Dec 2 interview - travel after that, name change issues etc

No boss ..still waiting for Oath letter. Dont know whats going on. On my last infopass on Feb 8th, I was told that the Court approved the name change on 28th Jan and that it has been Q'ed for Oath. Looks like the damn kaboothar is hibernating.
As soon as it is 90 days, you can call the USCIS number and they will open a requisition to ping the office(r) to take action it seems - I did that on march 2.
next week thinking of doing infopass again!

I have the same situation like you. My interview was on 3th of February in Fairfax office of Virginia. When I requested for changing name the officer told me that it will take at least 2 months to recieve your oath letter. Now I'm just waiting!!

Last edited by a moderator:
keep the faith...guys..it is matter of time...backlog in court system can contribute to this...(which was a case in Chicago not long time ago). It is not, per se, USCIS issue.

I have the same situation like you. My interview was on 3th of February in Fairfax office of Virginia. When I requested for changing name the officer told me that it will take at least 2 months to recieve your oath letter. Now I'm just waiting!!

Katy
Which office ? Fairfax ?

Yes Fairfax Virginia. And also officer told me that if you didnt recieve any letter after 4 months you should call us for following up.

my husband had an oath with name change less than a month in Norfolk. I heard that all court cases in Va are being delayed because of snow. Now the weather is good so I hope it's going to pick up for You, guys.

Snow is almost gone since it is almost spring in DC area. Let us see how warm weather make changes. Mine is Feb 24 interview passed. By looking linuxrox & Katy34 I have long wait ahead of me...

It will be more than a month this friday since I last visited the shrine of USCIS in fairfax ...so shall take another infopass today for friday - and check it out.

Linuxrox, To do an infopass, from the options that you've mentioned in #12 post, which one have you selected?

Hope you get some answer this friday. I also wonder what option we have to pick to make the infopass as katy asked?

I got my oath letter from Iowa but it is just before my travel date (28/3) my oath scheduled (26/3). I went to court and gave the reqeust to reschedule my oath after my return... they took a copy of my letter and asked me to send my orginal letter to DO office.

If you get the oath letter, if you are not able to attend just send the letter back to DO office and request the oath on later date after you are back from your trip. Make sure you include your travel tickets with your name on it.

linuxrox

Did you go yesterday as you were saying? Also please let us know which option you selected for info pass? I guess both (katy and I) of us follow you to put some pressure on.

I got infopass appointment for Wednesday - 17th march. so i suggest you guys please follow up on thrusday and friday.
On the "Please select Kind of Service you need" page - select : "You need Service on a case that has already been filed"
On the "Services on a case that has already been filed" page - select: " Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing."
And you should be getting the screen to enter data - get ur N400 case number and your A# ready.

linuxrox,

My case not even a month now. The IO told me to wait for a month which would be by March 24th. I think if I book one I guess it would too earlier this friday. I would book on next Friday which would be 26th. I will post the details here.