Now I gonna wait. I guess it is just a backlog due to snow. My term will come somewhere around July.

Yup it is long wait but we cannot much about it.

Yeah ljames - my interview was on Dec 2 - recommended for approval with 'name change' request taken.
On Feb 12th Shrine appointment, I was told that on Jan 28th 'Court' approved your name change application - looks like once they approve it gets updated in USCIS system.
On March 17th appt, they told me that because Feb Oath under judge got cancelled it got moved to March - which means mine *COULD* happen in April.
Again - as the oath letters arrive let us keep things posted.

One more update.
I also called USCIS on the 90th day (March 2) using the pretext my case processing is 'out of published' time limits.
They took the info and gave me a case #.
Yesterday I received a letter from USCIS stating that my case is 'approved' and that they area waiting for a slot to open for Oath.
Again - when you go in person for an infopass, you will never get anything in writing. So all the folks waiting on name change - on 90th day, make it a point to call for a check.

That is very valuable information linuxrox. Thanks for sharing this. I will do that in my 90th date.

I havent received anything yet!!!
Shall see my mail today and tomorrow - and setup an infopass for next week again!

Shall see my mail today and tomorrow - and setup an infopass for next week again!

Linuxrox,
I am sorry to hear your status. I am also changing my name and filed N-400 early this month.

Did you change your name in N-400 or at the time of interview? Which one is faster? Is there any difference in the process if one changes name in N-400 or at the time of interview?

Good luck to you and hope you get your OL very soon.

IPL fan - good point.
N-400: I marked NO to name change.
During interview the officer marked that to 'Yes' and then printed out the 'name change' with new name and all that - which I signed.
Anyway you look at it - the end result is the same - and that should not contribute to the out of order processing for Oath letter I think.

This is your 3rd time info pass right linuxrox. Does it really help making these info pass?
Do you really think the court get any pressure by doing info pass?

Did you say last time they just gave you the same answer again when you went?

If you really want we all can do a senator call? Send a letter to him urging to take some action espectially this is really important to get federal jobs.

Congradulation cowfacepose. I noticed you pass the interview and joined us. You do really need a name change LOL...

thank you. I was debating in my head that I would want to change the name. My only concern was I will be traveling in a few weeks and it'd be good and convenient to have a US passport. After weighing pros and cons, I decided to go ahead with the name change now instead of going through all the hassles again after. After coming back, I won't be in any hurry, I am just going to rest my mind and leave my finale in the hand of name changing little workers there.

hope you get yours soon.

Yes Cowface. It is definitely going to be a delay. But it is all worth it and get the paper work done once for all. Otherwise you need do this again. I am okay with a few months delay. Some one said during september an applicant got the name change within 2 months in Fairfax office. I guess the Christmas delay and Snow delays are making things worst but all of us will be out here before 2010.

What happened to everyone. Let keep this thread alive. I have to dig in 4th page to locate.

Yes it is long wait. We can have a happy hour here by sharing. Warm whether is here...